Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread 3 ***Updated Mod Note Post 1***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deise_2012

You suspect that many of the players have lost faith?....... and what raises your suspicions to make you say this? I'm really curious to know.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 104 ✭✭ThaiTanic

Clare are even money with paddy powers this weekend, remortgage the house lads

• Registered Users Posts: 37,909 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

scenarios i can think off for us

We win and Cork lose than we finish 2nd (Limerick or Galway in the QF)

We win and Cork win than we finish 3rd (Limerick or Galway in the QF)

We draw, Cork lose and Kilkenny win than it goes to points diff for 2nd/3rd/4th place with Clare , Cork vs Dublin in the Rel playoff.

if we lose, Cork lose and Dublin win than its goes to point difference for 3rd/4th and 5th place

We lose, Cork win/lose/draw and Kilkenny win. 5th place for us and a relegation playoff vs Dublin

We lose, Cork win and Dublin win than we finish 4th as we have the h2h over dublin who will finish 5th (Wexford in the QF)

we lose and Kilkenny/dublin draw, it could 2 ways if cork were to win than it would be us in 4th as we have the 2h2 over Kilkenny or If Cork lose than its points difference between Us, Cork and Kilkenny for 3rd/4th and 5th

expecting too be playing Dublin in a relegation playoff tbh as i think it will be Tipp, Clare, Cork and Kilkenny in the top 4

Waterford Hurling Team to play Clare

1. Stephen O'Keeffe (Ballygunner)
    2. Shane Fives (Tourin)
    3. Barry Coughlan (Ballygunner)
    18. Shane McNulty (De La Salle)
    5. Tadhg de Burca (Clashmore / Kinsalebeg)
    6. Austin Gleeson (Mount Sion)
    7. Conor Gleeson (Fourmilewater)
    19. Stephen Daniels (De La Salle)
    9. Shane Bennett (Ballysaggart)
    10. Kevin Moran (De La Salle)
    11. Pauric Mahony (Ballygunner)
    12. Michael Walsh (Stradbally)
    13 Pa Curran (Dungarvan)
    14. Stephen Bennett (Ballysaggart)
    15. Brian O'Halloran (Clashmore/ Kinsalebeg)
    #upthedeiseboy #ilovesmecounty

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭chookieourlaw

Deise_2012 wrote: »
    You suspect that many of the players have lost faith?....... and what raises your suspicions to make you say this? I'm really curious to know.

Look, I just think their form in the league has been poor. Should've beaten KK by 7 or 8 but we're lucky in end to get over line. Tipp beat them easy. If the Cuala lads were playing and their free taker was on form, I suspect Dublin would've beaten them and an average Cork team embarrassed us. I don't doubt that McGrath has put his heart and soul into it, but just think he is going in the wrong direction is all. Im not coming on here calling him x,y and z like some on this forum. We'll have to wait and see till championship to get a true measure, but at the moment, to me, some of the players look frustrated and disillusioned with the 1-2 man ff line and Tadhg de Burca et al continually coming under immense pressure and being forced to hit long balls into a forward line when no one is there...Why continue to play so defensively after the disaster of Tipp last year. Surely If we mean to take Tipp on at their own game McGrath should have faith in his players and have them playing conventionally during the league to give them a fighting chance of getting out of sweeper mode. That same sweeper mode kicked in after 50 mins in both the KK championship game last year and the league game this year and look what happened...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deise_2012

Wait til June lads that's all I'm saying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

I assume Connors is injured?

Fives, Philip Mahony, Shanahan, Connors and Barron all out, poor form and away to Clare. Think they will be doing very well to get a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭DiscoStew

I assume Connors is injured?

Fives, Philip Mahony, Shanahan, Connors and Barron all out, poor form and away to Clare. Think they will be doing very well to get a result.

His uncle died suddenly last weekend I believe. Presume he wasn't considered for this game as a result.

http://dlvr.it/NjqXCf

Sounds like we're heading for 1B next year but all the attention is for June 18th

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Horseboxhead

jesus it was like Derek typed it , and Austin just repeated it, but i agree,after reading it, would not fancy us tomorrow, did not fancy us anyway, but that's torn it, come what may , we'll stick to the script, can't agree with that, winning would be a nice habit too , and we're not competing to win because .......Why exactly?, i get that you need not peak now till about July or August, but it would be nice to have a go, give a bit of a performence, even let the lesser lights have a go, something, but this yeah we're judging our run, bull**** , nah Dangerous game.

• Advertisement

jesus it was like Derek typed it , and Austin just repeated it, but i agree,after reading it, would not fancy us tomorrow, did not fancy us anyway, but that's torn it, come what may , we'll stick to the script, can't agree with that, winning would be a nice habit too , and we're not competing to win because .......Why exactly?, i get that you need not peak now till about July or August, but it would be nice to have a go, give a bit of a performence, even let the lesser lights have a go, something, but this yeah we're judging our run, bull**** , nah Dangerous game.

Cuala players are not back for Dublin vs Kilkenny but should be back for the relegation playoff vs us if were both there. Cant see us winning but would love it we gave a performance

our next game will sunday 02 April
    We have home advantage vs Dublin (relegation playoff), Wexford/Limerick (If in QF)

It will be a coin toss if were too play Kilkenny (relegation playoff), Galway (QF)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,507 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Footballers 5 pts each with Limerick at HT

KevIRL wrote: »
    Footballers 5 pts each with Limerick at HT

Limerick win 14 to 8

Best of luck to the lads today but expecting another below par defensive non attacking performance, hopefully I'm wrong

Great start

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

Nobody else finds it highly coincidental that club championship was scheduled for three weeks time for the first time in years this year? And we seem to be right on course to be out of the league by then....

Not going good overall for us

We need Dublin to win, cork in the lead ATM over Tipperary

2 pt game now come on

Free straight after 3pts now

Devine goal and Clare point straight after

1pt to us now

Drawn game it's looking like

Will not be enough

• Advertisement

Yesssss

Limerick next Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 6,176 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Anyone know the collective noun for a bunch of clowns??

The reaction and negativity here over the past few weeks has been some joke.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Drawn game it's looking like

Will not be enough

Jesus you're unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Best of luck to the lads today but expecting another below par defensive non attacking performance, hopefully I'm wrong

why are you the way that you are

Gavlor wrote: »
    Jesus you're unreal.

Thought it was a free in for Clare when coughlan got hurt

We finish 3rd so it's Galway In the QF coin toss for venue

Happy with the win

• Registered Users Posts: 13,322 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Deferred coverage of the match starting on TG4 now

Deferred coverage of the match starting on TG4 now

Wouldn't watch that puke hurling. Sure Clare have Tony Kelly and the lads back. We haven't a hope, we'll be playing Meath in div 2 in a couple of years time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭deiseach

KevIRL wrote: »
    Great start

Great finish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

Gavlor wrote: »
    Anyone know the collective noun for a bunch of clowns??

The reaction and negativity here over the past few weeks has been some joke.

It's crazy on here with some fellas. Fellas talking bout remortgaging the house to back Clare. It's the league anyone can beat anyone as cork have shown. Great league right down to last minute before final standings were known.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 cbwfd

ThaiTanic wrote: »
    Clare are even money with paddy powers this weekend, remortgage the house lads
    I take it you wont be having a large bottle tonight.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement