Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V PC

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

They do stock some new releases, along with about 15 different Sims games.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

dreamers75 wrote: »
    I have decided not to buy it as I realised I bought all the others on PC after owning them on console and never really played them. MP was fun on PS3 but was evetnaually not fun.

Just over 24 hours that lasted, preloading now.

I am weak.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

First Person mode + Mouse and Keyboard, that's all you need to keep telling yourself. I'm even looking forward to doing the story mode in First Person.

Yeah, i'm quite looking forward to that, though i might see if it's possible to switch to a the 360 pad for the driving (and possibly flying).

How does cover work in first person mode? Does it pan out when in cover, and zoom in when you aim?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

How much is it in Gamestop brick and mortal shops? I remember PC games in shop were always around 45eu mark. Looks like no good deals online for it at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I was glad they brought the 1st person to this because last time I played through GTA IV in it's entirety with the mod and loved it, would switch to the controller for driving sections too (still in 1st person) so I'll be doing the same for this since it's officially supported.

4 years since the announcement..........only 12 hours to go...........*drools*

Can't wait to use my Oculus on it at some point, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

My big question is can I use my sim rig for driving? I used to use both the keyboard/mouse and joypad in GTA IV, but I don't think I'd have the table space for keyboard/mouse plus wheel and pedals.

I won't really be able to find out straight away, my pedals are on the fritz and need to go back from repair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

ScumLord wrote: »
    My big question is can I use my sim rig for driving? I used to use both the keyboard/mouse and joypad in GTA IV, but I don't think I'd have the table space for keyboard/mouse plus wheel and pedals.

I won't really be able to find out straight away, my pedals are on the fritz and need to go back from repair.

I think you can: http://pastebin.com/gNy7tKGq
    Line 213 wrote:
    All control types can be used interchangeably. For instance you can use mouse and keyboard for on-foot, then switch to a Xbox 360 controller at any time without having to change any options.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Insta-switching between gamepad for vehicles and and KB/M for shooting is how I played Just Cause 2 so I assume it'd be viable for GTA V as long it supports the swithing in-game, too. I know some games require you to restart the game or change the setting in options but more modern games and even R*'s Max Payne 3 adjust on-the-fly. If you even touch the sticks of your gamepad the buttons on screen will change to gamepad buttons.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Well now I'm curious if I can use my HOTAS device for planes and helicopters... :D

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

According to my Steam......App 6 hours,

I may stay up......

4hrs 47 minutes.

I'll stay for a while, assuming it's working ok. Get a proper session tomorrow after work.
    dreamers75 wrote: »
    New nvidia driver

There's supposed to be a new ATI driver as well, though they only tweeted about it an hour ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,038 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Kiith wrote: »
    4hrs 47 minutes.

I'll stay for a while, assuming it's working ok. Get a proper session tomorrow after work.

There's supposed to be a new ATI driver as well, though they only tweeted about it an hour ago.

I was just about to complain about ATI and just read the above

For once they are on the ball. Anyone know when it will be released?

People are saying they are often quite slow with actual releases, and they don't actually expect to see it out today.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Kiith wrote: »
    People are saying they are often quite slow with actual releases, and they don't actually expect to see it out today.

Sometimes the release ends up being staggered but I wouldn't worry too much these days. The last time I recall problems was MW3 but nothing ever since.

I'd expect it live withing 20/30 mins of expected release time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

just checked the activity section on my steam, i think everyone on my friendslist got GTA V today :pac:

1 hour lads....like in case you didnt know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,038 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I have the egg timer going

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

i really should have preloaded earlier - 70kbps atm :/ and 9 days estimated finish time on a 100meg connection :D

edit: nvm - restarted steam it's flying in now at 10meg/ps

How to Fix Problems Installing or Playing GTAV PC On Windows User Accounts Containing Certain Characters
    In preparation for launch, we have come across an issue with Windows usernames containing certain characters. Below is a solution for anyone that may be affected by this issue. For any other technical issues with GTAV whatsoever, please head to https://support.rockstargames.com.

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/204772198-How-to-Fix-Problems-Installing-or-Playing-GTAV-PC-On-Windows-User-Accounts-Containing-Certain-Characters

How to Fix Problems Installing or Playing GTAV PC On Windows User Accounts Containing Certain Characters

Question: I am having problems installing or playing GTAV PC, and my Windows username includes characters that are not in the table at the bottom of this page. Issues include an error message saying “The Rockstar update service is unavailable (code 1)”, or the game hanging while trying to download the update. How can I fix this?

Answer: We have identified an issue where players with Windows usernames that include characters not found in the table at the bottom of this page will likely run into difficulties when attempting to download, install, or play GTAV. We are currently working on a fix for this issue.

If you don’t want to wait for a fix, you need to create a new Administrator User Account for your Windows system that only includes letters A to Z, a to z or numbers 0-9 from the basic roman alphabet. For a full list of supported characters, see the table at the bottom of this page. Please note that simply renaming your current User Account will not correct this issue. To create the account, follow these instructions from Microsoft’s website:
    Windows 8/8.1: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-8
    Windows 7: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-7
    Windows Vista: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-vista
    Supported Characters At Launch for Windows Usernames for GTAV PC

A a 0
    B b 1
    C c 2
    D d 3
    E e 4
    F f 5
    G g 6
    H h 7
    I i 8
    J j 9
    K k
    L l
    M m
    N n
    O o
    P p
    Q q
    R r
    S s
    T t
    U u
    V v
    W w
    X x
    Y y
    Z z

Uh oh

Thankfully it's your Windows account they are talking about. If it was your Rockstar ID, it would cause more issues (as most Windows usernames are pretty standard).

10 minutes...

Just downloaded a few more MBs.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Dammit the suspense is killing me. :pac:

1 minute...
    tumblr_m1z9dwx1HS1r5jtugo1_500.gif

Preparing to launch ;)

• Advertisement