Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

I live about 100m away from a big green with playground and lots of space for kids to play, it's well kept as well and safe. I can see it from my house. Yet where do the neighbours kids play tennis, football, etc.? That's right, they play right outside my driveway on the road. This is not a cul de sac either, a good few cars passing all the time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

Security staff in shops that stare at you. Thought it was part of their training not to make it so obvious?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

overbearing grandparents who undermine first time parents through questioning everything to do with their parenting technique and a general smothering ''I know better'' attitude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I coughed so hard a while ago that a little bit of pee came out.:eek::o:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

Due to public transport issues and other stuff I have loads of trivial annoyances today, but trivially annoyed that I'm way too tired to type them out. Beyond exhausted. Night night :)

• Advertisement

Robsweezie wrote: »
    overbearing grandparents who undermine first time parents through questioning everything to do with their parenting technique and a general smothering ''I know better'' attitude.

You could counter their smugness by telling them that they know better than you because they learned from all the mistakes they made parenting their own kids.:D Not sure it would go down at all well, but hey, it's there if you need it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

Oh a straightforward one - quite trivially annoyed that the bed I'm staying in tonight has only one pillow on it. I'm used to having loads of pillows and hate just having one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Waiting for my boyfriend to finish up work, work which he shouldn't have to do I might add, so that I can go pick him up. I really can't wait for this show to be over. I feel like I don't know him anymore.

Also people who promise things and never see them through or who have clearly just lied to make you happy. You might as well just tell the truth from the beginning.

People who ignore you because you try to help them and then a month later send a message with their news. No hello or how are you.

Finally, people who always have to see the bad in everything.

I'm not in a very good mood which is the worst TA of all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

kfallon wrote: »
    I'm annoyed because I have two parcels at PM but because my card got skimmed over the weekend I have no card to pay them the €3.95 for each so no delivery for me! Got me new PIN this morn, but not the card :(

Btw have you now conquered the fears of PM now? :P

P.S. nobody will get me, nobody!

Got my parcel motel stuff, jeans didn't fit. Pain in the hole. So fed up of not fitting in stuff. I'm going to have to live in leggings and the maternity ones are so expensive!!

You'll probably get the card tomorrow, I lose my cards on a monthly basis :o crap thing to happen though!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Thatllteachya

Twats with beards. I'd say 75% of the trend following idiots know how irritating they look.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

TA: My dad was supposed to call me yesterday. To be perfectly honest, I utterly hate talking to him over the phone as he's prone to long, winding, moaning rants about the economy/his so-called money troubles/ how the whole world is against him/etc. It's exhausting listening to him. Anyways, yesterday was my birthday and since he lives down t'country I don't see him all that often. He sent me a birthday card with €20 in it and I promptly sent him a text to thank him for it, including my email address in case he fancied a chat.
    He texted me back that he'd "ring me later" so I sighed, bracing myself for a no doubt uncomfortable phone call.
    One thing you must understand is that I have a very strained relationship with my father- I haven't actually spoken to or visited him in over a year due to issues that are far from trivially annoying and which I won't mention here but suffice to say, things are awkward between us.
    Regardless, I was dreading the phonecall all evening and ended up getting a bit stressed over it.... only for the fecker to not even bother to call me! I checked my email Inbox and he didn't even mail me.
    I could rant on but I've come to get used to this kind of behavior from him. Can't rely on him for anything. :( :mad:
    I'm more irritated over the fact that spent most of last night stressed, dreading a damn phonecall.
    Urgh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

fiachr_a wrote: »
    Security staff in shops that stare at you. Thought it was part of their training not to make it so obvious?

Whenever this happens, I put on my nicest customer service voice and say, "can I help you with something?". If they say no or start mumbling about doing their job I just say, "oh that's ok, only you seemed very interested in me for some reason".

• Registered Users Posts: 20,178 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Whenever this happens, I put on my nicest customer service voice and say, "can I help you with something?". If they say no or start mumbling about doing their job I just say, "oh that's ok, only you seemed very interested in me for some reason".

They're probably just perving. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

jimgoose wrote: »

Thats an idea, stroll in to the lingerie section, and have a "fooster" around, if he follows, then you can go to the customer service desk and report the "wierdo":D

Disappointing snacks. I bought a pack of roasted salted sunflower seeds yesterday thinking I'd tuck in while watching Greys Anatomy. They were awful, it was like chewing salted cardboard, so they went in the bin.

jimgoose wrote: »

That might have washed a few years ago. Alas I'm a bit barren around the edges these days - it's more likely they think I have a can of beans stuffed down my top :)

Disappointing snacks. I bought a pack of roasted salted sunflower seeds yesterday thinking I'd tuck in while watching Greys Anatomy. They were awful, it was like chewing salted cardboard, so they went in the bin.

Said Pumpkinseeds! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,178 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

...a can of beans stuffed down my top :)

Well if you're going to torture the poor lad... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

When you order a sandwich/roll and and they put something in it that you don't like eg. Cheese or mayo and it ruins the whole thing

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

I hate when people pose with their tongues sticking out. It's not as bad as duck face, but it does look silly and childish.

I can't seem to find trousers, jeans or tracksuit bottoms that are the right length. I either look like Mr Bean or Disco Stu.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

messrs wrote: »
    good few years ago and in a previous job, one Friday - casual day - had my shower and washed my hair before going to work and instead of drying it I tied it up in pigtail plaits (not quiet like pippy longstockings) but just neat and handy - anyway a manger from a diff dept (older man) came over to me in the canteen and told me that with my hair that way I "reminded him of an experience he once had" ive never wore my hair like that since!!

You should have asked him if he still had the wig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

It Annoys me that My Night Personality is a dick to my Morning Personality

Just go to bed at a reasonable time :(

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    I hate when people pose with their tongues sticking out. It's not as bad as duck face, but it does look silly and childish.

I can't seem to find trousers, jeans or tracksuit bottoms that are the right length. I either look like Mr Bean or Disco Stu.

Get the legs taken up, that's mostly what I have to do. I've got short legs, so most trouser legs are too long for me. I blame my dad for my short legs and my mother for my crappy veins. I'm 5'3 my brother is 6'3, go figure.:)

I have the tv on mute but just saw a picture of a rat as part of a clip from some RTE programme called Verminator. Jesus, they're really scraping the bottom of the barrell now. Also I'm petrified of rats and vermin.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I hate blowing my nose in public.
    I hate when after blowing my nose in private and I emerge into a public space, I always think there is a 'bat in the cave' and relentlessly rub my nose.

I got all excited about using my new steam iron for the first time yesterday, then I realised as I was listing off all it's superior features to Mr Pumpkinseeds, how sad my life has become that I'm so happy about a fricking iron. I'm too young for this. Where did it all go wrong:confused:

When listening to a live recording on earphones and the song itself is is at an appropriate volume but when it comes to an end and the applause starts, its deafening :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I got all excited about using my new steam iron for the first time yesterday, then I realised as I was listing off all it's superior features to Mr Pumpkinseeds, how sad my life has become that I'm so happy about a fricking iron. I'm too young for this. Where did it all go wrong:confused:

An iron will always de-crease things anyway...

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

When listening to a live recording on earphones and the song itself is is at an appropriate volume but when it comes to an end and the applause starts, its deafening :(

Worse is when you have the radio on your headphones and the adverts come on at Mega volume.
    1,2,3 dot eye eee will be getting a deafness claim from me one day!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement