Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish celebrities who suddenly vanished out of the spotlight

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,299 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Has Eddie Irvine disappeared? The fella who was a racecar driver, but was more interested in getting the ladies than he was the cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Has Eddie Irvine disappeared? The fella who was a racecar driver, but was more interested in getting the ladies than he was the cars.

Irv has taken up property speculation.

• Site Banned Posts: 78 ✭✭johnnyyesno

Ann Marie Hourihane. She used to be on Nighthawks and featured on a lot of TV panel discussions in the late 80's/90's. Very sexy and smart woman.

168675.jpg

Ann Marie Hourihane. She used to be on Nighthawks and featured on a lot of TV panel discussions in the late 80's/90's. Very sexy and smart woman.

168675.jpg

Writes for the Irish Mail on Sunday-used to write for the Irish Times too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Siobhán Cleary was a presenter on RTE back in the 90s and probably beyond. Did a medical programme called Check Up. Was on Evening Extra too I think. Haven't seen her on screen with years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,499 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Siobhán Cleary was a presenter on RTE back in the 90s and probably beyond. Did a medical programme called Check Up. Was on Evening Extra too I think. Haven't seen her on screen with years.

https://www.rte.ie/radio1/miriam-meets/programmes/2010/1226/348364-261210/

"Siobhan has changed careers to become an executive coach."

So she's been gone for quite a while then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

Stephen Gately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

AnneFrank wrote: »
    Stephen Gately

RIP

A bit obscure, but not so much a celeb as a 'known face'. A stripper named 'Billie Gean'-the last name pronounced 'Jean'.
    She popped up in Amanda Brunker's show 'The Dinner Party', then popped up on Tv3 a few times as a 'auditioned for Big Brother'...she never got selected.

The last time I saw her, she was on Podge and Rodge-as the selection choice in their quiz-'Which one of these people had a one off with Mick Hucknall?'.

Wasn't too bright, obviously, and had a self-admitted boob job. Wonder what she did once she got too old for stripping?

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭justincasey

I know her from old... last know to be training as a riding instructor..oh the irony

• Advertisement

I know her from old... last know to be training as a riding instructor..oh the irony

Oh boy...that joke writes itsself.

I looked her up, and found a few things. She was studying Fashion before that, and then ended up in court for stubbing a cigarette out on a woman's face. Might have gotten her kicked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Any pics of this Billie Gean?

Asking for a friend.....:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Andy Ruane

seachto7 wrote: »
    Andy Ruane

Heard a story he got rich off the back of selling the rights to "The Lyrics Board" worldwide. Not sure how true that is or isn't.....but he used to annoy the h*le off me with his "MEGA" catchphrase.

Last I heard he was involved in TV in the US. Again no idea how true that is and can't be arsed checking. I've wasted too much time on this subject already!

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭justincasey

Any pics of this Billie Gean?

Asking for a friend.....:pac:
    Check out billie jean finn confessions of a lap dancer pics

Check out billie jean finn confessions of a lap dancer pics

Ah jaysis.....

billiegean

Ah jaysis.....

She's rougher since-that image is over ten years old.

Her book is on amazon...and you can preview the first few pages.

https://www.amazon.com/Confessions-Secret-Lapdancer-Billiegean-Finn/dp/1434387364

It was written ten years ago, but it seems she stuffed things up pretty badly, had more than her fair share of running into the law-social welfare fraud for example, and that was before the stripping. Kicked out of school at 13 too.

https://www.independent.ie/regionals/goreyguardian/news/female-burned-in-face-with-cigarette-by-another-woman-27333909.html

Heard a story he got rich off the back of selling the rights to "The Lyrics Board" worldwide. Not sure how true that is or isn't.....but he used to annoy the h*le off me with his "MEGA" catchphrase.

Last I heard he was involved in TV in the US. Again no idea how true that is and can't be arsed checking. I've wasted too much time on this subject already!

Yeah, sold 'The Lyrics Board' abroad-then repackaged it as 'Sing!' and sold it to Rte again, this time aimed at young kids. (RTE only did one series of it-Brian Ormond presented it-glad he disappeared after his Viper debacle).

Andy Ruane was a stage name, believe he was Andrew Coffey or something. I googled his company, Like it Love it productions-they had divisions in Ireland and the Uk, and the UK division has dissolved.
    (In 2016) https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/03318036

The homepage of the website is a mess, a digital gravesite.
    Andy tried setting up an online website (Ireland Live) that would cater to Irish Americans, as in Irish people living in the USA, with a 20 million euro investment. That was in 2005, the following year that division of the company was shut down due to debts.
    So now I'm wondering he's just retired or whatever.

Ireland Live started before 2005. Killed by dialup internet before it started yet they still burnt all that cash running a service nobody could use

It no doubt started before it, but the news article I read was from 2005. No surprise, with our s****y internet service then that the recession hit so soon afterwards.

Weird all these companies that started to try and 'sell Irish' to Irish people abroad...they all folded in a very short spell of time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭El Tarangu

Weird all these companies that started to try and 'sell Irish' to Irish people abroad...they all folded in a very short spell of time.

In fact, when I read about this yesterday, I came to the opposite conclusion - that Ireland Live's timing was just a little off. Your man Niall O'Dowd seems to do ok with Irish Central.

El Tarangu wrote: »
    In fact, when I read about this yesterday, I came to the opposite conclusion - that Ireland Live's timing was just a little off. Your man Niall O'Dowd seems to do ok with Irish Central.

I think much of it comes down to too many places do the 'this is what Irish people' want to see-similar to UTV Ireland, or that Irish channel that's gone bust.

There's a distinct lack of ideas as to what people want.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 DutchGoldblum

Georgia Salpa

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Toni the Exotic Dancer, you used to see badly photocopied flyers for her show at The Lower Deck stuck up around the city.
    NSFW (in an RTE clip from 1986!)
    http://www.rte.ie/archives/2016/1129/835226-toni-exotic-dancer/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Duke Special

Also has a concert coming up in May. Saw him mentioned in an interview with John Kelly a few weeks back.

https://www.dukespecial.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Dermot O'Neill, gardener, used to have his own programmes on Rte.

Dermot O'Neill, gardener, used to have his own programmes on Rte.

https://www.carlowgardentrail.com/event/dermot-o-neill-rathwood-23rd-july-2017/

Still going strong, survived a really aggressive form of cancer, and fair dues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,512 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

where is duncan steward these days

Advertisement