Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Short People Problems

Options
  • 15-03-2015 12:59am

There is an extractor vent in my bathroom that badly needs cleaning, and every time I walk in the bathroom the caked dust mocks me with it's inaccessibility. I can reach it with a mop (just), but it doesn't clean it thoroughly. What I really need is to get up in it's grill and wipe it out properly, as the dirt is compromising it's efficacy. The three-step ladder I have isn't up to the job. I don't want to buy a stepladder just to clean a vent, but it's looking likely. I know a very tall Russian who might help but my short person pride, and a fear of being in his debt, prevent me from asking.

Last week I couldn't reach the ice-cream I wanted in the supermarket, and as a direct result of this lack of medicinal chocolate and sugar, my PMS went through the roof and I went on a killing rampage. Or at least I wanted to. Anyway, I told someone to shut up, which is nearly as bad.

Any AH'ers with small person problems? Or tall person problems? Or ideas for cleaning inaccessible extractor fans?

The first person who pitches up with the short man/overweight woman thing will get a smack of my mop. No negative gender stuff please, for once.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

Not getting on the rides in Disneyland.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Women won't date me.

AND IT'S NOTHING TO DO WITH MY PERSONALITY, YA HEAR!!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭wretcheddomain

Tends to be the phenomena we see with obese women - the ones who keep farting and clogging up extractor fans - and then they have the brass neck to complain about cleaning it.

robman60 wrote: »

I'm not allowed on the big rollercoaster in Alton Park. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭rabwaygal

A lot of things go over their heads?

• Advertisement

Tends to be the phenomena we see with obese women - the ones who keep farting and clogging up extractor fans - and then they have the brass neck to complain about cleaning it.

I'm 41kg, I'm lucky I'm not sucked out the extractor fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Sometimes you have to hand it to short people cos they just can't reach it.

Earthhorse wrote: »
    Women won't date me.

AND IT'S NOTHING TO DO WITH MY PERSONALITY, YA HEAR!!! :mad:

It's probably more to do with the hunchback and the claws, tbf.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭knickerbocker

Pallbearer.......... carry all the weight!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

They are all the same height lying down

• Advertisement

Pallbearer.......... carry all the weight!

Would the tall people not do that? I could coast along underneath, pretending to take some of the weight on my head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Desolation Of Smug

Sheep lover will be along in a minute with a long list...or a short list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

Frank Drebin - "Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes."

• Registered Users Posts: 9,690 ✭✭✭buried

The benifits outweigh the problems. Having a low centre of gravity means you can easily and stealthily get the f**k out of dodge in any situation where the dodge is going on. Tall things get attacked on a constant basis, look what happened the twin towers

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 79 ✭✭lavdad

robman60 wrote: »

Not getting the ride in clubs if you're under 5'10. :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

In one out of every three jacks in the Netherlands, my feet don't touch the floor.

In one out of every three jacks in the Netherlands, my feet don't touch the floor.

My god, have I found someone smaller than I am? I'm 4ft 11in, but I don't think I've ever had dangly feet on a loo!

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭Alexis Sanchez

Candie wrote: »
    My god, have I found someone smaller than I am? I'm 4ft 11in, but I don't think I've ever had dangly feet on a loo!

Have you been to Holland? Average height there is around 6 foot. It's 5' 10" in Ireland.

Have you been to Holland? Average height there is around 6 foot. It's 5' 10" in Ireland.

Yes I've been to Holland, but I never met a toilet that high. The Dutch are tall alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Am I allowed to do this? (In this PC age)

No offence intended to Shorties, honest!

• Advertisement

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    Am I allowed to do this? (In this PC age)

My boss sings that the odd time, when he sees me trying to get something off one of the top shelves in our reference room.

He calls me The House Elf. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

Ask the tall Russian fella to clean it OP.

When he's done relax and run yourself a nice hot sink.

Don't make a hobbit of it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

I keep an empty crate behind my bar so I can reach the glasses on the upper shelves. :(

Ask the tall Russian fella to clean it OP.

I would but his name is Vladimir and he's known as Vlad the Impaler, the possibilities are scary.
    When he's done relax and run yourself a nice hot sink.

Don't make a hobbit of it though.

Meany :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Use the cordless hoover :)

With the brush attachment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

I'm 41kg, I'm lucky I'm not sucked out the extractor fan.

I'm double your weight and then some......

• Registered Users Posts: 9,690 ✭✭✭buried

Adyx wrote: »
    I keep an empty crate behind my bar so I can reach the glasses on the upper shelves. :(

That just shows you've got a high level of problem solving intelligence which is endemic amongst us little folk

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

Smidge wrote: »
    Use the cordless hoover :)

With the brush attachment

I can't L, the steam has crusted the stuff on and nothing I can swipe it with is moving it. You know what I'm like, it's driving me mad!

I'm double your weight and then some......

You're also twice my height!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

I can't L, the steam has crusted the stuff on and nothing I can swipe it with is moving it. You know what I'm like, it's driving me mad!

Ah I see, the dust got wet and crusty :D
    No other option than step ladder(avoid the Russian :P). Then before a shower a quick run over the dry lint will keep the beasty under control :)

*unless you want to use the Russian ;)

Advertisement