Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭NotASheeple

I'm too young for this. Where did it all go wrong:confused:

Probably during the ring part...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

whiskeyman wrote: »
    An iron will always de-crease things anyway...

oh god did you really just say that:rolleyes::P

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Thumping headache out of nowhere. *whine*

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

DW88 wrote: »

Bloody Vikings...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

jimgoose wrote: »
    Bloody Vikings...
    I DON'T LIKE SPAM! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Aglomerado wrote: »
    I DON'T LIKE SPAM! :D

Don't make a fuss luv, Ah'll 'ave your Spam, Ah luvvit! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Mudmask

Looking for women's shorts. I'm going away for a couple of days next month and thought I'd get a pair or two. It is nigh on impossible to get a pair of shorts that would cover you, they're all hooha or arse cheeks. I'm in my early 20's and think they're decrepid. Who actually buys them??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Mudmask wrote: »
    Looking for women's shorts. I'm going away for a couple of days next month and thought I'd get a pair or two. It is nigh on impossible to get a pair of shorts that would cover you, they're all hooha or arse cheeks. I'm in my early 20's and think they're decrepid. Who actually buys them??

That and the recent phenomenon that is...jumpsuits :confused: Oh look, a lovely dress....oh, is that a seam up the middle of the skirt? Wait....are those trousers? :( Who in the name of God wears a jumpsuit? Let's not forget the dungarees too...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    That and the recent phenomenon that is...jumpsuits :confused: Oh look, a lovely dress....oh, is that a seam up the middle of the skirt? Wait....are those trousers? :( Who in the name of God wears a jumpsuit? Let's not forget the dungarees too...

Is a jumpsuit different to what I hear referred to as a playsuit? Cause if so, a $hite ton of people have been wearing them in the summer months for years now to be fair. They are the new "Summer dress" to stop the perverts from getting a glimpse on windy days.

Cormac... wrote: »
    Is a jumpsuit different to what I hear referred to as a playsuit? Cause if so, a $hite ton of people have been wearing them in the summer months for years now to be fair. They are the new "Summer dress" to stop the perverts from getting a glimpse on windy days.

Oh possibly they are the same....or maybe I made a mistake and the jumpsuit has long legs.... They're all hideous and I think anyone wearing them is well safe from sexual predators..... Even they have standards :)

• Advertisement

Urgh I just heard some morketing head say, "we'll come back with thoughts on that next week" :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Mudmask

To my shame I almost bought one of these. I call them playsuits, but hate them too. I just wanted shorts so bad, I thought oh I'll just get a playsuit feck it. But even they are quite short. They also come with a predisposition for camel toe!.

My parents gammy fúcking phones. I swear to God I am nearly apoplectic with rage (sorry, "trivially annoyed") having tried both of their phones to convey a simple message to them. "WHA???!!! Can you HEEEEAAAAR me?!!!" - all the while I can hear them just fine, the problem is they can't hear me.... :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

When you're in HMV or Tower records browsing CDs and enjoying the music when some total knob comes in and walks around the shop talking loudly into his phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

My parents gammy fúcking phones. I swear to God I am nearly apoplectic with rage (sorry, "trivially annoyed") having tried both of their phones to convey a simple message to them. "WHA???!!! Can you HEEEEAAAAR me?!!!" - all the while I can hear them just fine, the problem is they can't hear me.... :(

My parents moved house a year or so ago, so now they're a 5 minute walk away from our house. I phoned their landline from my landline a few weeks back and they weren't answering, so I rang my mums mobile instead. When I asked why they hadn't answered the phone she told me they haven't put our landline number into their phonebook on the phone so didn't recognise the number.

Trying to get hold of them in an emergency? Forget it, it'd be quicker to crawl over broken glass than answer their mobiles.:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Speaking of clothes I am TA that coming into summer all the clothes will be drapey. I don't like drapey
    I want fitted light tops damn it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Self obsessed people. Surely you can think of something to talk about apart from yourself?!

Mudmask wrote: »

try sportsdirect.com you might get some nice casual stuff on that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Just seen the cctv footage of yer man in Australia nearly killing his brother with a box. What is wrong with some people? Probably a row about something stupid after a few too many.
    And I bet he won't learn anything from this ordeal either.
    "Ah shur we're only havin da craic"

Idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,113 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Just seen the cctv footage of yer man in Australia nearly killing his brother with a box. What is wrong with some people? Probably a row about something stupid after a few too many.
    And I bet he won't learn anything from this ordeal either.
    "Ah shur we're only havin da craic"

Idiot.

My TA about that is that he is likely to get a jail term.You can clearly see his concern that something is wrong as soon as the brother fell, and it appears to be nothing more than a brotherly spat that had unfortunate consequences. By all accounts, they are as thick as thieves, to such an extent that the whole court case is reputedly affecting the father's health, who doesn't want to leave Australia without both sons.

Now I know there is a severe clamp down on one-punch kills Down Under,but both the accused and the victim have shown nothing but remorse and forgiveness respectively. Deport them to be fecked and leave it at that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I hate the night before a big event. I can't sleep because I can't decide if I am nervous or excited!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

KatW4 wrote: »
    I hate the night before a big event. I can't sleep because I can't decide if I am nervous or excited!

Wedding?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Gwynplaine wrote:
    Wedding?

Nope! I won't say in case it's seen as advertising. Just something that we have been organising for a long time and it's finally on tomorrow :) exciting!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

thread shi1tters. its the equivalent of going to a concert of an artist you don't even like, heckling and throwing rotten fruit and half eaten hot dogs everywhere.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

1st:

Horror/gore thumbnails on the side of youtube videos.

like you want to watch your video and theres a picture link to the right of the screen, of a fvcking mutilated limb or in this case just now of a weird corpse thing.

yeah ok I don't care normally I've seen enough weird sht online, but its fvcking distracting when you're trying to watch a video.

trying to concentrate on something and all I see out the side of my eye is sht thats meant to draw attention put there by some shock/attention grabbing w4nker.

2nd:

Door to door sales came knocking earlier, I said no thanks and they acted like I'd pissed THEM off when the encounter ended.

some things can't be easily expressed through letter or word so I'll just type the following and hope the reader understands:

'djeh-jeh-jeh-how ... I mean'.

went into a newsagent yest on the way home from work and bought 3 items at roughly €1.10 each - shopkeeper said total came to €5.80 - wasn't thinking clearly and handed him €6 then before he gave me my change back I asked him how it was so dear and said it should only be €3 something - he stared to get really ratty with me and said he wasn't wearing his glasses and couldn't see the prices properly and had a go at me asking me what my problem was!!! made me feel like I was in the wrong for asking for the correct price to be charged!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

messrs wrote: »
    went into a newsagent yest on the way home from work and bought 3 items at roughly €1.10 each - shopkeeper said total came to €5.80 - wasn't thinking clearly and handed him €6 then before he gave me my change back I asked him how it was so dear and said it should only be €3 something - he stared to get really ratty with me and said he wasn't wearing his glasses and couldn't see the prices properly and had a go at me asking me what my problem was!!! made me feel like I was in the wrong for asking for the correct price to be charged!

Should have called him a blind, robbing cúnt and walked out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

More than trivially annoyed that I forgot to get milk yesterday. Drinking black coffee and eating dried cheerios is not the best start to the day.
    Pesky bad memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

More than trivially annoyed that I forgot to get milk yesterday. Drinking black coffee and eating dried cheerios is not the best start to the day.
    Pesky bad memory.

That'll learn ya!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

The complete inability of Irish people to use travelators or escalators properly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement