Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread VI: End of the MOC [Revenge of the STH]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

awec wrote: »
    Leinster sending out the academy
    Leinster to send the B side out at home.
    Nice academy/A team hein ?

Cheers Leinster. :rolleyes:
    You're welcome !

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

I think Mike McCarthy is out of contract at the end of this season. He is proving invaluable for us this season and needs to be nailed down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

vienne86 wrote: »
    . He is proving invaluable for us this season and needs to be nailed down.

sometime around easter maybe? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭hogandrew

aimee1 wrote: »
    sometime around easter maybe? ;)

You're confusing him with Ringrose surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Felexicon

There'll be a few lads keeping the head down after all the nonsense posted yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

hogandrew wrote: »
    You're confusing him with Ringrose surely?

Naw, he's just a naughty boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭ItsChecoTime

I really hope we maintained the integrity of the competition with that win, not bad for a B side! ;) So so happy to see Molony, Tracey, Dooley, VDF and Ringrose all deliver great performances and quieten some of the doubters down

• Registered Users Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Leinster A whacked moseley 49-24. So much depth.

errlloyd wrote: »
    Leinster A whacked moseley 49-24. So much depth.

Leinster B surely. The As were too busy taking care of Bath. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,919 ✭✭✭jacothelad

aimee1 wrote: »
    sometime around Easter maybe? ;)
    You'll make some people very cross.....Is McCarthy nailed on then.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,553 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Fair play to Leinster, good performance in the end with some promising young talent on show. Don't think Bath were that good, they offered very little.

Cullen got it right in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭JPNelsforearm

I know the season is only half over, but at this stage McCarthy for POTY? Has anyone been as consistently effective as he has, he's been a real brute this season.

I know the season is only half over, but at this stage McCarthy for POTY? Has anyone been as consistently effective as he has, he's been a real brute this season.

think VDF is a contender.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Seems to have got a new lease of life. I'm sure Joe has noticed.

vienne86 wrote: »
    Seems to have got a new lease of life. I'm sure Joe has noticed.

Well with POC gone, Henderson and Tuohy injured we have Toner, Ryan and Maccer, possibly Muldowney and Foley.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,489 ✭✭✭swiwi_

After yesterday's game I'd be interested to know people's selections for wasps?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,930 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

swiwi_ wrote: »

That's Wasp's business.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

swiwi_ wrote: »

Id usually err on the side of resting sexton whenever possible but id love to see McGrath and sexton get time together as a combination in a tough game, furlong deserves to stay and we should be treating Ringrose as our first choice 13 from now

• Registered Users Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I think teo may actually be banned. In which case we might end up with Reid and Ringrose. In that case I'd like sexton there. Nacewa should continue, he's been good. I feel kirchener earned another round at fullback (does any fit test player play less minutes of rugby?) DK could have a rest, with Fitz injured and mcfadden banned I'm not sure who to put in. Is kellegher injured?

Switch the front rows, same second rows, sob to 6, vdf and Heaslip 8.

• Administrators Posts: 53,553 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

You're sending all the internationals to Wasps next weekend, right?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

The only change I would make is McGrath in for Dooley and if Rob Kearney is fit I'd start him.

Molony, L.McGrath and Ringrose should start again.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,039 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Hopefully not.

Talk to us about integrity again there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

errlloyd wrote: »
    I think teo may actually be banned. In which case we might end up with Reid and Ringrose. In that case I'd like sexton there. Nacewa should continue, he's been good. I feel kirchener earned another round at fullback (does any fit test player play less minutes of rugby?) DK could have a rest, with Fitz injured and mcfadden banned I'm not sure who to put in. Is kellegher injured?

Switch the front rows, same second rows, sob to 6, vdf and Heaslip 8.

This has almost been overlooked with the focus on the younger players, if you didnt know you actually would have no idea he retired at all. Hes not as fast as he used to be but he easily makes up for it with his intelligence and skill, the only young player we have that seems to operate on the same wavelength as him is Ringrose, and in the whole squad Id only put Sexton and Fitzgerald in that bracket also

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

There are a couple of things to consider when thinking of next weeks side. For starters Rob has played feck all really this season and could use game time ahead of the 6 Nations. Jack McGrath has played a lot though so we shouldn't be starting him. Maccer and Ruddock too have played a lot of rugby and could do with a rest I'd say. SOB didn't look fully fit yesterday which is a bit of a worry, so I wouldn't start him. Te'o might well be banned for that tip tackle so Reid-Ringrose might be our only available centres. We don't know who Joe will select at 22, but I've a feeling it will be Madigan which means I think we need to give Marsh some time ahead of this crucial period in the Pro12. I'd also like to give Isa a break so that he can lead us over the next 2 months.

With all that in mind (and the fact that I obviously haven't a clue):

Dooley Tracy Furlong
    Molony Denton
    Ryan Murphy VDF

McGrath Sexton
    Reid Ringrose
    D Kearney R Kearney Kirchner

Cronin, McGrath, Moore, McCarthy, SOB, Reddan, Marsh, Nacewa

EDIT: Strauss might feature too to get some game time......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭LostArt

to protect the integrity of the competition we should really send the same team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

I'd be happy enough if Leo rang Joe and asked him what selection he'd like to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Think we'll see a bit more of the same with some rotation. I think we'll see some of the nippier guys playing here, a good bit of running rugby from both sides. I reckon we'll see (bearing in mind I have no idea who's registered)

Dooley
    Cronin
    Furlong
    Molony
    Toner
    Ryan
    VDF
    Heaslip
    McGrath
    Sexton
    Fitzgerald
    Reid
    Ringrose
    Kirchner
    Kearney

Strauss
    McGrath
    Moore
    Denton
    Ruddock
    Reddan
    Madigan
    Nacewa

Just need to rest a few guys going into the 6n IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

I'd be happy enough if Leo rang Joe and asked him what selection he'd like to see.

I'm certain that's what will happen and I'd be surprised if the same conversation didn't happen before this weekend. If any of our guys need gametime ahead of the 6 Nations they'll be prioritised, if the Irish management would prefer them rested then they won't be near the pitch.

There's also an A game on. They actually have something to play for!

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭hogandrew

.ak wrote: »
    Think we'll see a bit more of the same with some rotation. I think we'll see some of the nippier guys playing here, a good bit of running rugby from both sides. I reckon we'll see (bearing in mind I have no idea who's registered)

Dooley
    Cronin
    Furlong
    Molony
    Toner
    Ryan
    VDF
    Heaslip
    McGrath
    Sexton
    Fitzgerald
    Reid
    Ringrose
    Kirchner
    Kearney

Strauss
    McGrath
    Moore
    Denton
    Ruddock
    Reddan
    Madigan
    Nacewa

Just need to rest a few guys going into the 6n IMO

I doubt Maloney and toner will start together. More likely toner and Denton. I'd guess at teo instead of ringrose too, but Leo is a hard man to predict

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

hogandrew wrote: »
    I doubt Maloney and toner will start together. More likely toner and Denton. I'd guess at teo instead of ringrose too, but Leo is a hard man to predict

I'm presuming we're gonna flog T'eo to death for the rest of the season so as this is the last meaningless game I reckon he'll be rested

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement