Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Robsweezie wrote: »
    Stepping in dogsh1t barefoot:-)

As Mr Goose would say, a great name for a heavy metal band:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Youtube being blocked :(

...and the general sense that my computer has been interfered with in some way...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Ass wipes trying to read MY newspaper before I do.....I am weird like that, I buy it so I get to read it first!! Once I have read it, you can have and keep it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

Omackeral wrote: »
    People are absolute pigs when it comes to cleaning up their own crap at the cinema. They just get up out of their seat and leave a rubbish pile behind them. There's bins at on the way out, just walk the couple of metres to it and dispose of your thrash. This entitlement of getting someone else to do it is just lazy and bratty. Just do it yourself ya dirtbag!

I used to work in UCI years ago and in order to clean the cinemas we turned on these giant lights that put the cinema into total brightness. If customers ever saw the state of the place in that total light they'd never go back to a cinema again!! Shocking stuff.

Then, when finished cleaning, we'd turn the lights off again and the place would look grand :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

The computer acting the **** when the disc space is too full, it always disables YouTube saying it needs adobe reader, and stops boards notifications appearing as red numbers along with the pop up menus too. I try uninstalling things to make space yet its never enough :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

The computer acting the **** when the disc space is too full,

Disc space full? Jaysus, what is this 2007? Everyone had 4TB of storage nowadays :pac:

I'm very annoyed at the fact the KitKat chunky is now the main KitKat where I work.... FCUK RIGHT OFF WITH THAT, the old one is far superior.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

The computer acting the **** when the disc space is too full, it always disables YouTube saying it needs adobe reader, and stops boards notifications appearing as red numbers along with the pop up menus too. I try uninstalling things to make space yet its never enough :-(

Try this Rob and see does it help -

https://get2.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Sounds like you might just be missing the flash component in your browser, and this should free up some hard drive space -

https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭MajorMax

Soccer, I hate soccer, bloody women's sport. Listening to the muppets in work going on about the snoozefest that happened over the weekend

"OOOh you did well didn't you?"
    "Yeah we were lucky"

Really? What position do you play in? What part of Liverpool/Manchester/London do you come from?

What's worse is when you meet someone who doesn't know you hate soccer, you tell them and they still try to bend your ear about how their team did. I DON'T CARE F*** OFF!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

When you go into Tesco and they have placards at the entrance advertising the new nachos pringles yet don't have any in stock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

fiachr_a wrote: »
    When you go into Tesco and they have placards at the entrance advertising the new nachos pringles yet don't have any in stock.

You're not missing much, I tried the chilli flavour and they're a bit meh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I've seen those tortilla Pringles, but haven't tried them.
    I imagine they'll be hard-ish in texture or a bit like those best-forgotten-Rice Pringles.

fussyonion wrote: »
    I've seen those tortilla Pringles, but haven't tried them.
    I imagine they'll be hard-ish in texture or a bit like those best-forgotten-Rice Pringles.

They have a kind of dry texture. I'd forgotten about Rice Pringles. These might very well disappear after Summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

People who get on the bus and wait til they get to the driver to start looking for coins hoping the driver will wave them on - they're usually tourists.

Oh and people who wear back-packs indoors or on trains/buses or in pubs......they should be shot with pellets of their own sh*te.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

MajorMax wrote: »
    Soccer, I hate soccer, bloody women's sport. Listening to the muppets in work going on about the snoozefest that happened over the weekend

"OOOh you did well didn't you?"
    "Yeah we were lucky"

Really? What position do you play in? What part of Liverpool/Manchester/London do you come from?

What's worse is when you meet someone who doesn't know you hate soccer, you tell them and they still try to bend your ear about how their team did. I DON'T CARE F*** OFF!

Cheer up love, it might never happen.

Both women and men play soccer by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭pavb2

Probably been mentioned before but people pushing trolleys around supermarkets and eating or drinking produce before they get to the till I mean it's theft isn't it.

Crisps are the most popular choice but yesterday I saw a guy ambling round drinking out of a 0.5 l cardboard milk carton. I wonder how many actually pay when they get to the till.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

People over exaggerating the importance of their jobs, I work with people who refuse to take a lunch because they ''so busy with tasks'' if your costantly having to miss lunch you ain't doing the job right and stop talking to me about it, you;d swear they were saving the planet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Sore throats :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Eircom's ad for Broadband with unlimited dayta. WTF is dayta?? Should it not be data?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Eircom's ad for Broadband with unlimited dayta. WTF is dayta?? Should it not be data?

Controvershall... :pac:

I'm not sure now tbh, I pretty much use them interchangeably, referring to statistical dayta or data analysis software; an ISP's dayta allowance would indicate there's a limit on the amount of data a person can download...

Be up all night now saying that to myself, "data, dayta"... I think the first one is British English, and the second is US English is the difference in pronunciation, wouldn't quote me on it though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

In British English Data is pronounced 'Dayta' where as in US English, data is pronounced Daata.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,872 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

LordSutch wrote: »
    In British English Data is pronounced 'Dayta' where as in US English, data is pronounced Daata.

I think you have that backwards :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Quazzie wrote: »
    I think you have that backwards :confused:

I'm thinking of Captain Jean Luc Picard in that English accent of his.

Can't imagine Daa'ta in an English accent.

People here in Ireland seem to say Daa'ta instead of Day'ta.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

Samsgirl wrote: »
    And what's the deal with people calling those shiny metal pipes that dispense running water "taps?"

Your beef here is with the Oxford English dictionary, not Eircom.

I had bronchitis last week and I'm still coughing, even though I've finished my antibiotics. I hate itchy burning coughs and it's frustrating when I lay down that I start coughing. I'm tired, so tired. Tempted to go back to my GP but I think he'd probably say it'll just take time to settle down.

I'm annoyed by the sudden change in terms and conditions of Dunnes vouchers. Up until a week or so ago when I spent over 50 euro I could use the 20 euros off vouchers that we had, then they changed it so you can't use both unless you spend over 100 euro. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Annoyed that my Vodafone home broadband has gone from €40 pm to €45 pm!

Did they even tell me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

If you fix the printer in work and maybe fix a few other things then you become the IT god

Yesterday morning I had a teammate expecting me to crawl under their desk to connect the loose power cable to their monitor

FML

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Going to see McBusted tonight and I'm so excited but of course I have a cold :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

mikemac1 wrote: »
    If you fix the printer in work and maybe fix a few other things then you become the IT god

Yesterday morning I had a teammate expecting me to crawl under their desk to connect the loose power cable to their monitor

FML

yep, welcome to my world, I get asked to fix everything!! From Printer/fax to fixing the height/back on the chair or the water cooler not working any minor probs, like pulling down the window blind!! don't even bother trying its to complicated?!?! just ask Messrs, they will do it for you - & you know what, like the fool I am I always do!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

mikemac1 wrote: »

FML
    Hope you told him to fook off!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement