Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

E-evo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

Led's need to be inserted by their correct polarity + - so have a few 10 amp spares because chances are the rear lights will not work without it.

Happened me because there's no way to tell, forgot all about it ! The fuse is a red 10 amp under the bonnet on the passenger side, at least that's where it was for the sidelights.

Thank you, Mad_Lad. I tried to read the index under the lid but with no success.

Bloody rain... Finally got a chance to play around with the side lights and a bag of fuses. Once I located the faulty one, I tried again installing the LEDs. Blew up one more fuse but eventually replaced them. It is a pretty simple job, just once you know where to look for it's going like a breeze.

It looks REALLY nice, both tailgate lights and side lights.

Only DRLs left. Need a dry weather time to get the underbody cover removed to acces the lamps.

Here's a pic of my car on the day I bought it...

When leaving work last night I nearly went into the 151 LS Leaf that was charging at the FCP... It was actually my red precious up until a few weeks a go and the habit just kicked in LMFAO...

Does anyone know if all data connected with a Leaf service done in a Nissan garage goes in some kind of a main database where it is available for further inspection?
    My Leaf was serviced in January, so I was told, but having an issue getting the paperwork/data connected with it...

• Advertisement

Got my 30A Chargemaster today (Thank you, Stephen Welstead!). Time to get the electrician involved. I rang Nigel Day and he said the cable he put in first place will handle perfectly the new HCP.

I sold my 16A unit and got the 32A installed in the same day.
    The Chargemaster, being a totally different design, might require a little shelter/boxing... Do not feel comfortable with the rain pouring over it.

May be I was wrong to go for untethered unit when now I am getting it tethered... Waiting for a 5m cable ready for tethering and also ordered a 10m charging cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

peposhi wrote: »
    May be I was wrong to go for untethered unit when now I am getting it tethered... Waiting for a 5m cable ready for tethering and also ordered a 10m charging cable.

Didn't the car come with a cable?

It did, but it's 3m, fit for 6.6kw (and standard) onboard charger as opposed to my previous car's 5m long . The 10m is replacing it.
    The 3m long is going for sale to cover the cost of 5m tethered.

I'm confused.

If it's for home charging why don't you just use the 3m cable to plug in? Why do you need to change it for a 5m?

• Advertisement

I have a long driveway and an ICE to park, 2 when friends visit us.
    Up until now I was restricted - the ESB installer fitted the 16Ð unit right at the front of the house, near the fuse box so I had to always park in one spot leaving me tight.
    Now I have the 32A unit in the middle of the wall away from the fuse box and with 5m cable it would not matter if I have reversed in or drove in to park and also I could easily have 2 cars parked in front of me and still be able to reach the CP.

First world problems... you know...

What is the resistor size in the Chargemaster HCP?

Pic of a tethered unit:

And

Pic of an untethered unit:

Hoe many Ohms is the resistor?

I got an untethered 30A Chargemaster unit installed last Wednesday. Since the installation I have the following thing happening and I am trying to figure out why:

When I connect the cable to the HCP and the car socket /regardless which side is plugged first/, the HCP goes blank for about 5+ seconds, then comes back on, starts the charging with a click sound.
    Once the charge is complete and I start the car, there is a warning light on the dash saying that the charging session was interrupted. Once I turn off the car and turn it back on the warning light is gone.
    Car charges fully, no issues here.

Had no such experience anywhere else I have charged the car - previous tethered 16A unit, street SCP or FCP.

I wonder what could cause this?

Getting a 10m cable this week :) no more ice-ing worries!

Already felt the freedom of having a long charging cable.
    I was parked 3 slots away from the charger and still managed to get a charge... It was so cool not running around pissed off looking for a different charger :)

peposhi wrote: »
    Already felt the freedom of having a long charging cable.
    I was parked 3 slots away from the charger and still managed to get a charge... It was so cool not running around pissed off looking for a different charger :)

It's fantastic. Especially at the local cinema in Derry. There is a bit of kerb that I can park on without blocking the spaces and still reach the charger now.

PS the reason I don't block the spaces is because they're not marked so I can't blame people for filling them.

Already done more than 10k kms with the 30kw Leaf. Quite possibly this car will stay in the family for years fto come.
    6.6kw charger extremely useful.
    Got a set of wind deflectors and will put th on some day...

Yep the 6.6 is very convenient and I don't need to visit fast chargers much at all because of it.

How do you find it charging on DC compared to the 24 KWh ? It does have 7 more KWh so should probably take the same time which is nice.

• Advertisement

I find it much faster and it does not slow down once above 80%. Nowhere near the 26kWh I loaded in the test iOniq in 26min but still considerably quicker compared to my previous 24kWh version.

I cherish every bit of the extra freedom we got with the little bit bigger battery.
    I can only imagine driving an EV with 60kWh or more... that would be a complete game changer

Yeah the Ioniq is definitely brilliant on the fast charger. Makes a big difference.

I stopped into the Carlow Fast charger today for some free juice 30%-65 % just couldn't be bothered waiting any longer, at about 50% charge the power going tot he battery is 28-30 Kw 5 battery temp bars, it's too slow...... the Ioniq would be charging at 65-67 Kw at 50% and the 30 Kwh Leaf about 4w Kw.

I happened to be in Bratislava, Slovak Republic, for 5 days.
    There's a new Rent-a- Car business in the city centre that started only 2 months a go. They have 7 electric VW Ups. Rented one for 24 hours (€35 quid) only and I must say it was a great fun. It's a little cute showing basket I must say. Going into it felt like going into a normal ICE. Liked the way you select the regen level - by hitting the "gear" to the left or right to increase or decrease the revel. The aircon literally eats the mileage. Easy 15-20% based on the gom distance shown on the dash.
    Did not like the battery gauge - same as a fuel tank in an ICE. Much prefer the % of battery left shown.
    Drove it in the city and had a short trip on the motorway. I got the feeling it is very efficient until you turn on the aircon.
    In Bratislava there 4 CCS chargers. One of which is a private property of Up! City - the car rental company.
    The sales assistant, despite declaring he was in love with the EV concept, did not know Leaf as an EV model nor the size of the baterry in his cars. Service was dreadful and zero explanation on how the car works or etc. Thanks god I know a bit about chargers/CCS/cards/cables and got lucky that the i3 that was already on the charger moved in literally 10min so I was able to plug in.
    On the road I have seen 1 ioniq, 1 Tesla, 2 i3, 2 Kia Soul (both a taxi), 7 Up!s obviously and a big ZERO Leafs or Zoe... Well the eUp costs about €25k in Slovakia so could be no surprise there's only a few...

Some pics

Some pics

• Advertisement

Advertisement