Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish celebrities who suddenly vanished out of the spotlight

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

Different show-that was 'The Farm', no relation to the RTE show 'Celebrity Farm'.

'Celebrity Farm' was famous for being the most painful things RTE has ever produced.

'The Farm' is most famous for Rebecca Loos masturbating a pig.
    Well, C5 is rebooting "The Farm".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,299 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Well, C5 is rebooting "The Farm".

So swine masturbation all round then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭Radio5

What was the reality one where they were supposed to be running a hotel?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,499 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Different show-that was 'The Farm', no relation to the RTE show 'Celebrity Farm'.

'Celebrity Farm' was famous for being the most painful things RTE has ever produced.

'The Farm' is most famous for Rebecca Loos masturbating a pig.

Both licences of the same format

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Radio5 wrote: »
    What was the reality one where they were supposed to be running a hotel?

Fáilte Towers

• Advertisement

Fáilte Towers

What's her face was on that-Jennifer McGuire.

Apparently, when she got kicked out, someone in the audience said something along the lines of 'I'll be glad to see that c**t gone'..or similar.

She was crying at her eviction, but not because of her eviction-she heard the comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Drifter50

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    He's on the Sean O'Rourke show on RTE Radio 1 at least once a week!

Paddy O`Gorman who does the Court reporting slot on all sorts of misdeameanors and unfortunate stuff. Did`nt think it was the same guy, are you sure

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

The hosts of the RTE programme Mono. A lady of Indian extraction, she pretty much disappeared after. Other host was a Nigerian guy who went on to sue Roddy Doyle over a play they'd collaborated on.

The hosts of the RTE programme Mono. A lady of Indian extraction, she pretty much disappeared after. Other host was a Nigerian guy who went on to sue Roddy Doyle over a play they'd collaborated on.

I remember the Indian lady also hosted on The Health Squad with Sheana Keane, and used to pop up on The Works with John Kelly.

I didn't know about the guy co-writing that Roddy Doyle play. Was that 'Guess who's coming for the Dinner?'

I googled Shalini Sinha, she's a life coach now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭El Tarangu

Drifter50 wrote: »
    Paddy O`Gorman who does the Court reporting slot on all sorts of misdeameanors and unfortunate stuff. Did`nt think it was the same guy, are you sure

For sure it is him; I would recognise his insufferable patronising schtick anywhere.

• Advertisement

I remember the Indian lady also hosted on The Health Squad with Sheana Keane, and used to pop up on The Works with John Kelly.

I didn't know about the guy co-writing that Roddy Doyle play. Was that 'Guess who's coming for the Dinner?'

I googled Shalini Sinha, she's a life coach now.

It was a modern day adaptation of Playboy Of The Western World, Bisi Adigun is the former Mono host who sued Roddy Doyle, that legal case was dragging on for a number of years.

Who was that bearded Irish speaking guy who used to do some kind of Irish language youth show in the 80's. Think he used to wear hawaian type shirts. Not Sean Ban whatshisface or Angus Mcanally.

It was a modern day adaptation of Playboy Of The Western World, Bisi Adigun is the former Mono host who sued Roddy Doyle, that legal case was dragging on for a number of years.

Pocketed 600 grand out of that case-wow, wonder if this is why Roddy Doyle lost popularity?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=401sLai75EU

Pocketed 600 grand out of that case-wow, wonder if this is why Roddy Doyle lost popularity?

That link is about a comic book character called Squirrel Girl :confused:

That link is about a comic book character called Squirrel Girl :confused:

Hi, my name's Rabblerouser, and I'm an idiot... (I'm also a comic book fan, and especially DC and Marvel,but the latter is producing some terrible comics right now). I was discussing stuff with a friend on facebook messenger, and sent him that link-thought I'd cleared my clipboard, but obviously, I hadn't.

This was the link I was meant to post.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/abbey-to-pay-600-000-in-dispute-over-play-copyright-1.1255531

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭El Tarangu

Yes, I believe Roddy Doyle's ill-advised foray into squirrel comics didn't do anything for his popularity, alright...

El Tarangu wrote: »
    Yes, I believe Roddy Doyle's ill-advised foray into squirrel comics didn't do anything for his popularity, alright...

It was just like he lost the plot really--I mean, squirrels?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Where is Don Conroy and Geri May from the Den?

Don Conroy was MCing at a cartoon festival in Rathdrum the other Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Anyone remember "darling" of Barry Egan & The Sunday Independent set, the rugby-player-only-dating

lady who'd turn up to the opening of an envelope, perma-pout "Dr." (she was technically a dentist) Danielle Meagher, who dubbed herself Dr. Botox and landed a spot on TV3 car crash show "Dublin Housewives" and later Celebrity Big Brother in the UK (when the head of TV3 moved to Channel 5). She even changed her surname to Marr for CBB to help her new fans in the UK with the pronunciation of her name - I'm sure they're all still talking about her. :rolleyes:

danielle-meagher

• Advertisement

Geri May seems to be on that Winning Streak show anytime I have the misfortune to land on it whilst channel surfing.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,837 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Roddy Doyle has a weekly feature in the magazine in the Saturday Independent. Kinda written from the perspective of the Da in one of his novels. I try to read it occasionally but it's a bit too stream of consciousness for me.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Anyone remember "darling" of Barry Egan & The Sunday Independent set, the rugby-player-only-dating

lady who'd turn up to the opening of an envelope, perma-pout "Dr." (she was technically a dentist) Danielle Meagher, who dubbed herself Dr. Botox and landed a spot on TV3 car crash show "Dublin Housewives" and later Celebrity Big Brother in the UK (when the head of TV3 moved to Channel 5). She even changed her surname to Marr for CBB to help her new fans in the UK with the pronunciation of her name - I'm sure they're all still talking about her. :rolleyes:

danielle-meagher

No I don't remember her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

Wow! A taxpayer funded production at a taxpayer funded festival that then went to a taxpayer funded theatre.
    They all fall out and essentially the taxpayer is left to offer a settlement and pay the legal costs for both sides.
    Only in Ireland:mad:

No I don't remember her.

I'm jealous. I wish I didn't remember her.

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Roddy Doyle has a weekly feature in the magazine in the Saturday Independent. Kinda written from the perspective of the Da in one of his novels. I try to read it occasionally but it's a bit too stream of consciousness for me.

Money for old rope-he had a facebook page where he did the same thing. Even his 'obits and tributes' were stream of conscious, like two guys in a pub. Dreadful.

I think he knows he's a relic of the 90s.
    I'm jealous. I wish I didn't remember her.

I'm blessed-I don't remember her either.
    Geri May seems to be on that Winning Streak show anytime I have the misfortune to land on it whilst channel surfing.

Hasn't been on Winning Streak for years-got 'salty' / 'b!tchy'/ 'jealous' or something of a cute girl from the gaeltacht...and was subsequently fired.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Money for old rope-he had a facebook page where he did the same thing. Even his 'obits and tributes' were stream of conscious, like two guys in a pub. Dreadful.

Hasn't been on Winning Streak for years-got 'salty' / 'b!tchy'/ 'jealous' or something of a cute girl from the gaeltacht...and was subsequently fired.

She must have been getting presenting tips from Blathnaid ni Caffeine.
    They should have given her job to Caitlín, she seemed lovely (and very photogenic).

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭horseofstone

Roz seems to have disappeared ,haven't seen her in a while.

She must have been getting presenting tips from Blathnaid ni Caffeine.
    They should have given her job to Caitlín, she seemed lovely (and very photogenic).

Sinead Kennedy isn't bad on the eye-certainly goods good in leather pants or the short dress she wore on the xmas show...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fpr8RSksOSg

Yeah, Caitlin was some stunner...so it obviously triggered Geri.

Geri is the woman more famous for getting dumped by Ray D'arcy, a fella wot used to be on The Apprentice, and finally marrying Peter Collins-but not the sports fellow, rather another Peter.

• Advertisement

I'd be shocked if it was years since I saw it but she wasn't the main presenter - it was the segment where they play "Where the lotto money is going" and show some GAA club down the country getting floodlights or some shoyte like that.

It's IMPOSSIBLE to get fired from RTE btw. :D Any evidence of this? I'm genuinely interested!

Yeah Caitlín was not your average Winning Streak contestant!

Advertisement