Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Short People Problems

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

I'm vertically challenged too Candie and hate having to get chairs to get to the top presses and other high areas in my house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

KKkitty wrote: »
    I'm vertically challenged too Candie and hate having to get chairs to get to the top presses and other high areas in my house.

There's vertically challenged and then theres Candie at 4'11.
    That's borderline for Disability Payment :P

Smidge wrote: »
    Ah I see, the dust got wet and crusty :D
    No other option than step ladder(avoid the Russian :P). Then before a shower a quick run over the dry lint will keep the beasty under control :)

*unless you want to use the Russian ;)

I think it's stepladder time. At least it's not hammer time. :)

They don't understand our pain KKk, Everyday brings a new, higher, challenge.

On the plus side, I'm perfectly comfortable on 'plane seats and I can sleep in almost any armchair. And people think I'm cute and harmless, even though I'm actually a prolific serial killer. :pac:

There's vertically challenged and then theres Candie at 4'11.
    That's borderline for Disability Payment :P

:eek:

What have I EVER done to you? It's not like I've ever called you Schnozz. Not even once! :pac:

Candie wrote: »
    I think it's stepladder time. At least it's not hammer time. :)

Probably wise :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

I'm double your weight and then some......

Most people are double her weight. She'll fly away one of these days.

:eek:

What have I EVER done to you? It's not like I've ever called you Schnozz. Not even once! :pac:

Unfriends :/

Actually, you have :(:D

I lord it over you from my lofty heights at 5'5 :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,582 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

I can't reach into the back of the supermarket fridge to get the milk,plus, there's nothing to stand on- and I'm 5ft5- very frustrating!

Unfriends :/

Actually, you have :(:D

I lord it over you from my lofty heights at 5'5 :cool:

Sorry Stretch. :)

I didn't, you did though!

I can't reach into the back of the supermarket fridge to get the milk,plus, there's nothing to stand on- and I'm 5ft5- very frustrating!

5ft 5?

I'm trying to summon up some sympathy, but it's not easy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

My god, have I found someone smaller than I am? I'm 4ft 11in, but I don't think I've ever had dangly feet on a loo!

My feet touch the floor if I point my toes, sure. I am 5ft 2, my legs must be extra stumpy.

I look forward to moving home and feeling like I grew a few inches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

5ft 5?

Not small for a female!!! Not small at all!!

Sorry Stretch. :)

I didn't, you did though!

Well, I now accept your offer for the trip to Madrid.
    Pay up and look fresh :p

I have no problem asking more blessed folk in the height dept to reach things for me. They are usually to afraid to refuse the poor deformed individual making the request :eek:

I have no problem asking more blessed folk in the height dept to reach things for me. They are usually to afraid to refuse the poor deformed individual making the request :eek:

You've gotta hand it to short people...

eternal wrote: »
    Most people are double her weight. She'll fly away one of these days.

No, I'm genuinely heavy. My BMI is 28 or something.....between overweight and obese. :pac:

Do you really need help getting things of shelves at 5ft 5? I honestly thought once you were over about 5ft 3 you'd be ok reaching things in everyday life.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Would the tall people not do that? I could coast along underneath, pretending to take some of the weight on my head.
    I've carried a coffin twice in my life and was worried I was going to cause it to fall because I was 5 or 6 inches taller than the next tallest. I had to compensate by lowering the coffin a bit below my shoulder causing it to feel heavier, and also risking the same outcome.

In the first job where I had one of those calendars with a daily saying, on my birthday it said "Stoop as you go through life and you will avoid many hard knocks". I have often hit my head off doorways (when not paying proper attention.).

Not small for a female!!! Not small at all!!

Alright, Dr Seuss :D

Alright, Dr Seuss :D

I consider myself tall at 5'9. I'm female. 5'5, g'way and sh*te, you're not small. Not for a girl anyway.

Most of the time if something I want or need is up too high I forget about it. Not great with high heels either.

• Advertisement

I consider myself tall at 5'9. I'm female. 5'5, g'way and sh*te, you're not small. Not for a girl anyway.

I was referring to your rhyming skills and not you grabbing all of the inches skills :p

Do you really need help getting things of shelves at 5ft 5? I honestly thought once you were over about 5ft 3 you'd be ok reaching things in everyday life.

Some shops are worse for it than others. Dunnes shelves are not too bad.
    Tesco?
    Feck off top shelves :mad:

I think 5" 5' is average for Irish women, isn't it?

I didn't think of myself as really short til I got here, tbh. I suppose I seem shorter because I spend most of my time around men. I work with one chap who is 6"7'. When we go outside for a smoke, people take pictures :(

I was referring to your rhyming skills and not you grabbing all of the inches skills :p

I'm a poet and I didn't even know it!! :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

No, I'm genuinely heavy. My BMI is 28 or something.....between overweight and obese. :pac:

I'm a size 16 but sure it's all boobs I tell myself and no ass.

Most of the time if something I want or need is up too high I forget about it. Not great with high heels either.

No, I don't do the high heels too often either. I surf the lower shelves, the high ones might as well be on the surface of the moon as far as I'm concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,582 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

5ft 5?

am not looking for sympathy, am looking for a fooking smaller fridge!

You're a looker all the same though.

eternal wrote: »
    I'm a size 16 but sure it's all boobs I tell myself and no ass.

I'm a size 12.

I have ass.....a lot of ass. I have enough boobs and loads a bellay. :D

• Advertisement

No, I don't do the high heels too often either. I surf the lower shelves, the high ones might as well be on the surface of the moon as far as I'm concerned.

Why must life taunt us this way :(

Advertisement