Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread VI: End of the MOC [Revenge of the STH]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Ouch.

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Greyian

6 day turnaround between the Toulon games...fuck

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Greyian wrote: »
    6 day turnaround between the Toulon games...fuck

They are literally the worst team to end up playing 6 days apart, they can send an entirely different 23 out!

• Administrators Posts: 53,450 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

The good thing is there are no clashes with Ulster games on the same day. Glad Leinster v Toulon is a Saturday evening game, best chance for an atmosphere.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

.ak wrote: »
    Sunday is the big day for their TV.

I know the actual reason. I'm just trying to vent here ak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Greyian

They are literally the worst team to end up playing 6 days apart, they can send an entirely different 23 out!

At least we'll be able to just focus on the league after Christmas

Yeah but they won't. They won't make a raft of changes between games, unless they reckon they can do a typical away French style game against us in the Aviva.

• Administrators Posts: 53,450 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Yeah but they won't. They won't make a raft of changes between games, unless they reckon they can do a typical away French style game against us in the Aviva.

Yea but Leinster will be wrecked after spending the away game chasing shadows for 80 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

That's a double blow for me. 6 day turnaround between Toulon games and Wasps are away to Bath the same day we're at home to Toulon. I was hoping to head over to Bath for their game against Wasps to meet up with a few Wasps mates over there as the idea of heading to Coventry for a session isn't that appealing, to me or to them! I'll just have to do Bath in November so.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Chiocci, Guirado, Ma'afu, Taofifenua, Suta, Manoa, Armitage, Vermeulen;
    Tillous-Borde, Michalak, Tuisova, Nonu, Mermoz, Habana, Armitage

Menini, Orioli, Chilachava, POC, Lasalle, Gorgodze, Lobbe, Ollivon;
    Pelissie, Cooper, Mitchell, Giteau, Bastareaud, O'Connor, Halfpenny

You're welcome. ;)

• Advertisement

Tell me why?
    I don't like Sundays.
    Tell me why?
    I don't like Sundays.
    Tell me why?
    I don't like Sundays.
    I want to shoot
    The whole day down.

We play Wasps at home on a Sunday, and Toulon away on a Sunday.

Doesn't bother me either way but makes it difficult for travelling fans.

Yeah I've arranged with a few mates to go to the Toulon game this year but some of them may run into difficulty now in case we want to hang around after the game.

I can see the numbers dropping off a bit now unfortunately especially as people tend to have most of their holidays used up by December.

awec wrote: »
    Yea but Leinster will be wrecked after spending the away game chasing shadows for 80 minutes.

We'll do the double on them.

I'm gutted I can't stand in the Anglesea Terrace wearing a POC Toulon jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

That six day turnaround v Toulon is awful. The guys will be wrecked - won't get home from Toulon till all hours.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Surely they'd be limited by the European squad they've to declare?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Surely they'd be limited by the European squad they've to declare?

Well they can put out two completely different XVs anyways. Squad size is 38 but teams such as Leinster tend to have a large number of players (academy etc) who will never see the pitch. Toulon's squad would all be capable of playing Euro rugby.

I'm gutted I can't stand in the Anglesea Terrace wearing a POC Toulon jersey.

POC has agreed in his contract that he won't play anywhere on the Island of Ireland, nor within 1 kilometer of an Irish Embassy in any foreign country. He is also allowed to rule himself from play if any members of the opposing team are wearing any items manufactured in Munster.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Are Toulon home or away the week before they play us?

stephen_n wrote: »
    Are Toulon home or away the week before they play us?

Bby my calculations they are at home to Agen - handy one for them. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

vienne86 wrote: »
    Bby my calculations they are at home to Agen - handy one for them. :(

Still unlikely to field a weakened (relative term in their case) for a home game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

How difficult will it be to pick up Bath away tickets? Will they go on general sale?

POC has agreed in his contract that he won't play anywhere on the Island of Ireland, nor within 1 kilometer of an Irish Embassy in any foreign country. He is also allowed to rule himself from play if any members of the opposing team are wearing any items manufactured in Munster.

Ligind

How difficult will it be to pick up Bath away tickets? Will they go on general sale?

It'd be a nice away trip all right. I think the Rec holds 12K, which I think would give Leinster an allocation of 3K......should be plenty?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,445 ✭✭✭Heroditas

vienne86 wrote: »
    It'd be a nice away trip all right. I think the Rec holds 12K, which I think would give Leinster an allocation of 3K......should be plenty?

Think it's 10-15% for away fans so we won't get that many.
    However, you'll pick up a ticket handy enough. We don't seem to be traveling in as high numbers the last couple of seasons and coming so soon after the RWC, probe may be a bit light on funds.
    Certainly my favourite away trip though!

Isa has his first column in the Indo today. It's titled "The Day I Realised Ireland Could Win The World Cup". No building up to it, just getting it in there from the off!

New jerseys...

358667.jpg

358668.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Give us a twirl Molloy!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

The blue one with the white trim is nice!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

must have been pretty cold in there

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement