Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,178 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

TA that 'Jim the auld fella' is younger than me. :(

I'm 129 in Goose years, don't worry about it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Those "quotations" that some people put on their walls. Utterly bile inducing. I like wall art like trees and flowers, but this stuff is just cringeworthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Those "quotations" that some people put on their walls. Utterly bile inducing. I like wall art like trees and flowers, but this stuff is just cringeworthy.

Absolute tripe

Those "quotations" that some people put on their walls.

Deep and meaningful signatures here. Like quotes from philosophers that posters imagine reflects their own thoughts.

Cormac... wrote: »
    Absolute tripe

The one of the bed with "this is where the magic happens" - bilge.

- "magic" - more like farts

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Oh FFS. I hate that claptrap. Stupid meaningless drivel usually by people who are trying to fill the void in their intellect with fluffy rubbish. The FB ones are worse. There was one yesterday in my feed with a photo of a sunflower and an instruction (if you don't mind) - "Make someone happy today" - my fingers were just itching to type "NO" in the comment box :P

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    my fingers were just itching to type "NO" in the comment box :P
    Preceded with a picture of grumpy cat.

Against my better judgment, I googled "annoying platitudes" and am now even more annoyed by trivialities than I was this morning.

* Live each moment like it is your last (well that's not a very pleasant way to live, is it?)

* Money can't buy happiness

* Life doesn't give you things you can't handle

* Time heals all wounds

:mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

jimgoose wrote: »
    No, I just got into my car and drove the damn thing, without any by-your-leave whatsoever. But I'm old! :pac:

Old...away with, ya whippersnapper, afore I box yer ears for you.

Deep and meaningful signatures here. Like quotes from philosophers that posters imagine reflects their own thoughts.

TA'd at mine now. WTF was I even thinking? The world of dreams? What like, sleeping?:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Against my better judgment, I googled "annoying platitudes" and am now even more annoyed by trivialities than I was this morning.

* Live each moment like it is your last (well that's not a very pleasant way to live, is it?)

* Money can't buy happiness

* Time heals all wounds

:mad::mad:

That's right, money can't buy happiness, but it can buy everything else, and you can wear much nicer clothes while you are depressed:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

This brings my pi$$ to a boil.

"I hear so-and-so might have Cancer"
    "Well yeah but sure he's keeping his head down and getting on with it yanno, total gem of a lad, surely last another 40 years he will"

:mad:

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    That's right, money can't buy happiness, but it can buy everything else, and you can wear much nicer clothes while you are depressed:D

Exactly. It's not the money itself that makes you happy, it's the freedom that comes with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

The one of the bed with "this is where the magic happens" - bilge.

- "magic" - more like farts

:D
    You could start a line of alternative wall posters Aglomerado :D. Telling it like it is. Best sellers, I would bet!

I agree re inspirational quotes bilge everywhere. Or even worse, people sending emails, or texts, all flowery sh1te, and if you send this on, such great things will happen. Stop!
    Thankfully, I don't get many, but they TA me if I do get them. Straight into trash...so I never will know if wonderful things would happen if I sent them on. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

I top up, wait patiently for the text that confirms this month's free texts, it comes through and then the message "your balance is now €19.20c" comes up on the screen. What happened to the other 80c?!!

Being tired on a Tuesday. We're not even over the hump of the week yet :(

LynnGrace wrote: »
    :D
    You could start a line of alternative wall posters Aglomerado :D. Telling it like it is. Best sellers, I would bet!

I agree re inspirational quotes bilge everywhere. Or even worse, people sending emails, or texts, all flowery sh1te, and if you send this on, such great things will happen. Stop!
    Thankfully, I don't get many, but they TA me if I do get them. Straight into trash...so I never will know if wonderful things would happen if I sent them on. :pac:

You've got me to a T LynnGrace... I do tend to be direct!!!
    Mine would say:
    "What a load of Utter Scutter".
    "Bilge"
    "Twattery will get you nowhere"
    "Eat, Drink, Puke"

...etc...

TV quiz.

Quizmaster: "What is the capital of Spain?"

Contestant: "Barcelona"

Quizmaster: "Good answer, but I am afraid that's incorrect"

So how can it be a good answer then? If it's wrong, it's a bad answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Crumpets

I just dropped a full ash tray on the floor :(

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    TV quiz.

Quizmaster: "What is the capital of Spain?"

Contestant: "Barcelona"

Quizmaster: "Good answer, but I am afraid that's incorrect"

So how can it be a good answer then? If it's wrong, it's a bad answer.

Well it would have been a lot worse if they had said London!!!

• Advertisement

kfallon wrote: »
    Well it would have been a lot worse if they had said London!!!

How would it be worse?

It would be funnier though:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

People using the word 'psychotic' in a way that is clearly nothing to do with the person experiencing psychosis...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

In advertising speak, When a new & improved version of a product is released upon us, typically hair care or beauty cream

which is it then? new or improved?

if something is new, it is new and therefore couldn't be an improved version of a previous version.
    is something is improved, it is an improved version of an older product, and therefore now new.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Corner shop rip off prices. My throat feels like it's on fire, so I bought a little tub of ice cream, remember the ones you get a little wooden stick to eat? Anyways, 1.65 for one tiny little tub:eek: I didn't even bother taking a stick, maybe I'd feel less cheated if I'd taken it.:D

2nd trivial annoyance is that our local Dunnes doesn't stock Ben and Jerry's frozen yoghurt. I love that stuff, it tastes as good as full fat ice cream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Corner shop rip off prices. My throat feels like it's on fire, so I bought a little tub of ice cream, remember the ones you get a little wooden stick to eat? Anyways, 1.65 for one tiny little tub:eek: I didn't even bother taking a stick, maybe I'd feel less cheated if I'd taken it.:D

2nd trivial annoyance is that our local Dunnes doesn't stock Ben and Jerry's frozen yoghurt. I love that stuff, it tastes as good as full fat ice cream.

And today is free Ben and Jerry's day!

http://www.benjerry.ie/scoop-shops/free-cone-day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

The theme song from Dawson's Creek (I Don't Want to Wait by Paula Cole) popped into my head while I was cleaning the kitchen. I decided to give the whole song a proper listen. I'm annoyed that I never listened to the whole thing before, because it's actually great!! I watched a lyric video of the song on Youtube and the lyrics I had never heard before are really nice. Although, it does make the song a bit of a strange choice for a teen angst drama. I'm annoyed that I actually want to watch the show now! :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

Shops that sell chocolate hobnobs cheaper than ordinary hobnobs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

Coming across a photo on facebook of a long-former colleague who was very annoying and who I couldn't quite stand. Immediately realising that my current psychologist reminds me a lot of this former colleague. Argh, I don't want that association, thanks very much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

TA that Il never be able to have KFC Gravy again after seen how it was made

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Bald guys with big bushy beards. Looks ridiculous.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement