Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread 3 ***Updated Mod Note Post 1***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭HillFarmer

Watching from Sydney and can barely watch the tv with nerves!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,787 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Shane Bennett too slow getting onto the ball.

Dublin have this game if they want it. 2 points up being 1 point down at ht

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deise_2012

Not at the races today. Colin Dunford really needs to relax more on the ball. Aussie's not in the game much. Is Darragh Fives midfield with Jamie Barron?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Need to up the intensity to match Dublin, Aussie and D Fives not so much in the game. Ryan O Dwyer and Sutcliffe killing us, need to tighten up. All to play for second half but we need to improve. The wides could haunt us I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 739 ✭✭✭robopaddy2

Dublin have their homework done today. Noelie a big loss. Gonna take something big to pull this off today i think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

What actually happened to Connors?

Dead leg in a clash I think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deise_2012

JeffKenna wrote: »
    What actually happened to Connors?
    dead leg...they're nasty. Could be 2,3 weeks to recover from it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Deise Hurler

What a goal.
    Patrick Curran for Dunford needs to happen fast. Dunford with lots of wides again. Very frustrating. Goals are here if we really go for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,686 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Who's that commentating with Marty? Bugging the hell outa me...

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭seananigans

Liam Sheedy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Brendan Cummins

Well done lads, fantastic step up second half to drive on. Well taken goals, Maurice Shane Bennett and Brick were fantastic. Aussie came into it big time second half too, some sideline and two great catches.
    Onwards to KK and Croke Park now, nobody will give us a hope so we've nothing to lose!

Up the DÉISE!

Brendan cummins. No question of who he was shouting for anyway. Not waterford.

Fantastic win. But one question. Do we need to be acting the goat and fist pumping and roaring into opposition faces. maurice was roaring and hanging off rushe for the full 70 mins not surprised rushe decided to clobber him near the end id have done it a half hour before.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭HillFarmer

Well done to Waterford, I must admit after watching the first half I was leaning to a Dublin win and wasn't too confident.

Shane Bennet is a serious talent! Fair play to the Brick aswell won vital frees.

As we know the cats are a different level BUT no reason why we can't win that game. I'm sick of losing semi's through the years and I think this team will cause Kilkenny problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭wazzer1

robopaddy2 wrote: »

Fantastic win. But one question. Do we need to be acting the goat and fist pumping and roaring into opposition faces. maurice was roaring and hanging off rushe for the full 70 mins not surprised rushe decided to clobber him near the end id have done it a half hour before.

He wont get the chance in Croke Park in a few weeks, he'll be put on his hole the first time and that will be that.

so he gets an oppostion player sent off frustrates him and impedes his play,and thats a bad thing ?

so he gets an oppostion player sent off frustrates him and impedes his play,and thats a bad thing ?

Theres a difference between that and goading an opposing player when the game was won. Its lack of respect. Hed do well to remember the many bad days hes had himself. Thats all im saying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Deise Hurler

Theres a difference between that and goading an opposing player when the game was won. Its lack of respect. Hed do well to remember the many bad days hes had himself. Thats all im saying.

Agreed. Was not nice to see and no need for it. And all after Maurice gave a sublime performance. Leave your hurling do the talking in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Road-Hog

Agreed. Was not nice to see and no need for it. And all after Maurice gave a sublime performance. Leave your hurling do the talking in future.

Very unsporting and immature stuff to be doing. Was rushe engaging in it also ?? Hard to know from TV. As has been said already let the hurling do the talking rubbing it in verbally is OTT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Well done to ye today. Great bounce back from losing the Munster final and then to us (Clare) in the space of a few days.
    I was afraid that would go against ye coupled with a boost for Dublin following on their win over Limerick.
    At ht it looked like it would go down to the wire but credit to Waterford, really upped the intensity and work rate in the 2nd half and the Dubs had no answer.
    Fully deserved the win. Personally I hope ye learn some lessons from the loss to Tipp and I'm the semi final can balance the mixture of maximising the defensive system without limiting ye're attacking threat.

I really hope Waterford go for it (without being naive and getting blown away early) and not just go out with the aim of keeping the score down and a commendable loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,787 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

good win today could of done better could of gone worse. really thought we were gone at half time dublin really put it too us. didnt think Shane Bennett had a great first half but played well in the second.

the semi final vs kilkenny is going to be a very difficult one but its something nobody expected walking out of nowlan park last july after losing to wexford that we be back in Croke Park in 2015. Losing by 4/5 points to Kilkenny would be a good achievement.

Why cant you get a rebate on your tickets in the hogan stand ???.

roll on Sun 9th aug. This will be Tadgh De Burcas first ever game in Croke Park i think

I DO lol (i dont get all this slogan ****e on jerseys)

PTH2009 wrote: »
    good win today could of done better could of gone worse. really thought we were gone at half time dublin really put it too us. didnt think Shane Bennett had a great first half but played well in the second.

the semi final vs kilkenny is going to be a very difficult one but its something nobody expected walking out of nowlan park last july after losing to wexford that we be back in Croke Park in 2015. Losing by 4/5 points to Kilkenny would be a good achievement.

Why cant you get a rebate on your tickets in the hogan stand ???.

roll on Sun 9th aug. This will be Tadgh De Burcas first ever game in Croke Park i think

I DO lol (i dont get all this slogan ****e on jerseys)

you shutting your hole would be an achievement

theres an opportunity to crack KK , in championship, for the first time since 1959.

is it a big ask ? undoubtedly, but i expect to see us slam them with everything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Think Maurice was terrific today and for a lad that had a great deal of trouble last year it's great to see how good he has been this year. He can be as arrogant as he likes as long as he backs it up with a performance and doesn't go out to injure someone I'm ok with that. We don't know what's been said or what he's had to put up with. Seems harshly singled out, when you see stuff like the jab Pat Horgan threw in the other game as well. These lads aren't angels, they can't afford to be.

What Rushe did surely pretty arrogant aside from being absolutely deplorable too? And not the first time either. He's got a good reputation off the field but losing it on the field, and he had a few swipes earlier too though I wouldn't have been sending him off for those.

Brick was immense again today. He's just incredibly clever and has brought so much to the attack since moving up there. I know Michael Ryan tried it as well, but great credit to the management team for making the switch. Think Austin Gleeson has to stay wing forward. He was put in full forward for a bit in the first half and didn't see a ball. He's not a great defender to be honest, great fielder and probably would be good at sweeping but his tackling is exceptionally rash albeit the two today may have been the lesser of two evils.

But also deserves great credit for bringing us back into it second half. Shane Bennett was superb. Also delighted to see Daniels back and thought he did well enough and Fives too. Philip Mahony may well have been the pick of he defenders today, but in a serious shift. Barron was brilliant second half.

SOK was unlucky, on a dry day he saves that but it skidded off the hurley. Good win but we can't be as loose as the first half v Kilkenny. Expect we'll give it a good rattle though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭fed up sick and tired

It lacks class. Which is bad, if you didn't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Ropaire

What the hell was this "I do" stuff on the Dublin bibs about? Made no sense at all.

Happy out with today, put up a decent score and if we can start well against Kilkenny we have a chance of reaching the final.

As an aside, seeing Galway absolutely cane Cork makes me think Tipp might not have it so easy in the other semi final if Galway turn up on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

I thought Thinks Too Much would be on by now writing off Waterford for the next match.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭deisedude

STIG83 wrote: »
    I thought Thinks Too Much would be on by now writing off Waterford for the next match.

Can't wait to see his insightful posts on how 1-15 Cork are better than Waterford

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

deisedude wrote: »
    Can't wait to see his insightful posts on how 1-15 Cork are better than Waterford

How did Cork get on today?

I don't see why Waterford are getting written off already for the Semi, we have a good chance against them.

Headine I want to see on the Indo 10th August:
    Delightful Deise dethrone the Cats.

Wishful thinking but you never know....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement