Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Cold callers - repetitive cold callers. Just FO like?

Also, "it's lovely out there now"

(I fúcking know). I politely smile, swallow my anger and say, "mmmmmmm" in a vaguely interested tone.

Five seconds later (same person).... "It's Friday"

Bang.....Bang

Now, all gone :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Mudmask wrote: »
    Looking for women's shorts. I'm going away for a couple of days next month and thought I'd get a pair or two. It is nigh on impossible to get a pair of shorts that would cover you, they're all hooha or arse cheeks. I'm in my early 20's and think they're decrepid. Who actually buys them??

I found some lovely ones on Amazon yesterday.

I was coughing so hard last night that I opened a wound. Worse than that, I kept Mr Pumpkinseeds awake with my coughing. Why does stuff get so much worse at night? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Wanting a weekend where you could just chill and do sweet FA to give your body and wallet a break, but realise it's actually jam packed of boozy sessions lined up with little time to put the feet up...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

There is an odd knife in the cutlery drawer. It appeared a few months ago, presumably out of someone elses house, and every time I open it, I hate it just a little bit more..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Wanting a weekend where you could just chill and do sweet FA to give your body and wallet a break, but realise it's actually jam packed of boozy sessions lined up with little time to put the feet up...

Apt username and all :D

TA: Haven't had so much as a drop in aaaaages, and it looks like a while before I'll be able to with bloody work lined up. Anyone ever notice that when you do go on the tear then, you're not right for about a week afterwards? :confused:

Definitely getting too old :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Apt username and all :D

TA: Haven't had so much as a drop in aaaaages, and it looks like a while before I'll be able to with bloody work lined up. Anyone ever notice that when you do go on the tear then, you're not right for about a week afterwards? :confused:

Definitely getting too old :(

:D The three day hangover.

Have you tried Horlicks? its lovely:D (keep your mind out of the sewer)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Being watched while I'm eating. It makes me a paranoid, fumbling mess!

Aul wans in lifts, who over-perfume with some cheap p1ss.

Its stomach turning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

eisenberg1 wrote: »

Its stomach turning.

As opposed to my TA which is aul wans in lifts who smell of piss.

• Advertisement

As opposed to my TA which is aul wans in lifts who smell of piss.

Well to be fair, anyone in a lift who smells of piss......or lifts that smell of piss:D

The checkout operator in Dunnes asked us to put our bottles flat on the conveyor belt, after we'd put a full weeks worth of shopping on it. He got a firm and resounding NO on that one. If he'd asked as we were putting it on the conveyor belt that would have been fine, but there wasn't an inch of space left.

Its stomach turning.

The smell catches in the back of the throat, it's awful. Not as bad as the stench of stale BO though, but not by much. That leads to another ta, people who try to cover the stench of stale BO by drowning themselves in deoderant, just have a shower and wash your clothes for goodnesss sake people.

The smell catches in the back of the throat, it's awful. Not as bad as the stench of stale BO though, but not by much. That leads to another ta, people who try to cover the stench of stale BO by drowning themselves in deoderant, just have a shower and wash your clothes for goodnesss sake people.

I used to work with a guy, who at regular intervals throughout the day, would produce a can of Lynx from his desk and spray it under his shirt.....and the next day would do the same thing, under the SAME shirt......vile!!

He used to do this as if it was the most natural thing in the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Señor Fancy Pants

Coming home from the gym and the cleaner is still in the house. I'm parked up the road waiting for her to leave.

Also, trying to go to sleep at night but all you can hear is your pulse through your ear on the pillow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rocky911

Working for an large American Multinational who try and push there culture on us

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Areyouwell

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    Being watched while I'm eating. It makes me a paranoid, fumbling mess!

I hate that but the best thing to do is, to open your mouth for a few seconds while the gawker is staring at you. Works all the time for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rocky911

Areyouwell wrote: »
    I hate that but the best thing to do is, to open your mouth for a few seconds while the gawker is staring at you. Works all the time for me.

Or start spitting food..should work

rocky911 wrote: »
    Working for an large American Multinational who try and push there culture on us

There's something about this post that doesn't quite add up for me :D

The little techy differences between things. Like, using a tablet all weeked at college and then (having overcome the "my work desktop grew over the weekend" thing), finding yourself doing "tablet" things to it, like pinching the screen to make something bigger/smaller or trying to touch the screen and scroll. Then changing from typing on a smartphone and having everything corrected for you, to typing elsewhere with no such luxury. Sigh...

• Advertisement

People tittering for no apparent reason.

"pass the butter.....titter"
    "There you go"
    "Thanks...titter"

Medication time perhaps?

The way the novelty of nothing to do can quickly turn to maddening boredom... And the guilt over being paid for it....

I've actually started to learn a new language online :rolleyes:

Well to be fair, anyone in a lift who smells of piss......or lifts that smell of piss:D

Baby oil is worse, conjures up memories of dirty nappies, and while it's amazing the way the mind works... sometimes, I wish it wouldn't! :pac:

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    The little techy differences between things. Like, using a tablet all weeked at college and then (having overcome the "my work desktop grew over the weekend" thing), finding yourself doing "tablet" things to it, like pinching the screen to make something bigger/smaller or trying to touch the screen and scroll. Then changing from typing on a smartphone and having everything corrected for you, to typing elsewhere with no such luxury. Sigh...

What are you looking at? :p

Actually, people that do that, you're working away on the laptop or the phone and someone comes in -

"Whatcha looking at? Whatcha laughing at?"

Seriously? I'm not one for being rude to people or telling them to mind their own business, but honestly... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

I was in a clothes shop yesterday, and the stink of a guy working there was unreal. I left quickly, but I pitied his co-workers.

"There you go"
    "Thanks...titter"

Medication time perhaps?

Sorry e, it's usually because I'm thinking of something someone posted in this thread :D

"There he goes again" :rolleyes:

Too late for meds now :p

I used to work with a guy, who at regular intervals throughout the day, would produce a can of Lynx from his desk and spray it under his shirt.....and the next day would do the same thing, under the SAME shirt......vile!!

He used to do this as if it was the most natural thing in the world.

There are no words... Disgusting doesn't even begin to describe that.
    I used to work with someone who sprayed deodorant on, at her desk.
    She was clean, and her clothes were clean, but I never understood why she didn't go out to the toilets to do that.

Areyouwell wrote: »

Agreed. This works any time you encounter a gawker.

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Collections in work.

Before I get castigated and sent to the Stingy thread, the sheer volume bugs me, but a specific one: girl in work has baby, collection for flowers. Second collection for present for baby. I head people giving out about the second collection amount today saying they'd be insulted if they got sent that amount from work colleagues.

No, how about you graciously accept a gift, say thank you and let that be the end of it.

And, to really add to it, some clown said she wouldn't just send a gift for the new baby, that you'd have to get something for its older sibling. Cheesus christ on a bicycle, are you fcking serious?

I'm not wrong here am I?

Baby oil is worse, conjures up memories of dirty nappies, and while it's amazing the way the mind works... sometimes, I wish it wouldn't! :pac:

What are you looking at? :p

Actually, people that do that, you're working away on the laptop or the phone and someone comes in -

"Whatcha looking at? Whatcha laughing at?"

Seriously? I'm not one for being rude to people or telling them to mind their own business, but honestly... :rolleyes:

You're the one being all weird about your screen.... What are you looking at?:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

"There you go"
    "Thanks...titter"

Medication time perhaps?

Sounds like a form of chuckling disease....

and it's spreading

:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement