Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

E-evo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

PM sent

unkel wrote: »
    Best of luck with it :)

Do you mind me asking what was the cost to change and what years are the cars?
    151 gone vs 161 in...

Hi, all

Can I modify this unit to work with 6.6kW onboard charger or I have to replace it with a different unit?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭cros13

peposhi wrote: »
    Hi, all

Can I modify this unit to work with 6.6kW onboard charger or I have to replace it with a different unit?

It will work fine, it'll will just max out at 3.6kW. You'll charge about 10% faster on that with a 6.6kW equipped Leaf as you'll be able to draw the full 16A not just 15A (which is where the 3.3 tops out).

cros13 wrote: »
    It will work fine, it'll will just max out at 3.6kW. You'll charge about 10% faster on that with a 6.6kW equipped Leaf as you'll be able to draw the full 16A not just 15A (which is where the 3.3 tops out).

Would I not be better off replacing it with a 32A unit?

• Advertisement

It can be handy, but it's up to you whether you think it's worth the money.

cros13 wrote: »
    It can be handy, but it's up to you whether you think it's worth the money.

I can get a discounted 32А for €300 so if I get to sell mine for around €200 it would be great.

Where can you get a 32 a for 300 ?

Does anyone know if you can get an 32 A EVSE with a 3 pin socket ? I'm thinking it would be handy for the power washer. :-)

Does anyone know if you can get an 32 A EVSE with a 3 pin socket ? I'm thinking it would be handy for the power washer. :-)

I get a €100 discount for the unit if I buy it from the dealer I got the car.

The Rolecs have an option:

https://www.yesss.co.uk/heating-ventilation-c5/ev-charging-c1694/charge-points-c1695/rolec-ev-multimode-32a-type-1-13a-domestic-socket-wallpod-evmm0020-p23241

• Advertisement

I'm getting the telematics replaced in Windsor Belgard next Thursday. Is there anything I should ensure it's done right?

Averaging 16.5kW/100km in the current weather - 208km GOM of a full charge this morning... if we manage 75% real life kms of that I would be quite a happy-chappy...

Today I left home with a full charge. Drove to Dublin and back to Junction 14 Mayfield. I drove a total of 170km and had 2% left when I connected the Leaf to an FCP. Had two colleagues in the car, used heating on the way up, none on the way back. Mostly motorway. VERY heavy headwind on the way back. Last 10km I drove with 85-90km/h as I had not gotten the feeling of the capabilities of the 30kW battery.
    Once connected, I got 47% charge within 17min. Barely had time to meet a couple of friends.

Overall... very good, positive experience and happy with the upgrade!
    (Oh, and the other half was over the moon the weekend gone having to cover 120km round trip at a decent speed with plenty of leccy spare in the thank... pheww... i am off the hook, again lol)

Averaging 16.5kW/100km in the current weather - 208km GOM of a full charge this morning... if we manage 75% real life kms of that I would be quite a happy-chappy...

Over how many Kms was that averaged ?

I got 15.1 in the Ionic over 207 Kms and roads were wet yesterday, I know right away that by the time I passed my work turn off I would have averaged 18.5-19.5 Kwh/100 Kms in the leaf but averaged 16.5 in the Ioniq , this was 100-110 with a few bursts of 120 so I was impressed.

What speeds were you doing to get that ?

Today I left home with a full charge. Drove to Dublin and back to Junction 14 Mayfield. I drove a total of 170km and had 2% left when I connected the Leaf to an FCP. Had two colleagues in the car, used heating on the way up, none on the way back. Mostly motorway. VERY heavy headwind on the way back. Last 10km I drove with 85-90km/h as I had not gotten the feeling of the capabilities of the 30kW battery.
    Once connected, I got 47% charge within 17min. Barely had time to meet a couple of friends.

Overall... very good, positive experience and happy with the upgrade!
    (Oh, and the other half was over the moon the weekend gone having to cover 120km round trip at a decent speed with plenty of leccy spare in the thank... pheww... i am off the hook, again lol)

Delighted you're happy with it ! :D

Nearly 1000km, Mar_Lad

Today's trip - starting at 100%, drove 146km motorway, very bad weather, speed 90-100km/h. Saved some leccy driving behind trucks. Arrived at J14 with 10% left. While feeding the baba and some fun at the play ground after that - had the car charged to 95% within 40min. Way! much better than the 24kW Leaf...

Indeed useful range upgrade and charging speed too ! :D

What was your efficiency for that trip. I would have put the Ioniq at 16.5 Kwh/100 kms in wind and wet judging by my trip yesterday but after 116 Kms was 15.3 Lwh/100 kms all 100-110 Kph and some stints at 120 . The roads Got dry from dublin to Wicklow Town which no doubt helped.

Be nice to get your efficiency data.

I put the Ioniq around 20% more efficient than the Leaf.

I have to say that I am really pleased with the SVE spec. Love the heated steering wheel, absolutely love the LED lights, quickly got used to the leather seats/that never really fancied). At first, Leaf in black would have not been my best pick, but with the SVE wheels it does look very nice and it is growing on me day by day

• Advertisement

Yes I like the SVE wheels a lot, I'm not a fan of silver alloys these days , they can look rather tacky.

I drive with the LED lights on all the time. I hate the yellow halogen so called daytime running lights when the LED lights probably use less energy and they look far better.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭highdef

Yes I like the SVE wheels a lot, I'm not a fan of silver alloys these days , they can look rather tacky.

I drive with the LED lights on all the time. I hate the yellow halogen so called daytime running lights when the LED lights probably use less energy and they look far better.
    Speaking of which, are the daytime running lamps and the fog lights the same thing?

highdef wrote: »
    Speaking of which, are the daytime running lamps and the fog lights the same thing?

Same lamp 2 different bulbs.

Having an issue getting the car registered ob Nissan Connect. Have to ring the support line...

This is what came with the LED pack i bought. Will fit them tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

This is what came with the LED pack i bought. Will fit them tomorrow.

Let us know how you get on. I bought the same one not arrived yet.

Phew...1.5h on the phone with Nissan UK to get the Nissan Connect going after the TCU replacement... all sorted now and it will be happy sailing :)

Got the reg lights fitted alright, then fitted the side lights and the fuse got blown. Tried to find the fuse but could not locate it, got frustrated, started raining meanwhile and had to leave it.

Could you tell/show me which one is the side light fuse in the X2 box beside the battery... Looked for an indicator that could give me an idea but could not figure it out.

Anyone?!?

• Advertisement

Led's need to be inserted by their correct polarity + - so have a few 10 amp spares because chances are the rear lights will not work without it.

Happened me because there's no way to tell, forgot all about it ! The fuse is a red 10 amp under the bonnet on the passenger side, at least that's where it was for the sidelights.

Advertisement