Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread 3 ***Updated Mod Note Post 1***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭Cake Man

People cribbing about where the best tickets are, jaysus I'd give my right arm to get a spot on the roof of Croker! :pac:
    Seriously though, IF (and its a very big if) we were to come through next Sunday, I'd be in a serious dilemma as to getting a flight home for an AI final and I'd say plenty of others living abroad would be the same! The funny thing is I'd happily pay €2k for flights and match ticket if it meant seeing us in another AI final!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Cake Man wrote: »
    People cribbing about where the best tickets are, jaysus I'd give my right arm to get a spot on the roof of Croker! :pac:
    Seriously though, IF (and its a very big if) we were to come through next Sunday, I'd be in a serious dilemma as to getting a flight home for an AI final and I'd say plenty of others living abroad would be the same! The funny thing is I'd happily pay €2k for flights and match ticket if it meant seeing us in another AI final!

Call me optimistic or crazy, but I'd get planning if I was you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭deiseach

Call me optimistic and crazy, but I'd get planning if I was you.

Fixed that for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭seananigans

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Yeah they better open the top not paying 41.50 to sit in the corner. Why doesn't the Hogan have concessions

If I got offered good Hogan stand tickets I'd take them feck the discount

For the 2011 semi final they didn't open the top and the Davin Stand was half empty so going by that they mite not open the top half but I expect demand to be much higher dis year

cusack sold out now, itme to play chicken either for returned tickets or the upper deck

http://www.the42.ie/noel-connors-waterford-2-2247384-Aug2015/

Good news for Waterford hurlers on the injury front before clash with Kilkenny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭hurler on de ditch

a week to go to what is probably thee most important match that Waterford has played in a very long time ,lets hope that we go out do ourselves proud but most importantly win the game ,i remember reading about the aftermath of the 2008 semi final win over Tipp,and later in the dressing room after the hype of winning the game ,a silence fell over the room and lads were flaked out ,not a word was spoken (cant for the life of me recall who wrote it )anyway ,he said that that emotion was akin to someone who had finally achieved their goal (All Ireland Final)but in truth they still had one game left to play ,now lessons learned and i suppose a lot of these lads have achieved a lot ,but there is a lot left to do ,starting on Sunday 9th,i was bitterly disappointed as i'm sure most were the way the Munster final went and how the game played out ,but faith has been restored after the Dublin game ,not because we won it but the way we won it ,played it very tight and worked like dogs to stay in touch with the dubs who are a very decent side and in the second half we just pushed forward that little bit more and got vital scores ,now i above most have been very critical of both this system and of management especially after last years woes ,but, and there is always a but,i am delighted to be going to Croker next week with genuine hope that we can beat KK especially if we play like the last day keep it tight and then go for it ,we have huge ability to score points from distance,Moran,Gleeson,Shanahan(what a man)and that's not even to mention his goal threat ,Dunford ,Dillon,etc, but we have a huge goal threat if we only give this forward line the support they need,their are very few lads there that would not be in with a good chance of making it in any team in the country ,we have arguably the finest young hurler in Gleeson and if you throw in De Burca ,Barron(if he can contribute to the scoreboard)Dillon ,coupled with that Moran ,who has seriously improved from last years displays ,and the BRICK ,Now KK have their own woes ,JJ,Henry,Tommy,Hogan,all gone along with the possibility of Fennelly,R Power,Tyrall all missing, it really is time we tested their convayer belt and see what's on it ,so lets keep it tight and then cut loose ,after all there is more than one way to skin a cat ,,,UP DE DEISE

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/derek-mcgrath-seeking-the-green-light-for-squad-number-policy-345804.html

Explanation for those that asked. Thought it was something to do with the new rules alright.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/derek-mcgrath-seeking-the-green-light-for-squad-number-policy-345804.html

Explanation for those that asked. Thought it was something to do with the new rules alright.

squad numbers were voted on last year, and fialed at congress, much like Soky forcing the nash rule into existence,we could allow for this.

it would also pave the way for named jerseys , a must in the helmeted age, i lose have the match going back to my programme finding who is wearing 9 (admittedly this is easier with players keeping their number this year)

squad numbers were voted on last year, and fialed at congress, much like Soky forcing the nash rule into existence,we could allow for this.

it would also pave the way for named jerseys , a must in the helmeted age, i lose have the match going back to my programme finding who is wearing 9 (admittedly this is easier with players keeping their number this year)

I find you can tell by the helmets and their physique after a few games but I guess the odd time you could get a couple confused. A lot of the team where black helmets so I suppose it would make it more identifiable although if you're in the stands every chance you won't see the name Id imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,826 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

a week to go to what is probably thee most important match that Waterford has played in a very long time ,lets hope that we go out do ourselves proud but most importantly win the game ,i remember reading about the aftermath of the 2008 semi final win over Tipp,and later in the dressing room after the hype of winning the game ,a silence fell over the room and lads were flaked out ,not a word was spoken (cant for the life of me recall who wrote it )anyway ,he said that that emotion was akin to someone who had finally achieved their goal (All Ireland Final)but in truth they still had one game left to play ,now lessons learned and i suppose a lot of these lads have achieved a lot ,but there is a lot left to do ,starting on Sunday 9th,i was bitterly disappointed as i'm sure most were the way the Munster final went and how the game played out ,but faith has been restored after the Dublin game ,not because we won it but the way we won it ,played it very tight and worked like dogs to stay in touch with the dubs who are a very decent side and in the second half we just pushed forward that little bit more and got vital scores ,now i above most have been very critical of both this system and of management especially after last years woes ,but, and there is always a but,i am delighted to be going to Croker next week with genuine hope that we can beat KK especially if we play like the last day keep it tight and then go for it ,we have huge ability to score points from distance,Moran,Gleeson,Shanahan(what a man)and that's not even to mention his goal threat ,Dunford ,Dillon,etc, but we have a huge goal threat if we only give this forward line the support they need,their are very few lads there that would not be in with a good chance of making it in any team in the country ,we have arguably the finest young hurler in Gleeson and if you throw in De Burca ,Barron(if he can contribute to the scoreboard)Dillon ,coupled with that Moran ,who has seriously improved from last years displays ,and the BRICK ,Now KK have their own woes ,JJ,Henry,Tommy,Hogan,all gone along with the possibility of Fennelly,R Power,Tyrall all missing, it really is time we tested their convayer belt and see what's on it ,so lets keep it tight and then cut loose ,after all there is more than one way to skin a cat ,,,UP DE DEISE

Part of me really wants to win this because of kilkenny people's attitue towards us. Maine, ignorant, arrogant people (not all just some of the ones I'd been in contact with). If there getting bet there supporters panic a bit. There already planning there final arrangements already
    cusack sold out now, itme to play chicken either for returned tickets or the upper deck

Really hope they open the upper stands. We're paying enough money so we should be allowed sit where we want

• Advertisement

What sort of attendance is to be expected?

What sort of attendance is to be expected?

15-20000 I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭savannahkat

Part of me really wants to win this because of kilkenny people's attitue towards us. Maine, ignorant, arrogant people (not all just some of the ones I'd been in contact with). If there getting bet there supporters panic a bit. There already planning there final arrangements already

We have won the right to be arrogant while your comments sir regarding ignorance are unfounded, ill mannered and the possible the single greatest display of what ignorance really is on this or any other thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 SkipFC

Not nice seeing Jason Ryan's team get hammered but I still think he would do a great job for Waterford, anyone know why he isn't involved with Waterford football?

15-20000 I'd say

You are minimum 10,000 short.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

You are minimum 10,000 short.

Closer to 50K I'd imagine...Waterford have a shot here

I'd say wat will at least start like they did againest tipp....if they give kk the room and time on the ball as the dubs the match will be over at half time

No point in having match over at half time....this is possibly the biggest match for Waterford since the all Ireland 08

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Road-Hog

SkipFC wrote: »
    Not nice seeing Jason Ryan's team get hammered but I still think he would do a great job for Waterford, anyone know why he isn't involved with Waterford football?

Too ambitious?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Punt Road

15-20000 I'd say

According to wikipedia attendance in 2011 was 31,634 when we prob travelled with little hope and some scars. I'd expects in the region of 45,000 this Sunday. Think Johnny neutral might fancy a look.

15-20000 I'd say

thats pessimistic by your standards, semis are routinely 40-45 cusack and hogan lower solddavin lower filling up i would estimate current sales at 32-35k since no shortage good few walkups and last minutes as well as hangers on like myself waiting for clubs to stop sitting on allocations ,and sections to be opened

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭skaface

Anyone know when the train tickets are going on sale for the match "specials"..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Mulbert

Extra trains are for sale online at the moment, going to Heuston only though.

Mulbert wrote: »
    Extra trains are for sale online at the moment, going to Heuston only though.

Yes, was looking at them but I think they're not available yet, no ?? (Sorry, only saw Heuston now, Connolly I am after!! )

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Mulbert

skaface wrote:
    Yes, was looking at them but I think they're not available yet, no ??

skaface wrote:
    Yes, was looking at them but I think they're not available yet, no ??

Bought them last night.

Mulbert wrote: »
    Bought them last night.

Thanks for heads up, wonder are they doing any to Connolly from Waterford??

http://www.irishrail.ie/fare-and-tickets/HurlingSemiFinal

Web Fares
    The following web fares will be available for those travelling to/from the match;
    From €15.99* Waterford each way
    From €12.99* Kilkenny each way
    From €19.99* Galway each way
    Additional Services
    10:00hrs Kilkenny - Dublin
    10:15hrs Waterford - Dublin
    18:15hrs Dublin - Waterford
    19:15hrs Dublin - Waterford

appears to be heuston only , luas across it is so, looking forward to seeing you all in the big smoke

Punt Road wrote: »
    According to wikipedia attendance in 2011 was 31,634 when we prob travelled with little hope and some scars. I'd expects in the region of 45,000 this Sunday. Think Johnny neutral might fancy a look.

i'd say a lot of neutral people now realise this team is the start of something special, I was talking to a kk friend of mine (I know i know, i i live in dublin what can you do) and he was saying they will hammer us, he may very well be right.

but i know that every lad will learn,and if, IF they fall short , each one of them will not be defeated but be fueled by itlearn from it, 2 weeks off then back to the gym, looking at where they were bested and making the weakest part of the game their strongest.

i imagine most of you have met tony b over the years, if you ever get a chance ask him about marking lefties,and what he did to overcome it, its a good story .

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Cornerstoner

i'd say a lot of neutral people now realise this team is the start of something special, I was talking to a kk friend of mine (I know i know, i i live in dublin what can you do) and he was saying they will hammer us, he may very well be right.

but i know that every lad will learn,and if, IF they fall short , each one of them will not be defeated but be fueled by itlearn from it, 2 weeks off then back to the gym, looking at where they were bested and making the weakest part of the game their strongest.

i imagine most of you have met tony b over the years, if you ever get a chance ask him about marking lefties,and what he did to overcome it, its a good story .

Please share that Tony story, sounds interesting

Please share that Tony story, sounds interesting

i feel i built it up too much essentialy ,whoever he was marking in cork at the time (im sure someone will tell me ) and clare and some other team, were all lefties ,and he was losing all his 50/50 highballs , as such he spent the best part of a season asking for lefties to mark him in A v B games until such a stage where he had the better of them .

lefties arent used to being marked well by righties and he had an edge is the point

apologies for spamming the forum this evening but 2 more things

http://www.gaa.ie/gaa-news-and-videos/daily-news/1/0108152011-cummins-wins-his-ninth-poc-fada-title/
    U-16 Hurling
    1. Shaun Murray (Waterford) – 25 pocs 59m wins u 16 poc fada (don't know which club)

My Club: Philip Mahony (Ballygunner)

http://www.gaa.ie/gaa-news-and-videos/daily-news/1/3007151057-my-club-philip-mahony-ballygunner/

• Advertisement

Cusack lower back on sale

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement