Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

It's not the first time and the area they search is easily covered by gardai on foot. Trust me, it's a waste of money and resources and the kids aren't in danger. It's a small enough town in an urban area, no risky terrain. The last young 'wan was sat under a tree in the search area. That time there was the same nonsense, Search and Rescue helicopter, Gardai, Ambulance and an aqua unit from another part of Clare. She'd have been found in a fraction of the time by a K9 unit.:rolleyes:

As I said, I don't have any details, but who is to say that the kid didn't tell her parents she was going to jump off a cliff, or he was throw himself in a river.....time was most likely of the essence, and I would prefer to see the resources used to bring a person home alive than pull a body from a river Three days later. I appreciate it may be some kid who had a row with his or her boyfriend or girlfriend, but that's what the resources are for.

Sure what about when surfers are advised not to go out due to severe weather, they still go and then a helicopter has to go out and rescue them....also at great expense

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

KatW4 wrote: »
    Do I bring a coat or do I not bring a coat?

do you not have a nice cardigan:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    As I said, I don't have any details, but who is to say that the kid didn't tell her parents she was going to jump off a cliff, or he was throw himself in a river.....time was most likely of the essence, and I would prefer to see the resources used to bring a person home alive than pull a body from a river Three days later. I appreciate it may be some kid who had a row with his or her boyfriend or girlfriend, but that's what the resources are for.

Sure what about when surfers are advised not to go out due to severe weather, they still go and then a helicopter has to go out and rescue them....also at great expense

There's so much mud in the Estuary that they wouldn't be able to walk out far enough to drown and we don't have any cliffs.:P Seriously though, after 24 hours of being missing time really wasn't of the essence. Generations of us have hung around there and not a single person drowned or even came close to it. I know it sounds as if I'm being heartless, but given that the area is safe and the extant of the emergency services involved, it was total overkill.

eisenberg1 wrote: »

Or the mother who let her 6 year old climb up a 5 metre rock, then he couldn't climb down so the Coast Guard had to come out and get him down.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

So many things annoying me today I fear I will just implode. Or go and drink a bottle of vodka on the top of a mountain, because well...that always sorts everything doesn't it.

One of our cats is missing. TA that when I call the (very helpful) vets in the area, I can feel them judging me (probably rightly) too:

"Is she chipped?"
    "No"
    ...pause....
    "Is she collared?"
    "No"
    ...pause....
    ...more pause....
    "Ok"

:(

Also TA that I ring the OH every fúcking day 2-3 times before I get an answer. Well, not calling any more. Let's see how long it will take for her to notice. She probably wont...

TA that we had a really big lunch with ONE glass of wine. Heating is on, I'm about to enter a carb coma....and I've had ONE glass of wine :(

Spent what seemed like an eternity travelling to work alone and lonely and with a stupid old fashioned phone with no games/internet/music. I would have loved to have some company during that time. Recently acquired a smartphone and so excited about listening to music and being online for the journey to and from work. However the arrival of the new phone coincided with a few co-workers realising we are on the same route so now... Three things TA me about this. The first is when you are travelling alone you can make a dive for a free seat anywhere. When you are in a group, this is considered to be rude. So, I end up having to stand the whole way which is fúcking maddening. Two is that its nice to leave behind the day when you finish, but when the conversation turns to work (as it invariably does), its like a lingering smell from the day following you home. And thirdly, I can't listen to my music! Sounds a bit anti-social I know but sometimes this is all the time I get to just sit and chill...and now it's been replaced by standing making office small talk.

And I still can't find my cat :(

And I hate my OH.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

Needless, confusing change...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

When you find yourself still on the phone to someone ten minutes after you've said, "so I've no news really" :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

LynnGrace wrote: »
    On a day off, and listening to a chain saw all morning. Now that I've had a look, I figure it will be going for the day. It's in the estate next to ours, and the tree is huge!
    Why do people plant trees like that in small gardens?! Oh well, at least I didn't stay in bed all morning <clutches at silver lining> :rolleyes:

And the chainsaw is still droning on...

My next door neighbours are very sociable and both come from families that bred like rabbits. They're dropping in in groups today and spending the afternoon in the back yard, it's like a redneck picnic and it will continue that way every day as long as there are sunny afternoons/evenings. Not so bad today, but when it happens on weeks where my husband is on nightshift it's a pain in the hole since he gets woken up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

The face of that smug looking kid in the Independent.ie background/advert thingy today for Tesco Mobile

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

I'm TA that since this morning when I was last on, someone has gone and moved AH. Where the bloody hell are we now? I'm old and get easily confused, changes like this shouldnt be just sprung :(:o

• Registered Users Posts: 21,887 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Thought it just me! But i can't manage to log out either, prob computer gone wonky :(

ok, I now know I didn't break it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

^^^
    Thank God, I thought it was me after managing to delete After Hours !! Very mysterious altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Thought it just me! But i can't manage to log out either, prob computer gone wonky :(

ok, I now know I didn't break it :D

Everything is all over the place(has Dave been at wires and cables again?:D)
    I'm not seeing notifications or anything and I'm still trying to find out where we are on here.

I am delighted that others a TA by this and I'm not just losing it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,178 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    So many things annoying me today I fear I will just implode. Or go and drink a bottle of vodka on the top of a mountain, because well...that always sorts everything doesn't it.

One of our cats is missing. TA that when I call the (very helpful) vets in the area, I can feel them judging me (probably rightly) too:

"Is she chipped?"
    "No"
    ...pause....
    "Is she collared?"
    "No"
    ...pause....
    ...more pause....
    "Ok"

:(

Also TA that I ring the OH every fúcking day 2-3 times before I get an answer. Well, not calling any more. Let's see how long it will take for her to notice. She probably wont...

TA that we had a really big lunch with ONE glass of wine. Heating is on, I'm about to enter a carb coma....and I've had ONE glass of wine :(

Spent what seemed like an eternity travelling to work alone and lonely and with a stupid old fashioned phone with no games/internet/music. I would have loved to have some company during that time. Recently acquired a smartphone and so excited about listening to music and being online for the journey to and from work. However the arrival of the new phone coincided with a few co-workers realising we are on the same route so now... Three things TA me about this. The first is when you are travelling alone you can make a dive for a free seat anywhere. When you are in a group, this is considered to be rude. So, I end up having to stand the whole way which is fúcking maddening. Two is that its nice to leave behind the day when you finish, but when the conversation turns to work (as it invariably does), its like a lingering smell from the day following you home. And thirdly, I can't listen to my music! Sounds a bit anti-social I know but sometimes this is all the time I get to just sit and chill...and now it's been replaced by standing making office small talk.

And I still can't find my cat :(

And I hate my OH.

You need to cruise to work in a Jaaaaag! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,178 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

There's so much mud in the Estuary that they wouldn't be able to walk out far enough to drown and we don't have any cliffs.:P Seriously though, after 24 hours of being missing time really wasn't of the essence. Generations of us have hung around there and not a single person drowned or even came close to it. I know it sounds as if I'm being heartless, but given that the area is safe and the extant of the emergency services involved, it was total overkill.

A very old mate of mine was found in the cold mud of the Shannon Estuary a few years ago. Poor devil.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,887 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Smidge wrote: »
    Everything is all over the place(has Dave been at wires and cables again?:D)
    I'm not seeing notifications or anything and I'm still trying to find out where we are on here.

I am delighted that others a TA by this and I'm not just losing it :D

My notifications are back :D TA that I'm definitely going to have to stay wearing my glasses until I figure out where everything is , instead of squinting at the screen :)

Smidge wrote: »
    I'm TA that since this morning when I was last on, someone has gone and moved AH. Where the bloody hell are we now? I'm old and get easily confused, changes like this shouldnt be just sprung :(:o

AH now in 'social and fun' http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=7

So go forth and be social and have fun :D

Needing to do a couple of clicks every time I want to access forums that I could access in just one click in the past.

Argh. Not even about not knowing where to find stuff, but the several times more clicks is very ARGH. Silly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Needing to do a couple of clicks every time I want to access forums that I could access in just one click in the past.

Argh. Not even about not knowing where to find stuff, but the several times more clicks is very ARGH. Silly.

Search bar???
    Or is that gone😫

• Advertisement

Search bar???
    Or is that gone😫

Search bar still there thankfully, but that takes even longer... having to type the name of a forum every time... rather than the previous one click system... Just glad I have 'my threads' still for the ones I use regularly... think I might be just sticking to those from now on unless it improves... too much hassle otherwise tbh :D

That I hadn't kissed a boy for many months, and now I can feel a cold sore coming up on my lip. Probably not just a coincidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭thee glitz

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Very very TA that my phone did an upgrade today & Boards is now all changed. Can't get my head around the layout at all. Grrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Being wolf-whistled at whilst cycling!

Oh just wish they'd just jog on! If they can ie.

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Very very TA that my phone did an upgrade today & Boards is now all changed. Can't get my head around the layout at all. Grrrr

Okay, reading through the thread maybe it's not just me having problems..

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Okay, reading through the thread maybe it's not just me having problems..

Nope, not just you, and don't think it's really to do with your phone update http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057416973

Nope, not just you, and don't think it's really to do with your phone update http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057416973

Thanks! Don't like change ;-(

• Registered Users Posts: 35 NoAlarms

Took my son to the playground today..and a little fecker started pulling his hair (he's two and has bouncy curls I refuse to cut yet).

My TA is the Yummy Mummies sitting on a bench saw it yet totally ignored it,would love to correct their "darlings" but didn't so had to take curly man away

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

NoAlarms wrote: »
    Took my son to the playground today..and a little fecker started pulling his hair (he's two and has bouncy curls I refuse to cut yet).

My TA is the Yummy Mummies sitting on a bench saw it yet totally ignored it,would love to correct their "darlings" but didn't so had to take curly man away

Punch the child in the face.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement