Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V PC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 GeorgeSlate

I loveeee gta! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

Its 46 euro in Argos lads, stock seems to be coming in and going out on a semi regular basis.

http://www.checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=379%2F2982

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭KonFusion

Folks, should I get this from steam or elsewhere?

Asking in terms of download speeds and whatever is the least hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

KonFusion wrote: »
    Folks, should I get this from steam or elsewhere?

Asking in terms of download speeds and whatever is the least hassle.

Well its 60gb vs 7 dvds, depends on your broadband vs your disk swapping skills. I'll be installing my DVDs tonight so I'll let you know how painful it is and if needed some big patch afterwards anyway.

Does bring back fond memory's of Monkey Island 2 and its 11 disks. Hopefully one won't be dead !

• Registered Users Posts: 12,607 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Are there new cars compares to the vanilla xbox 360 version. I bought that when it came out and I am trying to work out if my memory is **** or if there are noticeably more varieties of vehicle.

Also, is there an electric car

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭jackoire

Had a quick go last night, runs smooth as butter. Tried online and everything runs fine. 21:9 works perfect and game looks pretty :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

errlloyd wrote: »
    Are there new cars compares to the vanilla xbox 360 version. I bought that when it came out and I am trying to work out if my memory is **** or if there are noticeably more varieties of vehicle.

Also, is there an electric car

Yea, there are more varieties of vehicle on screen for the PS4 and XBone on screen, can't see how the Master Race wouldn't have that too.

There's always been a selection of electric vehicles: http://gta.wikia.com/Category:Electric_vehicles

The Coil Voltic is the equivalent of a Tesla Roadster, it's fun spinning around with it and having a whirr rather than a roar of sports car engine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Picked this up in Argos. Only 2 in stock at the time.

7 DVD's :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 31 mgudim

does anyone know where I can download the 5GB patch, its painfully slow (37KB/sec)...

How is this 7 Discs thing coming as a surprise to anyone? :D It's a 60 GB game...

• Advertisement

Shiminay wrote: »
    How is this 7 Discs thing coming as a surprise to anyone? :D It's a 60 GB game...

Modern encryption, decompression algorithms and fcuking voodoo magic man :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,177 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

7 Discs ? christ lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

7 DVDs? Bloody hell. Companies are gonna have to start shipping mini-USB sticks with their games from now on. That's ridiculous.

Am sorely tempted for this. I have it on the PS3... but that's the PS3. My PC would probably love to have it. :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

7 dvds? I don't even have a dvd drive anymore :P

Kiith wrote: »
    7 dvds? I don't even have a dvd drive anymore :P

Better try and source a good deal on a bazillion floppy disks then mate :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,353 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

The PC only Editor being put to good use.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

GTA V has over 1 million sales on Steam alone according to steamspy.com

Gods below folks, if you can't download 60GB then get proper internets. If you can't get proper internets, either scream at your local politicians or move (which is what I did).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Shiminay wrote: »
    Gods below folks, if you can't download 60GB then get proper internets. If you can't get proper internets, either scream at your local politicians or move (which is what I did).
    Are you saying they should just...deal with it? :pac:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

If anyone out in the sticks is desperate, I can post my HDD around with the steam backup.

• Advertisement

Installed and downloading another 5GB :pac:

I wub my 200MB connection :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

I got a Rockstar key last Saturday and the launcher was causing me major issues, my maximum broadband is around 1 Mbps but I was only getting around 15-200 kbps. I tried a few torrents to get the files, gave up and went back to the launcher yesterday.

It's getting there slowly but surely, with a few interruptions that need to be manually re-started. As I'm at work, I set up Teamviewer on my phone so I could log in to my PC at home. That ended up burning through my monthly phone data allowance :rolleyes:.

Looks like I only have 5 GB to go, fingers crossed...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Said to myself I'd hold off buying this - Stupidly today I watched a bunch of vids on Utoob... Now I'm kicking myself for not pre-ordering for some easy starter cash.
    Guess I'll just have to hop online rek $hit for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,353 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Noxin wrote: »
    Said to myself I'd hold off buying this - Stupidly today I watched a bunch of vids on Utoob... Now I'm kicking myself for not pre-ordering for some easy starter cash.
    Guess I'll just have to hop online rek $hit for a while.

As someone who has not watched any videos, and has no idea how the cash system works - does multiplayer cash gains effect single player?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Nope, they are completely separate.

Gonna spend a few hours tonight just trying to get used to the first person camera. Might give the first Heist a go as well if anyone fancies joining me (lvl12 minimum i think).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Is there any major difference between ordering from Green Man or Steam? I was going to hold off until it was cheaper because I have finished it on PS3, but it looks so damn good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Just bought it, how long on average is it taking people to download from the Rockstar Servers ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭Julez

Is there any major difference between ordering from Green Man or Steam? I was going to hold off until it was cheaper because I have finished it on PS3, but it looks so damn good.

Green Mans version is unlocked using the Rockstar Social Club, steam uses steam (obviously). If you are buying on Greenman use SAVE22-OVERHO-LIDAYS to make it €46.80.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Korvanica wrote: »
    Just bought it, how long on average is it taking people to download from the Rockstar Servers ?

on a hundred meg line last night, about an hour and the unpacking and decryption took longer about 2.5 hours in total before i got to see anything ingame

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭Nollog

I had this last night.
    il82s7l.png

I hope it's fixed when I get home.

Advertisement