Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread VI: End of the MOC [Revenge of the STH]

Options

Comments

Are they skinny tracksuit bottoms?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,263 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Love both of them !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,642 ✭✭✭eire4

molloyjh wrote: »
    New jerseys...

358667.jpg

358668.jpg

Interesting location for the big jersey release:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭B0X

They're lovely

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

eire4 wrote: »
    Interesting location for the big jersey release:)

that's just the gloryhole jersey :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,063 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Those are class, would have been nice to see some gold on there. Best in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Nice jerseys......reminds me of Zebre!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

I didn't want to spend the money... But that home Jersey is gonna force me to... Lovely looking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭RobbieRuns

Nice jerseys but they have spelt all the names backwards !

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Hmm not mad on the white neck on the home Jersey, would've preferred just a bit of white piping, but they're pretty nice. And straight stripes would've looked better IMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,063 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

.ak wrote: »
    Hmm not mad on the white neck on the home Jersey, would've preferred just a bit of white piping, but they're pretty nice. And straight stripes would've looked better IMO

Disagree, didn't like this year's effort, put me in mind of Dennis the Menace. The diagonal looks more dynamic to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,309 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Liking the new gear the home is really nice, I was disappointed with the last few. I like the white on the shoulders of the home one. Hope its navy shorts and not the same blue as the jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭shaungil

At the open training session on Friday i skerries. didn't get to see muchas was on duty but last man signing autographs was Marty Hagan and they nearly all stayed out for ages signing for approx 1000 people there.
    Soke to McQuikan and he said he was getting a two year contract. Was this announced already?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

shaungil wrote: »
    At the open training session on Friday i skerries. didn't get to see muchas was on duty but last man signing autographs was Marty Hagan and they nearly all stayed out for ages signing for approx 1000 people there.
    Soke to McQuikan and he said he was getting a two year contract. Was this announced already?

Nope, wasn't announced. Good to hear though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭shaungil

so mcQ defense? Girve attack coach?

so mcQ defense? Girve attack coach?

Supposedly they're looking for a different attack coach and Dempsey will be sticking with the academy.

• Administrators Posts: 53,553 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

OSI wrote: »
    I just hope the new one fits and feels better. I haven't been able to find a jersey, Leinster or Irish since the 12/13 away Leinster that didn't feel like I was wearing a burlap sack.

leinster-rugby-jersey-2012-13-away.jpg

You tried on the Ireland World Cup jersey? Feels a lot more normal t-shirt like than most rugby jerseys.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭iamjenko

Would i be correct in saying that Darce has finished with Leinster? So that if he doesn't make the world cup (as seems likely after the weekend) he will be hanging up the boots?

iamjenko wrote: »
    Would i be correct in saying that Darce has finished with Leinster? So that if he doesn't make the world cup (as seems likely after the weekend) he will be hanging up the boots?

I think you are correct - but I wish we could have him for the world cup.

Yeah, that's what i thought. Was just reading the WOC post and he suggests Darce would be back in blue buti was sure i'd heard he was retiring if he didnt make the cut!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Clearlier

vienne86 wrote: »
    I think you are correct - but I wish we could have him for the world cup.

Perhaps as backup but I think I'd prefer to see Reid and Te'o develop a partnership.

Clearlier wrote: »
    Perhaps as backup but I think I'd prefer to see Reid and Te'o develop a partnership.

Yeah, Reid and Teo are really developing individually, will be great to see them click as a combination this season!

Clearlier wrote: »

Actually you are right.....but he would be a great guy to have around when bodies will be missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

vienne86 wrote: »
    Actually you are right.....but he would be a great guy to have around when bodies will be missing.

I wouldn't play him aside from a send off. Time to invest in Reid.

I thought D'Arcy would be sticking around in case of injury, no way I'd let all those fitness sessions be for nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,039 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

I really hope D'Arcy isn't starting for Leinster come the start of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

I believe he got an extension until October so would be playing - for somebody - during the world cup. Hopefully he gets a good ovation in the rds one last time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

With Reid and Te'o, O'Shea and probably McFadden available, there's no real need for D'arcy to soldier on.

Might be nice to be able to say "tomorrow is definitely Gordon's last game" and let people give him a proper send off but I don't think it will happen.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

dub_skav wrote: »
    I believe he got an extension until October so would be playing - for somebody - during the world cup. Hopefully he gets a good ovation in the rds one last time

I thought so too but then there were alot of rumours going around that the extension was only for the RWC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,786 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

McQuilkin is a class operator. also sound. liked his articles too.
    http://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/rugby-world-cup/2011/0915/284853-rwc_analysis_kurt_mcquilkin/
    Delighted with that appointment (2 years).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement