Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    You're the one being all weird about your screen.... What are you looking at?:pac:

I'd say he is looking at selfies:D

I just saw a woman with the new mad looking eyebrows, you know the ones that look like they were put on with a big fat felt marker....she has an expression that make her look like she sat on a nail (or just came out of a nice hot lift:D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Collections in work.

Before I get castigated and sent to the Stingy thread, the sheer volume bugs me, but a specific one: girl in work has baby, collection for flowers. Second collection for present for baby. I head people giving out about the second collection amount today saying they'd be insulted if they got sent that amount from work colleagues.

No, how about you graciously accept a gift, say thank you and let that be the end of it.

And, to really add to it, some clown said she wouldn't just send a gift for the new baby, that you'd have to get something for its older sibling. Cheesus christ on a bicycle, are you fcking serious?

I'm not wrong here am I?

Do they not get money for being off having babies anyway? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Collections in work.

Before I get castigated and sent to the Stingy thread, the sheer volume bugs me, but a specific one: girl in work has baby, collection for flowers. Second collection for present for baby. I head people giving out about the second collection amount today saying they'd be insulted if they got sent that amount from work colleagues.

No, how about you graciously accept a gift, say thank you and let that be the end of it.

And, to really add to it, some clown said she wouldn't just send a gift for the new baby, that you'd have to get something for its older sibling. Cheesus christ on a bicycle, are you fcking serious?

I'm not wrong here am I?

What ever happened to a firm handshake, pat on the back. And then back to ignoring your colleague for another few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

Reading about grown men and women trying to one-up each other over how much the Star Wars trailer made them cry.

ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

Lip synch videos, or videos of people watching another video and reacting to it. Is there anything lamer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

People saying it's roasting out when it's clearly not.
    Just 'cos the sun's shining doesn't make it warm.
    I'm freezing and tempted to turn the heating on.

Dogs that can fit through the bars of my gate and proceed to shoite in my garden.

Crows being the greedy birds they are.
    Watched one earlier eating bread outside and he literally stuffed his gob with as much bread as he could muster.
    Greediness is a trait I can't abide in anyone; man or bird.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

fussyonion wrote: »
    People saying it's roasting out when it's clearly not.
    Just 'cos the sun's shining doesn't make it warm.

Which brings me to... not so much a TA, more a Trivial Amusement

People who drive convertibles in such weather with their roof down!!

It's 7 degrees out but glorious sunshine: "Shure isn't it the weather for a convertible"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

People who when going in to an event claim that they are OAPS/children. We don't mind taking a cheaper price if you ask nicely but acting like an idiot just annoys us. Why not just pay the price that is on all of the leaflets/posters!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

Grown adults that give themselves a pat on the back and tell everyone they've given up smoking and are on the e-cigarette but still smoke one or two rollies a day.

"Oh I've given up and I'm mostly on the e-cigarette but I do still have the odd rollie"

That's like saying "I'm vegetarian but I just have to have steak"

Either you've given up the cigarettes or you haven't!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

zcorpian88 wrote: »
    Grown adults that give themselves a pat on the back and tell everyone they've given up smoking and are on the e-cigarette but still smoke one or two rollies a day.

"Oh I've given up and I'm mostly on the e-cigarette but I do still have the odd rollie"

That's like saying "I'm vegetarian but I just have to have steak"

Either you've given up the cigarettes or you haven't!

The thing is though, can the cigarettes give up him?

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

fussyonion wrote: »

Crows being the greedy birds they are.
    Watched one earlier eating bread outside and he literally stuffed his gob with as much bread as he could muster.
    Greediness is a trait I can't abide in anyone; man or bird.

Being fair is it probably feeding it's young somewhere!??

*still don't like crows though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

TA - Finally getting the chance to catch up on one of your favourite threads and finding lots of talk about piss :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

when celebrities do commercials to promote foods that you know they wouldn't touch with a barge pole.

rude customers who spend over an hour looking around and buy little, demanding all of your time and thanking you for none of it.

people who make a mistake, don't admit to it and when confronted, act like you're the problem.

someone gifted with the slightest amount of authority acting like they're invincible and treating those below them as just that.

when someone sees you struggling with baggage/heavy boxes and does nothing to help, wont get out of the way or hold the door open.

when two people try to talk to you/ask questions at the same time, leading to a three way conversation.

when a popular character is killed off in a careless and premature fashion just when they were starting to hit their stride, all a ploy by producers for ratings and shock value, only to backfire on them with tons of complaints/ campaigns to bring them back.

needing something you cannot access at the moment you need it most.

people asking ridiculously personal questions on matters that don't remotely involve them.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover54

On music videos/audios on Youtube when someones comment consists of just lyrics from that song.

And then the most annoying part is when people give it thumbs up en masse like it's some genius observation or remark.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

18 weeks pregnant, exhausted and getting up dozens of times to go into the 5 year old who's sick.
    He's coughing every 5 minutes, and it sounds really sore and horrible. Feel so sorry for him but don't want to put him in beside me because he's already quite warm and I don't want him getting hotter.

Although I'd love to send my husband into the box room or spare room because he hasn't gotten up once. Tempted to kick him out of the bed and tell him to get his sh*t together.... I've found men are terrible at getting up through the night and women are much more alert if woken up suddenly. In my experience men are groggy and just turn over, or maybe it's just the men in my life!!!!
    Now I'll be tired and cranky in the morning and my husband will wonder why, and think I'm over reacting if I'm mad at him over it.

Rant over, sorry :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Collections in work.

I'm not wrong here am I?

No, you are not.
    Got so bad one place I worked that they were eventually ruled out, thankfully. 'Oh it's Monday, let's have a collection for Janey Mary, just because...it's Monday, and we haven't had a collection since Friday' :rolleyes:
    Think I've ranted about this before, but I was once told to contribute to a collection for a guy who was getting married.
    I didn't even know he was getting married, we weren't on the same team, and it was of no interest to me, anymore than my life was of no interest to him, I am quite sure.
    I just about knew him to say hello to...
    I didn't obey the demand to contribute. FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Terrible music added to youtube videos. This is grand if what you're watching doesn't need aduio and you can just mute the video, but I was recently looking up videos on how to do some tech stuff with my computer and the amount of guys explaining the procedure, whilst having loud techno music on in the background. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I have a hangover. Everything will be TA today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

PandaPoo wrote:
    I've found men are terrible at getting up through the night and women are much more alert if woken up suddenly. In my experience men are groggy and just turn over, or maybe it's just the men in my life!!!!

My fella is the same and it often annoys me. We don't have kids, but if the cat makes a fuss during the night and doesn't want to let us sleep it's always me that has to get up, even though he is usually closer. If I make him go it takes him so long to get out of bed, it annoys me even more than if I'd just got up and done it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

Trucks driving on roads that have been deemed unsuitable for heavy vehicles and there are better alternative roads!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

"Oh I hope this is not our summer.."

Just fcuk off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

A song stuck in my head. But no ordinary song - a christmas song!

here comes santa claus right down santa claus lane....

Aaaaagh!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

People that say "literally" all the time and really mean the exact opposite.

"Wow I literally died."
    "I literally had a heart attack."

No you fcukin did not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

TA that my friend didn't offer to pay the €3 parking fee this evening in town. I drove out to her house to collect her & was dropping her home also. She lives 15km away. I know it's only €3, but it's annoyed me anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

miezekatze wrote: »
    My fella is the same and it often annoys me. We don't have kids, but if the cat makes a fuss during the night and doesn't want to let us sleep it's always me that has to get up, even though he is usually closer. If I make him go it takes him so long to get out of bed, it annoys me even more than if I'd just got up and done it myself.

In fairness I wouldn't bother getting out of bed for a ****in cat either. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

A song stuck in my head. But no ordinary song - a christmas song!

here comes santa claus right down santa claus lane....

Aaaaagh!!!

Thanks for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

There are steps across the street from my apartment building. Unfortunately these steps attract drunk people like moths to a flame. Cue being woken up at five this morning by slurred shouting and maniacal laughter.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Mrs. Bap is away for the weekend. I'm trying to piece together her messages and pictures sent yesterday and make some sense of it all.
    I'm guessing that she may have had a shandy or 2 last night given that she appears to have forgotten words.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    "Oh I hope this is not our summer.."

Just fcuk off

Every time there's a few sunny Spring days it's the same sh*te. We're an island in the middle of the Atlantic, people should just enjoy whatever mild sunny weather we get. The way some people carry on you'd swear we live in fricking Spain.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Every time there's a few sunny Spring days it's the same sh*te. We're an island in the middle of the Atlantic, people should just enjoy whatever mild sunny weather we get. The way some people carry on you'd swear we live in fricking Spain.

It's my biggest criticism about Irish People, our obsession with the sun is not healthy, it's nice out but i wont be cracking the Shorts out anytime soon, chilli enough out at the moment it's only 10/11 degrees ffs :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement