Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Drinking so much at the weekend that Monday is made even less bearable because of the depressive comedown, coupled with PMT - I think the amount of enemies I made today has gone into double figures!

Drink more, it always helps.

Nipping out for a pint shortly.

Getting a text yesterday morning from someone of whom I have no recollection of meeting on Saturday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

People who use 'lol' when having a debate online. Drives me nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭ollaetta

I'm gutted that you feel that way :D

I was waiting for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

"Thread closed, pending review."

No it's not. It's not pending anything. Why can't ye just tell the truth so I can unfollow it, instead of maintaining thread vigils?

"Thread savagely beaten into the boot of a Cortina and ****ed over the cliffs of Moher."

Sounds more badass :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Taking a half day and all I getting is smart arse comments.....sure look it if ye weren't lazy ***** and turned up mornings etc....I'm working the same amount of hours as all of ye FFS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Bridge93 wrote: »
    People who use 'lol' when having a debate online. Drives me nuts.

Dont get me started on ROTFL.....very annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

TA that 4 episodes of Game Of Thrones were leaked online and me being an impatient bastard had to watch all 4

Mondays are ruined!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

''let go him you're hurting him!''

''get your hands off me! take your ****in hands off me!''

''shame on you. shame on you''

''im recording dis, im recording dis''

• Registered Users Posts: 28,898 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Robsweezie wrote: »
    ''let go him you're hurting him!''

''get your hands off me! take your ****in hands off me!''

''shame on you. shame on you''

''im recording dis, im recording dis''

Scum of the earth. Every single last one of them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Bronchitis is making me feel queasy. No matter how much ice water, Difflam, panadol or lozenges I use, nothing is easing it off. Hopefully the antibiotics will work soon. So tired of not sleeping.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

major bill wrote: »
    TA that 4 episodes of Game Of Thrones were leaked online and me being an impatient bastard had to watch all 4

Mondays are ruined!!

I resisted and just watched the first episode tonight. But I've read the books so I knew what was coming anyway, well in as much as you can know before they start chopping and changing the episodes from the book.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

People who expect you to plan your life around their kids, as if you don't have a life of your own.

My cousin has 4 kids. Her youngest has his Confirmation on Friday morning. She is monumentally pissed off that her siblings and their spouses will not, or can not take a whole day off work to attend the ceremony and the festivities at her house after wards. When her eldest arrived, people did make an effort to attend the first 1st birthday party and the first Holy Communion Day, First School Play, Prizegiving, Confirmation etc etc ceremonies. But now that she is on kid no 4, people are less pushed about attending, if it means taking a day off work, which is totally understandable. Is she willing to be at all reasonable about this? Is she, my arse ! A couple of them are taking the morning off to be there, but not the whole day, and even that isn't good enough for her.

major bill wrote: »

Mondays are ruined!!

All still to watch and savour.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,303 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

alarm set for 5:30 am.

waking naturally 20 mins before it goes off and not being able to snooze :-(

FFS I WANT THOSE 20 MINS!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

When your at the post office like I just was..

and your sending a parcel via An Post's DHL service, and the poor girl who has never done it before is struggling to figure it all out, and the queue behind me is getting ever bigger. and the guy who's next in line is constantly tutting, and gasping to show his disapproval of the time it's taking the girl to figure out how to correctly use the system.

BECAUSE THATS EXACTLY WHAT SHE NEEDS, AND AS SUCH, SHE'LL GO MUCH QUICKER NOW SHE KNOWS HOW PI$$ED OFF YOU ARE.

Urgh....like wánkers beeping learners who are not quick enough to take off when the lights change. Guess what - if the learner gets stressed and hits the accelerator the car will cut out. Idiots. You'd think they were born knowing how to drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

allowing tea bag to brew in mug....

and forgetting about it until 1/2 hour later.

Goddamnit!!

Urgh....like wánkers beeping learners who are not quick enough to take off when the lights change. Guess what - if the learner gets stressed and hits the accelerator the car will cut out. Idiots. You'd think they were born knowing how to drive.

Yeah, I can not understand how seeing an L plate on another car turns some people into complete morons.

fiachr_a wrote: »
    When you stand for an elevator to arrive on your floor and when its doors open one person inside waits for you to go into the lift before exiting.

:eek::mad::mad:

Like those idiots who stand for a second too long before they get out. You wait for the lift. Allow the doors to open. Give it a few seconds to clear. Go to walk in.....and there is some fúcker walking out. What are they actually doing for those few sconds after the doors open?

galljga1 wrote: »
    Yeah, I can not understand how seeing an L plate on another car turns some people into complete morons.

I used to drive without L plates if I was alone (boo hiss etc) in case I was pulled, and never had any problems from other drivers. If I drove the same way with L plates up, drivers were less tolerant. Funny....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I used to drive without L plates if I was alone (boo hiss etc) in case I was pulled, and never had any problems from other drivers. If I drove the same way with L plates up, drivers were less tolerant. Funny....

Undercover guards should go around with unmarked squad cars with L players.
    The amount of people they'd pull in for tailgating and dangerous overtaking would be a nice money earner!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,178 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

galljga1 wrote: »

Anticipation, awareness, reading the road - all the things that many drivers don't do. If they did, they'd spot the L-plate a couple of hundred yards away, be aware that they're likely to be a little slow, erratic, nervous, etc. All the things they were when they were learning, in fact. They would then be able in good time to give a wide berth, hang back, be a little courteous and patient, and so forth. But they don't do any of the aforementioned, because they have the usual who-but-me Paddy-First mindset that you get around here. I've half-a-mind to put a half-ton or so of concrete in the boot of the Jag (Yank police cruiser style) and go around with L-plates, to do some Educating. :mad:

:D

That is very wrong and you're a very naughty chungwan for doing it, so you are so you are. Having said that I never used L-plates in my life, you might as well stamp "I'm a wet-behind-the-ears newbie, abuse me!!" on your forehead. I feel sorry for the young Fobbling Wedglings these days! :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭veryangryman

jimgoose wrote: »
    I feel sorry for the young Fobbling Wedglings these days! :pac::pac::pac:

Why? We all got the same treatment when we were learners. "Balance"

Why? We all got the same treatment when we were learners. "Balance"

No, I just got into my car and drove the damn thing, without any by-your-leave whatsoever. But I'm old! :pac:

When someone coming from a side road makes a great effort to get out in front of you, accelerates onto your lane...and then slows right down again and you're thinking what was the point of their big hurry.

When someone coming from a side road makes a great effort to get out in front of you, accelerates onto your lane...and then slows right down again and you're thinking what was the point of their big hurry.

A lot of people seem to struggle with the implementation of physics prevailing in this corner of the universe. :pac:

No, I just got into my car and drove the damn thing, without any by-your-leave whatsoever. But I'm old! :pac:

Yup, my aul fella bought his license and taught himself over a weekend. End of story. Certainly didn't have to contend with the level of road rage bullshít that prevails these days.

Yup, my aul fella bought his license and taught himself over a weekend. End of story. Certainly didn't have to contend with the level of road rage bullshít that prevails these days.

Indeed. I just used a provisional for years (bikes and cars) and finally got around to doing the car test in 2004, at the ripe old age of 32! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Indeed. I just used a provisional for years (bikes and cars) and finally got around to doing the car test in 2004, at the ripe old age of 32! :pac:

TA that 'Jim the auld fella' is younger than me. :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement