Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread VI: End of the MOC [Revenge of the STH]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭DelMcG

New jersey(s) launching on Tuesday, apparently

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

I will leave this here for anyone who needs a fix like me.

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭DelMcG

Isa may be a good looking guy to some. Whatever. But turning her down for a bloke ?

In fairness, you don't know what she looks like... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

DelMcG wrote: »

Oi! I said no to a holiday, nothing else. Cheeky beggars.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

molloyjh wrote: »
    Oi! I said no to a holiday, nothing else. Cheeky beggars.

Well I'm really looking forward to seeing Isa in blue again........but instead of a holiday??????? Nah!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Clearlier wrote: »
    Surely the point of the pre-season matches is to address things like this?
    Yeah, I'm not talking about pre-season.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

LEIN wrote: »

Aside from the obvious reasons, one of the reason I love rewatching that game is the camera work is sensational on it. They use the side rail cameras so much, the pace of the game just seems frantic, and you feel close to the action. If rugby games were action movies this it'd be up for an oscar.

I guess I'm not getting an early night in the end.

vienne86 wrote: »
    Well I'm really looking forward to seeing Isa in blue again........but instead of a holiday??????? Nah!

I'm not much of a holiday person. I'd as easily do a week or two at home doing nothing. If I was going away it would be to somewhere I really want to go, but the finances won't allow so we're stuck with a trip to somewhere cheap in Europe. Which in itself is limiting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭bunnyarmstrong

.ak wrote: »
    Aside from the obvious reasons, one of the reason I love rewatching that game is the camera work is sensational on it. They use the side rail cameras so much, the pace of the game just seems frantic, and you feel close to the action. If rugby games were action movies this it'd be up for an oscar.

I've rewatched it so many times, and I still can't believe we won.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭UnknownEntity

DelMcG wrote:
    New jersey(s) launching on Tuesday, apparently

Where did you hear that?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

haiyna wrote: »
    Where did you hear that?

Leinsters Supporter's Facebook page.. A reply to a question from a poster.. Belief that it is to be unveiled on Tuesday

To this day, I still think that was the drunkest I've ever been.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Clearlier

dregin wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm not talking about pre-season.

I suppose I was saying that I'd expect him to get rid of the rust and doubts in pre-season and be ready to go come the start of the actual competitive season. Maybe he won't be ready but I don't think that you can confidently say that before the pre-season matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

One day like this a year would see me right...

I don't know how people could get drunk there, no offence to any Welshies but there wasn't one bar in Cardiff that could deal with crowds. That's one advantage of our clichéd drinking culture... it's not that clichéd at all! A single barman here can serve a bar that's 4 deep without breaking a sweat. They know how to put on multiple drinks... I was amazed in every bar in Cardiff they would pour one pint at a time as they were ordered... Madness Ted. Think I ended up having 4 or 5 pints over the whole day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

I don't know how people could get drunk there, no offence to any Welshies but there wasn't one bar in Cardiff that could deal with crowds. That's one advantage of our clichéd drinking culture... it's not that clichéd at all! A single barman here can serve a bar that's 4 deep without breaking a sweat. They know how to put on multiple drinks... I was amazed in every bar in Cardiff they would pour one pint at a time as they were ordered... Madness Ted. Think I ended up having 4 or 5 pints over the whole day.

stella-artois-canned-33cl-24-pieces.jpg

• Administrators Posts: 53,449 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

dub_skav wrote: »
    stella-artois-canned-33cl-24-pieces.jpg

Dub_skav in cardiff with his mates:

chavs-350x350.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

DelMcG wrote: »
    I do. :P:pac:

Yeah the day itself was a bit of a pain in the hole from a drinking pov. Luckily I did all my drinking for the weekend the night before. As Sergio Parrisse can attest to, having been on the receiving end of pint spillage from yours truly. Not my best moment. It was insult to the Amlin result injury. :o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,597 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

I was gee eyed by the time I left the stadium. Me and a friend got 6 beers between us at half time to help us through the second half misery. Worked out well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

awec wrote: »
    Dub_skav in cardiff with his mates:

chavs-350x350.jpg

Could have been worse, we could have been drinking Harp

• Administrators Posts: 53,449 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

dub_skav wrote: »
    Could have been worse, we could have been drinking Harp

Is that not you with the three litres of White Lightning on the left?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

No surprise = Toulon at Aviva

Confirmed Pool 5 Fixtures, Rounds 1-4 (all KO times local)

Round 1

Leinster v Wasps - 15th November, RDS Arena, KO 13:00 (Broadcasters: BT Sport, beIN SPORTS)

Toulon v Bath - 15th November, TBC, KO 16:15 (Broadcasters: France Télévisions, BT Sport, beIN SPORT)

Round 2

Bath v Leinster - 21st November, Recreation Ground, KO 15:15 (Broadcasters: BT Sport, beIN SPORT)

Wasps v Toulon - 22nd November, Ricoh Arena, KO 17:15 (Broadcasters: BT Sport, beIN SPORT)

Round 3

Toulon v Leinster - 13th December, TBC, KO 16:15 (Broadcasters: France Télévisions, SKY Sports, beIN SPORTS)

Wasps v Bath - 13th December, Ricoh Arena, KO 17:15 (Broadcasters: BT Sport, beIN Sports)

Round 4

Bath v Wasps - 19th December, Recreation Ground, KO 15:15 (Broadcasters: BT Sport, beIN SPORTS)

Leinster v Toulon - 19th December, Aviva Stadium, KO 17:15 (Broadcasters: SKY Sports, beIN SPORTS)

So:

Wasps (h)
    Bath (a)
    Toulon (a)
    Toulon (h)
    Bath (h)
    Wasps (a)

We play Wasps at home on a Sunday, and Toulon away on a Sunday.

Doesn't bother me either way but makes it difficult for travelling fans.

Interesting that Sky are only showing our Toulon games... a sign of where we stand on the who-to-watch table.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,597 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

ffs. Why are Toulon games always on a Sunday. Wipes out my chance of going.

Podge_irl wrote: »

Sunday is the big day for their TV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Podge_irl wrote: »

They are the opposite of Ulster. They play on Sundays and they win tournaments.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement