Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

E-evo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

Went to the Museup of Transport too.
    Some pretty good stuff there including some prototypes - Scoda of course...

• Advertisement

Regardless how good or bad Nissan Coonect is, it's great to have it.
    Went away for 5 days and left the car parked at the Premium parking zone at Q-park Dub airport. Upon payment for the premium parking I was assured there's no problem to get my car charged.
    On the way back home I checked the state of charge at around 3.30am and it showed that it was still the same I had it left. I rang the Q-park lads and a fella on the phone said they don't charge the cars in general. I explained what I was told at the desk while leaving the car so he said he'd organise it.
    Few hours later, on arrival, I checked again - car fully charged. Happy days!!!

Looking at a neighbours car in the driveway, I've just realised how much I DO NOT miss f....g cats sitting on my bonnet on a cold day... Long live the EVs!

When we first bought a Leaf, we were the first in the area as far I could tell back then.
    I get to see a Leaf every other day now. So happy to see it’s getting popular

• Advertisement

OMG!

I WANT ONE!!!

leafnismo1.jpg

dims?crop=5000%2C2808%2C0%2C504&quality=85&format=jpg&resize=716%2C402&image_uri=http%3A%2F%2Fo.aolcdn.com%2Fhss%2Fstorage%2Fmidas%2F56a29b995d5a3809cfdb93d62f4f4365%2F205650369%2Fleafnismo2.jpg&client=a1acac3e1b3290917d92&signature=dcaef3a1b3d111e4166e8622817257c7728eaa27

That’s the color I want if I get it.

Just got clamped while charging near the National Museum of Ireland in Dublin... totally my fault - forgot I have to pay for parking. You get used to not paying when chargin at train stations, Cork, Waterford and the day you get to Dublin you pay for the lot all together lol

• Registered Users Posts: 64,775 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Charging at train stations around Dublin is usually free, but not Dublin city centre parking when charging. Crap that you got clamped though :(

What was meant to be home - dentist - home journey turned into a bit of a rally on the way back :)
    On the way to Dub I had 16.2kw/100km average consumption with heating and aircon full on. On the way back with no heating or aircon - 20.9kw. It was such a pleasure to zip past other cars with an ease. I can only imagine if I had a TMS or TMX... (probably would have ended in a ditch lol)
    The 6kw onboard charger was a huge help as I had the car back to 100% for the time it was parked.
    Had to wait nearly an hour to get the clamp removed which resulted having to come back quick to collect my son from crèche...
    The most interesting thing was that the clampers were like “sorry we clamped you while charging, but we had to follow the rules”. They obviously had previous experince with clamping EVs around the city and already knew there’s free parking while charging in the South, West and North of Ireland...

I am due to do the first 30k km service on the 161 Leaf in the next month or so.
    I’d expect €100-150 bill for the standard staff but also have to get them to adjust the rear brakes. When the car has been still and I reverse, you could hear a thump with each round the rear near side wheel does. Do I have to pay for labour and part for that to be fixed? It is very common for the Leafs as far as I know and the car is under warranty. Am I right not to expect to pay extra?

• Registered Users Posts: 64,775 ✭✭✭✭unkel

You're right. I wouldn't expect to pay for that. Standard fixed service bill (I think others were saying €99 or €129 incl pollen filter which only should need doing every 2 or 3 years?)

I rang the other day the Portlaoise garage and they said there’s no need to panic over the brakes issue and they will fix it during the service they ought to do. No mention of costs. For the 151 Leaf I paid €125, pollen filter included, in Barlo Kilkenny

Got the car serviced in Nissan Naas. At 30k km. €130 pollen filter included. I was advised to keep an eye on the near side tires as both had uneven wear 4out/5centre/4in In mm

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

peposhi wrote: »
    Got the car serviced in Nissan Naas. At 30k km. €130 pollen filter included. I was advised to keep an eye on the near side tires as both had uneven wear 4out/5centre/4in In mm

Are they not supposed to rotate them as part of the service?

• Advertisement

66k km between the two Leafs so far.
    Such a pleasure driving it. Since I moved to the 30kw SVE spec I enjoy every bit of it even more. Went to the new Leaf presentation and my OH clearly said to forget about giving up our current Leaf. The exact words - I get the Leaf, you get whatever you want :)
    I guess I have a Quarte Blanche :)

Soarer wrote: »
    Are they not supposed to rotate them as part of the service?

They were but they did not. Got a quote for Michelin tires at €92 each which is not bad at all having in mind the size of the wheel.

So... another long trip attempt.
    Left home for Swinford with 100%. Arrived with 50% at Athlone FCP to find one white 152 Leaf abandoned at the right parking slot and another Leaf charging on the left side. Sound chap, said 15-20mins and will finish, had no clue about the abandoned one. The SCP was out of order, of course not shown on the map (surprise, suprise). Got some KFC and charged up to 87% thinking it would enough to get me to the final destination. Phew!!! That was a near miss!!! With Zero degrees outside, Zero FCPs on the way and only up-hill past Athlone, heating on, the OH and Bubba in the car I was sweating 😅! Arrived at the B&B with 1% in the tank... Quite ennerving experience. Not that I have not done it before (not in an ICE) but is quite different when you’re on your own and when you are with the beloved ones...
    Used the granny cable (thank you Phil Fitzgerald if you are reading this!) overnight and managed to get 80% in by the next morning, which is expected in a 30kwh Leaf. Travelled to Claremorris. Took 30% of the battery to get there. Again the temps where subzero. Did not really need to charge but decided to check what’s available as I had a full day spare while waiting for the OH to do her business. The only option I had was the .... can’t remember the name ... Hotel. When I asked at the reception about their procedure regarding non-customer charging, they said that the charger would have been used a couple of times since it has been installed and did not have a clue how it works. It was a trial and error for me. Have never used one of these eCars Ducati SCPs. Eventually after 3 trials I got it going. Charged up for about hour and a half and at least bubba was sleeping so I did get some rest myself.Back to the B&B and took the proprietor for a spin. He’s got a a 161 530M beemer but was quite interested in how EVs work. 😂 haha, that was fun. Could not believe how quick the Leaf takes off. I told him to go and test the i3 and that he’d be blown away by the torque and speed. He may not buy an EV, but at least I left a big scar on his ICE ego hahaha. Going back home today. Car should be fully charged by now. Would have to top up once we get in Claremorris as anything below 87% would have me worried. Now, going downhill afterwards might help but I’d be grateful if I have enough to get to Kilbegan’s FCP should the Athlone is ICEd or FCUKed.
    Isn’t funny how many post you read everyday on the F-book pages asking for a confirmation if such & such charger is really working or not. The charging infrastructure has gone downhill big time. Hopefully we will see the start of the charging to use soon enough so at least we can hold ESB accountable for the service they provide.

I would have loved to have and REX for this trip, but hey - life is good! More than 66k driven on leccy... it shuts many people’s mouth when they complain that EVs are ****e or not good enough (and when I mention the cost of maintenance, fuel and Last but not least the Notorious Road Tax, there are plenty of surprised looks (some are pure jealousity lol)...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭thierry14

it shuts many people’s mouth when they complain that EVs are ****e or not good enough

Nice write up

Lucky, phew, Zero degrees, freezing, subzero, baby in the car, 1% battery, broken chargers, ****, hills, granny cable.

I'd rather get the bus with wifi, never mind Ice/wait for Tesla/proper EV

thierry14 wrote: »
    Nice write up

Lucky, phew, Zero degrees, freezing, subzero, baby in the car, 1% battery, broken chargers, ****, hills, granny cable.

I'd rather get the bus with wifi, never mind Ice/wait for Tesla/proper EV

“ Bertha Benz (née Ringer, 3 May 1849 – 5 May 1944) was a German automotive pioneer. She was the wife and business partner of automobile inventor Karl Benz. In 1888, she was the first person to drive an automobile over a long distance.[1] In doing so, she brought the Benz Patent-Motorwagen worldwide attention and got the company its first sales.“

She did 60km (on her first ever long drive!!!) alone, with no petrol stations, no maintenance, practically no “brakes” the way we know them...
    so before a technology gets adopted by the mass, surely someone gets stuck-in and do the hard work of a pioneer :):)
    Not that I feel like one lol, but certainly have more obstacles to deal with than the ones who decide to go the EV route after me.

Perhaps, the fact I share my experience is very helpful, as it gives you a great opportunity to look at the pros and cons so you decide whether EV is good or not for you, at least not for this time :)

Btw, I enjoy reading your posts on boards as it clearly defines a different angle to look at the present and future. I would not not buy a Fabia, though. Even if it has 250bhp. I love the look and car as a whole, but I’d stick with the EV :):)

Perhaps, the fact I share my experience is very helpful, as it gives you a great opportunity to look at the pros and cons so you decide whether EV is good or not for you, at least not for this time :)

Your mini blog here is good, enjoyable reading, been reading since the start

EV's are good enough, just too expensive for me the ones that are.

Leaf itself is nearly there

150bhp/40kWh 2018 is very close to what would be perfect for me, when it gets to 200bhp/60kWh in 2019 edition I will might get that one over the Model 3.

Tesla is nice and all, but Nissan know how to make reliable cars, Tesla could be riddled with little problems

Your mini blog here is good, enjoyable reading, been reading since the start

EV's are good enough, just too expensive for me the ones that are.

Leaf itself is nearly there

150bhp/40kWh 2018 is very close to what would be perfect for me, when it gets to 200bhp/60kWh in 2019 edition I will might get that one over the Model 3.

Tesla is nice and all, but Nissan know how to make reliable cars, Tesla could be riddled with little problems

I am possibly be the only one here who does not want a Tesla. Neither the Model S, nor the X since I seen them in flesh. Don’t get me wrong - lovely cars, but not for my lifestyle or needs. Even if I could afford to buy one I would still look elsewhere. I’d love to go for a Nismo Leaf for example. What I love about Tesla is the concept, the fact they turned the f’ing auto industry up-side down, the vision and the guts to do so.
    I highly recommend you to watch on YouTube Tony Seba’s presentation on “Clean Disruption” https://youtu.be/4hoB7HN4B0k

The future will be here sooner than you think. Unless the Big Oil cause some serious harm.. eg start a war or something... they can, the money are still in their hands

I am possibly be the only one here who does not want a Tesla. Neither the Model S, nor the X since I seen them in flesh. Don’t get me wrong - lovely cars, but not for my lifestyle or needs. Even if I could afford to buy one I would still look elsewhere. I’d love to go for a Nismo Leaf for example. What I love about Tesla is the concept, the fact they turned the f’ing auto industry up-side down, the vision and the guts to do so.
    I highly recommend you to watch on YouTube Tony Seba’s presentation on “Clean Disruption” https://youtu.be/4hoB7HN4B0k

The future will be here sooner than you think. Unless the Big Oil cause some serious harm.. eg start a war or something... they can, the money are still in their hands

Thing is I dont even care what powers the car of the future be it oil, hydrogen, electric, nuclear, whatever they think of :)

I just want the electric drive train,which is way superior to combustion engine

I have only driven the Leaf and even with only 100bhp, its a great drive, instant power, brilliant, bit dead past 80kph but new one should fix that

Higher powered EV's like Tesla's must be amazing to drive.

I don't do much mileage so big savings are not there for me

Something like Nissan E-Power would do me even.

https://newsroom.nissan-europe.com/eu/en-gb/media/pressreleases/426159938/nissan-introduces-new-electric-motor-drivetrain-e-power

Well, I have to say that for me the scariest part about Tesla is not that they break down or need a service, it’s the lack of service centres and cost of repairs. For a car that costs a third of an average house, repairs could turn out to be a monthly wage or 6 months wages :)

• Advertisement

Thing is I dont even care what powers the car of the future be it oil, hydrogen, electric, nuclear, whatever they think of :)

I just want the electric drive train,which is way superior to combustion engine

I have only driven the Leaf and even with only 100bhp, its a great drive, instant power, brilliant, bit dead past 80kph but new one should fix that

Higher powered EV's like Tesla's must be amazing to drive.

I don't do much mileage so big savings are not there for me

Something like Nissan E-Power would do me even.

https://newsroom.nissan-europe.com/eu/en-gb/media/pressreleases/426159938/nissan-introduces-new-electric-motor-drivetrain-e-power
    We must persuade Mad_ Lad to lend you his Beemer for day ;)

Advertisement