Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

eternal wrote: »
    Cheer up love, it might never happen.

Both women and men play soccer by the way.

It already did, when people annoyed him/her parping on about soccer. That's the point.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Nose running like a fecking tap after my morning swim. >.<

Sky News' obsession with the next royal baby. Seriously...it's a baby. It will cry and pooh and sleep like any other baby. It doesn't matter about people losing their lives at sea while fleeing war torn countries. Nope, let's interview two idiots who have booked into a hotel near the hospital for two weeks so that they can see the baby when it comes out of the building. And one of them says, "It would be nice to have a little girl, but in my heart I think George would like a little brother" - wtf? He is a baby. He doesn't know what's going on. He also doesn't care. And how creepy of you, a total stranger, to claim to "know in your heart" what the child of another parent wants..... Bizzare, silly carry on...

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭grundie

Pushy PrePay Power and Pinergy salespeople.

I know the prepay model suits some people, but lets be honest you are not fooling me when you say it is cheaper and more convenient.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

On Sunday, Mrs E and I were up early(ish) and seeing as it was a nice day, decided to pack the hounds in the car and head to the beach for a little stroll. When you arrive at said beach, access is via any one of several sets of steps. MY TA is the people who pitch camp at the very base of the steps! People, you have the entire beach at your disposal.....you can sit anywhere, the little darlings can build sandcastles anywhere, and then you dont have to tut tut when a leashed dogs comes within two feet of Sebestian and his playdate.

And while I am at it, people who drive several miles to a beach, park as close as possible and then sit in the car looking at the water...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

On a day off, and listening to a chain saw all morning. Now that I've had a look, I figure it will be going for the day. It's in the estate next to ours, and the tree is huge!
    Why do people plant trees like that in small gardens?! Oh well, at least I didn't stay in bed all morning <clutches at silver lining> :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

everlast75 wrote: »
    Bugs the sh*t out of me trying to get anything on a Sunday!

Wanted to buy a product yesterday. Tried Argos; two "Extra" stores (which are supposed to have all stock) - both of them - product out of stock.

Telephone Power City - one communal number for ALL stores.

Rang Harvey Norman - left on hold for ages before I checked online and found out they weren't actually open until 12 (which is a pain in itself) but they kinda failed to mention that on the phone recording - just asked you to keep holding.

Called up - don't have it - and (this is a real pet peeve) told me this line " Em, we don't have it in stock at the moment, but we should be getting it in stock soon. Could you call back on Thursday or Friday?" I reply - can you check and see if you are definitely getting it in? The reply is a classic.... "We don't know what stock we get in week to week, but we should have it though"... Yeah - that's ok - I'll just keep calling up here until you DO have it...

Finally tried Power City - not open until 1pm - ffs! 1 pm! Do they only hire p*ss heads?

What companies open 9-6 on a sunday? cop on

Also what suppliers do you reckon open on a sunday. How do you expect these guys to give a definative answer. They tell you to call back later in the week so that you cant turn around and throw a hissy over been lied to. Also get up off yer a55, Sunday is the busiest day of the week for retailers. They can deal with you over the phone who they have no chance of making a transaction, or they can help someone that made the effort to go into the shop and at least have a 50% chance of a transaction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    On Sunday, Mrs E and I were up early(ish) and seeing as it was a nice day, decided to pack the hounds in the car and head to the beach for a little stroll. When you arrive at said beach, access is via any one of several sets of steps. MY TA is the people who pitch camp at the very base of the steps! People, you have the entire beach at your disposal.....you can sit anywhere, the little darlings can build sandcastles anywhere, and then you dont have to tut tut when a leashed dogs comes within two feet of Sebestian and his playdate.

And while I am at it, people who drive several miles to a beach, park as close as possible and then sit in the car looking at the water...

Totally agree. It's a similar mentality to those who have a full beach to choose from, but will set themselves up right beside you, or people who choose to have what seems to be a long lost family / friends reunion in a doorway, or at the top or bottom of an escalator.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Totally agree. It's a similar mentality to those who have a full beach to choose from, but will set themselves up right beside you, or people who choose to have what seems to be a long lost family / friends reunion in a doorway, or at the top or bottom of an escalator.

or when someone gets on the bus and there is loads of totally empty seats but the choose to sit beside you - this really annoys me!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

I can't use an post anymore. The place to collect packages is an hour away and unless I'm sitting outside I'll just get the sorry we missed you crap.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

ssmith6287 wrote: »

I used to work 10-7 every Sunday in my last retail job, it isn't that strange.

TA'd, or more just eye-rolling, at Amazon - the package I took the free super saver delivery on yesterday got here in less time than it took the package that I paid one-day delivery on last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

ssmith6287 wrote: »

Also what suppliers do you reckon open on a sunday. How do you expect these guys to give a definative answer. They tell you to call back later in the week so that you cant turn around and throw a hissy over been lied to. Also get up off yer a55, Sunday is the busiest day of the week for retailers. They can deal with you over the phone who they have no chance of making a transaction, or they can help someone that made the effort to go into the shop and at least have a 50% chance of a transaction

Dear fellow boardsie, take a big deep breath and relax. Maybe check your underwear - they seem to be on a bit tight!

Firstly, I never said they should open at 9. I was outside DID at 12:30 and they didn't open til 1 - which to me was annoying (see title thread if you're lost as to the point of this thread).

Secondly, I'm not quite sure what your second point was. I think your typing was obscured by the red mist that clearly descended. On the one hand you seem to be advocating telephoning them and on the other, not telephoning and travelling to the shop in question :confused:

I did both, so I don't know where you think I went wrong. In general, my point is if they aren't certain they are getting in stock, perhaps ask the customer to ring up on a day and see. Or maybe check the stock order form.. you know, exercise some initiative!?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭mushu

There are two flies performing what can only be a mating ritual around my sitting room.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Or maybe check the stock order form.. you know, exercise some initiative!?

Be a long time hoping for that everlast :pac:

Meanwhile - people that overestimate their own worth and think when they need something done, that their time is more important than mine.

Got a call earlier to come out and have a look at a job, the usual "I need it done yesterday" craic, such was the urgency. I told him I'll be out in the afternoon. Couldn't wait. I know the fella a while so I figured fair enough, I'll help anyone out in a tight spot.

Got out here and he's sitting inside in the office on the phone, "let you in here now in a minute", the other fella is sitting on his hole browsing facebook on his phone, looks me up and down, I'm standing there like a spare prick for the next half hour waiting, and when I finally get at the computer - "You won't be long now will you?"...

:mad:

I don't know how I manage to maintain my composure sometimes :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Bank opening hours.

I mean seriously! WTF??

Mostly Monday to Friday 10am-4pm

We understand that you (might) have a job, we assume you probably start at 9am??. So just to be sure we'll open at 10am.

You work til 5pm you say?, OK, we'll close at 4pm then. Sorted.

"You don't work at the weekend, and you can visit us then?" "Sure we don't work at the weekends either Larry! We don't need the extra few bob, and those yachts aren't going to sail themselves are they?"

Bank opening hours.

I mean seriously! WTF??

We understand that you (might) have a job, we assume you probably start at 9am??. So just to be sure we'll open at 10am.

"You don't work at the weekend, and you can visit us then?" "Sure we don't work at the weekends either Larry! We don't need the extra few bob, and those yachts aren't going to sail themselves are they?"

And closing the cash counters at 3pm....

Bank opening hours.

I mean seriously! WTF??

not to mention financial branches closing one or more of the windows down at lunchtime.. when there happens to be the most amount of customers of any time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭The Dark Side

The Post Office nearest my workplaces closes from 1pm to 2.15pm.

It's in a commercial area but closes at the time most of its potential customers are going to be free to pop into it.

Irish-style, public service non-service!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

grundie wrote: »
    Pushy PrePay Power and Pinergy salespeople.

I know the prepay model suits some people, but lets be honest you are not fooling me when you say it is cheaper and more convenient.

It's only cheaper and more convenient for them, since they can avoid chasing customers who can't pay their bills. Simple for them really, charge the people who can least afford it more and if they can't afford to pay upfront then they won't have electricity.

The Post Office nearest my workplaces closes from 1pm to 2.15pm.

It's in a commercial area but closes at the time most of its potential customers are going to be free to pop into it.

Irish-style, public service non-service!

Exactly. It annoys me that banks and post offices send their staff on lunch breaks at the same time as other people are coming in on their lunch breaks. No, the answer is not installing self service atm's in branch.

• Advertisement

not to mention financial branches closing one or more of the windows down at lunchtime.. when there happens to be the most amount of customers of any time!

Last week, a friend who could not make it to the bank, asked me to make a lodgement for him. I walk in with cash and lodgement book ( all filled out) but there are no cash desks, just a manned "Foreign currency" desk. I ask at customer service if I can lodge at the currency desk ( there are two of them and not busy), No, but the woman will show me how to use the machine....she b rings me over and very slowly proceeds to tell me how to use the machine...then looks at the lodgement book and informs me that I cant use the machine and I will have to use a normal cash desk. I point out that there are no cash desks "Ah you can use the foreign currency desk, Mary will take care of you":(

Last week, a friend who could not make it to the bank, asked me to make a lodgement for him. I walk in with cash and lodgement book ( all filled out) but there are no cash desks, just a manned "Foreign currency" desk. I ask at customer service if I can lodge at the currency desk ( there are two of them and not busy), No, but the woman will show me how to use the machine....she b rings me over and very slowly proceeds to tell me how to use the machine...then looks at the lodgement book and informs me that I cant use the machine and I will have to use a normal cash desk. I point out that there are no cash desks "Ah you can use the foreign currency desk, Mary will take care of you":(

Enough to make you turn Michael Douglas - falling down :D:D

I am just back from the Vodafone Store where i had to leave in my s5 for repair - and they hand me a loan mobile (thinks it the "pebble") fricking tiny and non-responsive - it'll be 5 working days before I get my phone back. Didn't realise before how much I used/relied upon it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

If there is a multi-pack of say Mars or Snickers bars in the fridge, and there is only one bar left, yet the bar is left in the multi-pack rather than just being taken out and left by itself! Neat fridges are essential :o

13 year old kid has a hissy fit and goes missing for 24 hours. Result, Search and Rescue helicopter, Search and Rescue boat, Gardai, Fire Brigade and Ambulance all called into action to find the kid. Kid safe and well, highly unlikely to have been in any kind of danger whatsoever and God knows how many thousands of euro that stunt cost the tax payer, just as well there weren't any actual emergencies during all that.:rolleyes:

13 year old kid has a hissy fit and goes missing for 24 hours. Result, Search and Rescue helicopter, Search and Rescue boat, Gardai, Fire Brigade and Ambulance all called into action to find the kid. Kid safe and well, highly unlikely to have been in any kind of danger whatsoever and God knows how many thousands of euro that stunt cost the tax payer, just as well there weren't any actual emergencies during all that.:rolleyes:

I don't have any details/info on the situation,and on that basis I would Have say, if the kid was found safe and sound it was a good result as far as I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

MajorMax wrote: »
    Soccer, I hate soccer, bloody women's sport. Listening to the muppets in work going on about the snoozefest that happened over the weekend

"OOOh you did well didn't you?"
    "Yeah we were lucky"

Really? What position do you play in? What part of Liverpool/Manchester/London do you come from?

What's worse is when you meet someone who doesn't know you hate soccer, you tell them and they still try to bend your ear about how their team did. I DON'T CARE F*** OFF!

Don't agree that it's a women's game, it's the most inclusive and popular sport in the world. Costs next to nothing to play it.

I do agree with the rest of your post though. 90% of the football fans in this country are fools when they refer to English teams as 'us' or 'we'. Identity crisis doesn't come close to it. I can't imagine there's anyone in London calling Leinster or Munster us or we. But yet it's just the norm over here and accepted with soccer. Best Fans In The World they said after Euro 2012. Best fans for a p*ss up every 10 years maybe. Try attending games every week and then claim it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

If there is a multi-pack of say Mars or Snickers bars in the fridge, and there is only one bar left, yet the bar is left in the multi-pack rather than just being taken out and left by itself! Neat fridges are essential :o

Agreed, as the multi-pack wrapping gives he suggestion that there are more than 1 bar left!!

I don't have any details/info on the situation,and on that basis I would Have say, if the kid was found safe and sound it was a good result as far as I can see.

It's not the first time and the area they search is easily covered by gardai on foot. Trust me, it's a waste of money and resources and the kids aren't in danger. It's a small enough town in an urban area, no risky terrain. The last young 'wan was sat under a tree in the search area. That time there was the same nonsense, Search and Rescue helicopter, Gardai, Ambulance and an aqua unit from another part of Clare. She'd have been found in a fraction of the time by a K9 unit.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

Roald Dahl is great an all, but Matilda is really just a sanitised kids version of Stephen Kings book Carrie when you think about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Do I bring a coat or do I not bring a coat?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement