Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

E-evo

Options

Comments

peposhi wrote: »
    SOH done. Only 2 stars for fast charging... did not think I have done soo many...hmmm. Could not get details as the car was taken and dropped back by someone, not a mechanic. I thought the report would be a lot more in detail, not just stars.

Well it is a bit more than just stars, it gives you a description if I remember correctly.

Have you got Leafspy ? a screen shot would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

I got the Leaf spy pro but bought the wrong wifi yoke back in November. Never got back to the sellet to replace it and still sits in the drawer unusable. Will have to dig it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

nokia69 wrote: »
    true we won't get as good a deal on price, we never do

but I think the falling price of PV and batteries will kill the big utilities in the next ten years, they are a bit like land lines just before mobile phones came along

also I don't think you will be driving for free, the PV system will still need to be paid for, TANSTAAFL, well so far ;)

Firstly , PV systems really only work in Ireland as a feed in micro generator. Ie the grid in effect becomes a giant battery

Otherwise you need absolutely huge backup batteries and inverters , potentially you could have little PV generation in Ireland for days on end , especially in winter.

I don't think we'll see the end of " big utilities " any time soon , certainly not in my lifetime , nor ever in fact ( and I would question why you would want them gone anyway )

SOH done. Only 2 stars for fast charging... did not think I have done soo many...hmmm. Could not get details as the car was taken and dropped back by someone, not a mechanic. I thought the report would be a lot more in detail, not just stars.

Yup , same as me, the report is useless without quantative data

I'll setup my leafspypro over the weekend

• Advertisement

After seeing a red flash from the back of a white barely marked van I might be €80 and 3 points behind as from tomorrow... :(

After seeing a red flash from the back of a white barely marked van I might be €80 and 3 points behind as from tomorrow... :(

First world problems eh. Lol ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭cros13

Afraid that's not the 2016 i3... That's an advert BMW aired in Germany in January for the 2015.

BoatMad wrote: »
    First world problems eh. Lol ...

Absolutely!
    Back home I'd be spending time with the traffic corps on the side of the road refusing to pay a bribe and them treatening to get me to court or whatever if I don't pay...

cros13 wrote: »
    Afraid that's not the 2016 i3... That's an advert BMW aired in Germany in January for the 2015.

That's correct... Makes no difference to me - I still love the smooth unique design and wish I could get one for myself. My other (better) half can keep the Leaf :D

• Advertisement

I run into another first world problem.

The head unit front panel bottom part pops out each time I turn the car on. When I turn off the car it goes back to normal position.
    Forcing it back in place seems to be useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭oinkely

try the tilt/open button at the bottom of the unit. It adjusts the viewing angle, might be that someone pressed it and it is remembering the last setting?

oinkely wrote: »
    try the tilt/open button at the bottom of the unit. It adjusts the viewing angle, might be that someone pressed it and it is remembering the last setting?

:eek: ... So simple to fix... Press and hold the Tilt button. Three angles to chose from.

And I thought my little boy has twisted it or something as he has a great craic each time I leave him in the car...

Thank you oinkely.

nokia69 wrote: »
    true we won't get as good a deal on price, we never do

but I think the falling price of PV and batteries will kill the big utilities in the next ten years, they are a bit like land lines just before mobile phones came along

also I don't think you will be driving for free, the PV system will still need to be paid for, TANSTAAFL, well so far ;)

hmmm how will the 1000s of estate in dublin be powered, PV output in Ireland is very low in winter ??

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭oinkely

No problem.

oinkely wrote: »
    No problem.

Good that's sorted then

hmmm how will the 1000s of estate in dublin be powered, PV output in Ireland is very low in winter ??

PV is part of a larger grid mix. December is the worst month for PV here and the best month for Wind. They tend to compliment each other.

What we have at the moment is enough wind turbines to meet 50% of our peak demand at full tilt and no PV whatsoever. It makes sense to match the installed wind capacity with PV.

Then gradually add battery grid storage and more interconnection, initially for frequency support, but later to cover peak demand without spooling up the fossil burners... with the gas capacity we have now that's 80% of the grid decarbonised including a modest increase in demand.

The only hitch is that operating a fossil fuel plant is going to be become very very unprofitable long before we can dispense with them.

PV is part of a larger grid mix. December is the worst month for PV here and the best month for Wind. They tend to compliment each other.

What we have at the moment is enough wind turbines to meet 50% of our peak demand at full tilt and no PV whatsoever. It makes sense to match the installed wind capacity with PV.

Then gradually add battery grid storage and more interconnection, initially for frequency support, but later to cover peak demand without spooling up the fossil burners... with the gas capacity we have now that's 80% of the grid decarbonised including a modest increase in demand.

The only hitch is that operating a fossil fuel plant is going to be become very very unprofitable long before we can dispense with them.

I've yet to see studies on PV panel production in Ireland. I know that without FIT the microgen industry is nearly dead in Ireland as a result.

I've yet to see studies on PV panel production in Ireland. I know that without FIT the microgen industry is nearly dead in Ireland as a result.

Net billing would be better for microgen than a FIT.

With net billing typical installs would pay back in under 5 years for south facing roofs anywhere south of the M7 for the typical electricity customer.

The other big problem in Ireland is there are few installers, installing old panel stock, largely just for Part L stuff and the installs are costing double the UK per kW. I can buy 4kW of the latest LG panels, fixtures and fittings and one of the few 6kW inverters approved by the ESB from the UK for €3500... but the cheapest of the "installers" here want €6.5k for a bosch inverter three generations old (EoS in every other market) and 3kW of crappy chinese panels from 2012.

But the solar we need most is large scale commercial solar farms...and the lack of FIT is standing in the way of that. Go to southern england, solar panels in fields every 100 meters, with sheep grazing the grass beneath them. The UK has literally more than 3 orders of magnitude more solar PV than us.

TBH I'd probably just pay for a German company to install the whole PV setup and buy the panels in Germany.

There are too many cowboys in Ireland and I don't trust most of them, just in it to make a quick extortionate profit. Even if it cost me a bit more at least I know it would be done properly.

Solar PV works in Ireland, I remember reading an article in the Independent or Times in work and I meant to save it, it showed that there are applications for as much solar PV to be connected to the grid as Wind power and I can't remember the reason for it not happening, I think it was because there is no funding for anything other than wind ? but that's a lot of solar PV.

• Advertisement

Net billing would be better for microgen than a FIT.

sure but FIT in micron results in net billing as the house consumes more then PV produces

pure FIT is available in ireland, but you have to be a generator and feed into the TSO , Eirgrid rather the the DSO esb networks

sure but FIT in micron results in net billing as the house consumes more then PV produces

pure FIT is available in ireland, but you have to be a generator and feed into the TSO , Eirgrid rather the the DSO esb networks

Actually the FIT is not available for PV at any scale. REFIT specifies the technologies eligible and Solar PV is not among them. Anyone who builds a Solar PV park in Ireland only gets what they can negotiate in the supply contract, unlike wind and wave they have no guaranteed FIT whatsoever.
    That's why the UK developers haven't moved in here.

Actually the FIT is not available for PV at any scale. REFIT specifies the technologies eligible and Solar PV is not among them. Anyone who builds a Solar PV park in Ireland only gets what they can negotiate in the supply contract, unlike wind and wave they have no guaranteed FIT whatsoever.
    That's why the UK developers haven't moved in here.

sorry yes, I should have prefaced my remarks that FIT is not available for PV

As I could not stretch the fam budge to get an Ioniq I shopped arou Well I bit the bullet today and changed my 24kW SV Leaf with 46k km on it to a 30kW, 6.6kW SVE with 10.5k km on it.

Delighted with it so far!

As I could not stretch the fam budge to get an Ioniq I shopped around and had two final options...

And...

Weell...
    I bit the bullet today and changed my 24kW SV Leaf with 46k km on it to a 30kW, 6.6kW SVE with 10.5k km on it.

Delighted with it so far!

Excellent , best of luck with it ! :D

You'll love the 6.6 Kw charger and the ability to charge faster on DC. ;)

Excellent , best of luck with it ! :D

You'll love the 6.6 Kw charger and the ability to charge faster on DC. ;)

Thank you! Hope the car is good as it will be with us for a good few years. Bought it from a respectable dealer so it should be all fine.

As for the 6.6kW... the only mistake I made when purchasing my 24kW was not getting it there and then and listening to the Nissan dealer

I have a dashcamcorder with a rear view camera that I wish to install.
    Where would you wire the rear view camera? Where would you get the positive...

if it were I then I'd probably take a feed from the fusebox which I believe is the side of the glove box, perhaps install an inline fuse rated a bit above what the camera consumes. Chances are all the fuses will be a much higher rating so the in line fuse with a lower rating should blow first if something happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64,890 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Best of luck with it :)

Do you mind me asking what was the cost to change and what years are the cars?

Advertisement