Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V PC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

hah, tried to buy it on steam and get an error that they cannot complete my purchase. Boooooo...urns!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

/\/ollog wrote: »
    I had this last night.
    il82s7l.png

I hope it's fixed when I get home.

I had it too, I just relaunched a few times and it worked. No such issues playing this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

This just proves how bad my internet is. When I enter a race the countdown 3-2-1-go, all the other players leave on 3. I'm stuck till go and they are miles ahead of me. Sometimes i would catch up and crash into a invisible player as the car would just appear in front of me at last second. Is this happening anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Does Join Game workin Steam?

never mind. Purchase just went through.

Now just to wait for that itty bitty download - eta 2 hours.
    pfqbi.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Join Game works and my Ps3 Character trasnfered over :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Squaredude

Rockstar comped me $3 million for losing my vehicles when I transferred my character. All I wanted was my Adder back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭omerin

omerin wrote: »
    d/l'ing this through Social Club and it really is poor, sometimes lower then 100kb, sometimes it loses connection with the server! Top speed so far after 32gb is around 3mb on a 240mb connection

Just downloaded the updates and it tells me there is an error and to try again. Hope this isn't region locked, anyone buy it from Brazil and got it to work? Have to d/l the updates again ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

VR hack is in progress.

Think there is a stream on tonight of someone attempting to play it using new vorpx injectors.

I'd say in a months time it will be ripe :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭Julez

Just downloaded the updates and it tells me there is an error and to try again. Hope this isn't region locked, anyone buy it from Brazil and got it to work? Have to d/l the updates again ffs

I got mine on Nuuvem and it seems to be working fine btw

• Advertisement

Downloaded and installed. Total time: 1hr 10 min. Not at all bad :)

Steam ftw!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Just played the up to the second mission. Man this game looks good. Watchdogs ain't a patch on it.

Getting the Code 1 error again after creating a new Windows account, having said that the account I had originally used was created using my initials.
    I thought it would be difficult to f**k a game up as much as Dice, but these f**kers are doing a good job so far. What bunch of chimps can't get a fundamental part of the installation right, its not like they rushed the game out. Absolute gob****es

Jesus driving is very different. Trying to control the camera while driving will take some getting used to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

It seems lot of people have having awful problems even starting the game,

double click on the icon in Steam, and Nada, nothing, zip.

So much for the smooth launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

It seems lot of people have having awful problems even starting the game,

double click on the icon in Steam, and Nada, nothing, zip.

So much for the smooth launch.

Non-steam install here but you do need to make sure the social club launcher is set to run as admin.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Oh the irony! I've a dodgy internet connection so decided to get a physical copy only to find I've to download a 5gb day one patch that according to the downloader is going to take 19 hours. Awesome stuff.

Anyone else stutter in the menu / map?

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭CrazyFish

Getting the Code 1 error again after creating a new Windows account, having said that the account I had originally used was created using my initials.
    I thought it would be difficult to f**k a game up as much as Dice, but these f**kers are doing a good job so far. What bunch of chimps can't get a fundamental part of the installation right, its not like they rushed the game out. Absolute gob****es

Hi I was having the exact same problems and did the exact steps. Manage to fix it by right clicking the downloader launch icon and run it as administrator

CrazyFish wrote: »
    Hi I was having the exact same problems and did the exact steps. Manage to fix it by right clicking the downloader launch icon and run it as administrator

Tried that too, but same error is appearing

Yeah works, my mistake

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

How much storage space is needed to install this via Steam? It is 65gb or 120gb?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

humanji wrote: »
    Oh the irony! I've a dodgy internet connection so decided to get a physical copy only to find I've to download a 5gb day one patch that according to the downloader is going to take 19 hours. Awesome stuff.

Take it from me no matter what your internet connection is it doesn't matter. Rockstar download speeds are an absolute disgrace. Starts as fast as it should then disintegrates until it loses the connection. I'm currently trying a pause/resume strategy. Truly pathetic for such a major release.

Out curiosity, what cards are people using? I am using a GTX 580 and only getting constant 30 fps. I honestly thought that card would get 60 fps as I am on 1080 p gaming. Maybe I done something wrong in settings. I used the geforce experience to set the optimal settings. I can get 60 fps in Battlefield 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,038 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Im using a Sapphire R9 290X Vapor X 8GB

Everything maxed on 1080p baby and soon to be 3440x1440

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Sonics2k wrote: »
    How much storage space is needed to install this via Steam? It is 65gb or 120gb?

120Gb

Headshot wrote: »
    Im using a Sapphire R9 290X Vapor X 8GB

Everything maxed on 1080p baby and soon to be 3440x1440

I forgot to ask what fps are you getting?

I'd say your getting 60 as that's a decent card.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Ponster wrote: »
    120Gb

Sweet merciful donkey bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,038 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I forgot to ask what fps are you getting?

I'd say your getting 60 as that's a decent card.

Im on Vsync and its pretty much 60 all day long except driving some times

You also have to factor i have everything on in the advance settings too

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

mewso wrote: »
    Take it from me no matter what your internet connection is it doesn't matter. Rockstar download speeds are an absolute disgrace. Starts as fast as it should then disintegrates until it loses the connection. I'm currently trying a pause/resume strategy. Truly pathetic for such a major release.
    Yeah, I'm giving up. I'll try at the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭Nollog

i forced social club to run, and as an administrator too, and all I get is an error that rockstar social club is down and i should retry, which does the white window thing again.

Advertisement