Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Another TA is when newspapers or news sites say things like:
    "She poured her curves into her skintight jeans" or
    "She cradled her growing bump" or
    "She welcomed her first baby into the world."

She WELCOMED?
    I imagine her looking down at a newborn baby, clapping her hands, saying "Welcome!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

rocky911 wrote: »
    +1

My father passed away over 9 years ago nearly now and every now and again the bank would send some marketing info to him even though all his accounts are closed etc. I certaintly dont get upset when that happens I laugh at it,

This compo culture is something that bugs the sh#te out me

They probably got paid for their story.

When stuff starts to go wrong before you've even had your first coffee on a Monday morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

everlast75 wrote: »
    The Daily Star have a fooking book out today with all the details of "the perfect murder, and how he nearly got away with it".

Ghouls!

Well....there must be an demand for that kind of rubbish :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

When stuff starts to go wrong before you've even had your first coffee on a Monday morning.

When stuff starts to go wrong before lunch time! :(

Does anyone know how to get liquid foundation out of the, erm, crotch area of a black trousers? :o

I was reaching up for some files on a shelf and some... idiot, had a bottle of liquid foundation up there with the cap left loose on it. Who does that?

I've tried fairy liquid and a j-cloth but it's still... "visible". Jesus how do women get this stuff off their faces? :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,135 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Well....there must be an demand for that kind of rubbish :(

Chicken and egg situation in my opinion :(

Does anyone know how to get liquid foundation out of the, erm, crotch area of a black trousers? :o

I was reaching up for some files on a shelf and some... idiot, had a bottle of liquid foundation up there with the cap left loose on it. Who does that?

I've tried fairy liquid and a j-cloth but it's still... "visible". Jesus how do women get this stuff off their faces? :(

I believe you, thousands wouldn't, but I believe you. :D Have you got any baby wipes in the office? That stuff can lift paint off carpets, it should take foundation off clothing. Best to be loud about it, maybe put on a fake raging voice demanding to know who left the make up in there and pointing out that it's destroyed your trousers, turn the tables on em.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

You order 3 t-shirts.....they deliver 1 ffs :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,135 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I misread that, and thought liquid foundation was some posh name for typex... which confused me a lot when I read the last line!!!!

everlast75 wrote: »
    I misread that, and thought liquid foundation was some posh name for typex... which confused me a lot when I read the last line!!!!

:pac:

Ohh christ don't get me started! Lipstick on my collar is the least of my worries when I always wear white shirts and I'm not a tall guy, but the girls are even shorter, and there's nights there I came home from work and the front of my shirt looked like a rolled around on bed sheet with the amount of foundation and make-up on it! :rolleyes:

I'd say the laundrette guy actually does use carpet cleaner to get 'em white again :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

Have got a particular food that I'm craving, yet can't quite put my finger on what it is. Does that even make any sense...?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Have got a particular food that I'm craving, yet can't quite put my finger on what it is. Does that even make any sense...?

It's flame grilled steak McCoys crisps.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    It's flame grilled steak McCoys crisps.

Haha, nope, I know it's some kinda of potato and meat dish, and can almost taste it... yet can't quite place what it is.

I suspect that I dreamed about it during the night, hence waking up with the craving...

Am pretty sure any old potato and meat thing will not quite do the trick.

*ponders*

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Haha, nope, I know it's some kinda of potato and meat dish, and can almost taste it... yet can't quite place what it is.

I suspect that I dreamed about it during the night, hence waking up with the craving...

*ponders*

Cornedbeef hash!

kfallon wrote: »
    Cornedbeef hash!

I'm not sure I've ever had it, so who knows... but yes, def that kind of thing I'm meaning. Will see what I can do :)

People who use 'reply to all' needlessly make me ragey.

See a group email going out, and the group being cc-ed rather than bcc-ed, and immediately think 'here we go...'

Since then, I've had several 'reply to all' emails from others, with information I don't need. Mostly people confirming they can't attend the meeting the email was inviting us to.

My original response (to the sender only), was to say that I can't attend, as am on holidays that day... but since then I've had about six more people reply to EVERYONE to say they can't respond.

Why oh why do you think everybody needs to know this? The event organiser does. But not the few dozen people who were also invited to the meeting.

Stop it. Seriously just stop it.

Uh huh, sounds like me all the time, I take a look in the presses or the fridge then and I'm like "nuh uh, think I'll just have a coffee instead"...

Actually - people who eat food at their desks. Nobody is that busy, seriously - step away from the desk, go have lunch, clear your head, and then come back :)

Oh, and the flies, jesus christ almighty it's like they're out in force today! I'm not even bothered killing them, I just wish they'd fcuk off somewhere else! :mad:

*ponders*

Shepherds pie?

Uh huh, sounds like me all the time, I take a look in the presses or the fridge then and I'm like "nuh uh, think I'll just have a coffee instead"...

Actually - people who eat food at their desks. Nobody is that busy, seriously - step away from the desk, go have lunch, clear your head, and then come back :)

I spend all my lunch time shopping or running or studying - so I usually eat at my desk before/after. The only thing in life nicer than eating is the feeling of being paid to eat :D

One of our next door neighbours is a nosy old bitch, she's in her 80's so there's nothing we can say to her about it. Most days she's out on her wheeled walking mobility aid and she stops and stares , honestly, she actually stops outside the front wall and stares at our house with each and every circuit of the terrace that she does. :confused: We put up a clothes line in our back yard last week and yesterday we were in the kitchen cooking with the back door open, we looked down the garden and there she was staring through the gate at us. She's fcuking creepy at times.

We keep our house spotless and we're so quiet that you'd hardly know we're here, so I don't know what her interest in us is. Mr Pumpkinseeds was joking that we should get a whip and hang it off the line to wind her up, maybe some crotchless knickers to hang up as well, just to add a bit of extra spice to it. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Mr Pumpkinseeds was joking that we should get a whip and hang it off the line to wind her up, maybe some crotchless knickers to hang up as well, just to add a bit of extra spice to it. :D

You Absolutely must do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

People are absolute pigs when it comes to cleaning up their own crap at the cinema. They just get up out of their seat and leave a rubbish pile behind them. There's bins at on the way out, just walk the couple of metres to it and dispose of your thrash. This entitlement of getting someone else to do it is just lazy and bratty. Just do it yourself ya dirtbag!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Omackeral wrote: »
    People are absolute pigs when it comes to cleaning up their own crap at the cinema. They just get up out of their seat and leave a rubbish pile behind them. There's bins at on the way out, just walk the couple of metres to it and dispose of your thrash. This entitlement of getting someone else to do it is just lazy and bratty. Just do it yourself ya dirtbag!

I see something similar in McDonalds carpark on the kylemore road each morning when im walking through it, its as if people going in during the night ,eat the food in the car and then just open their doors and drop it all out on the ground then leave, its so bad and there is always so much of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

messrs wrote: »
    I see something similar in McDonalds carpark on the kylemore road each morning when im walking through it, its as if people going in during the night ,eat the food in the car and then just open their doors and drop it all out on the ground then leave, its so bad and there is always so much of it!

Same in Nutgrove, does my head in. Put your sh*t in the bin you stupid pricks. I've often been seen roaring at people I see dropping their packaging out the window. I lose it altogether :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

The courier has left a parcel in with the aul wan next door again, since no one here to take it in. We have asked them several times to leave it anywhere but in there :(. OH has a misguided sense of belief that I am going in to get it. Bahahahahaha !!

Standing waiting with one of the other parents for my child to get out of school, making small chat and all the rest of it when she says "oh here comes (my son) now, looks like he's got himself a girlfriend, he sure knows how to pick them". I couldn't see anything but I figured I'd just be polite anyway, casually replied "aye, he does alright", without even thinking about it...

Didn't need to be able to see anything after that, I could feel the daggers she was shooting at me thinking I was eyeing up children, thought best not to try and explain, would only make things even more awkward :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭grundie

When you are on an ecommerce site and click on a thumbnail to see a larger image, only for the larger image to be smaller than the thumbnail.

That an Irish Water computer error takes over almost the entire front page of an evening paper... and the loss of 900 migrants who drowned after they were locked into the cabin hold has two inches of the front page dedicated to it. F*cking says it all about our priorities. If those were Europeans or Americans we'd never hear the end of it. Migrant workers/refugees don't matter it seems... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

73Cat wrote: »
    The courier has left a parcel in with the aul wan next door again, since no one here to take it in. We have asked them several times to leave it anywhere but in there :(. OH has a misguided sense of belief that I am going in to get it. Bahahahahaha !!

I completely disagree with An Post and some courier companies' policy of leaving your parcel with a neighbour.

I think it's so presumptuous (spelling?!) that people get along with their neighbour so how awkward is that going to be trying to get it back?

On a side note, I was expecting a parcel from Amazon, just before Christmas time and when I came home from being out all day, I got in and picked up my post from the floor.

Scribbled on the back was a note from the postman which said "Your parcel is in your green wheelie bin".
    I was flabbergasted.
    He'd put my Amazon parcel in the BIN.

Who's to say somebody didn't see him and promptly whip it out?
    Completely unprofessional.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Stepping in dogsh1t barefoot:-)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement