Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish celebrities who suddenly vanished out of the spotlight

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Sandie101

Samantha mumba whatever happened to her she was in some big Hollywood movie then vanished

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

Sandie101 wrote: »
    Samantha mumba whatever happened to her she was in some big Hollywood movie then vanished

She’s spending all her time trying to get her little dancing brother a gig.

She was doing ya man Sisqo when he had The Thong Song

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Oai1V7kaFBk

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

Sandie101 wrote: »

The last two or three pages detail her non career.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Caroline Morahan?
    What happened to her LA ambitions?

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭George White

She played Merida's mother in Once Upon A Time, I think making herself welcome in Hollywood cos they love to cast Irish as Brits.

• Advertisement

Played Actress #3 in the recent Last Tycoon. I remember the first thing she did in the US was a Doctor Who FANFILM! Yes, really.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,299 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

She played Merida's mother in Once Upon A Time, I think making herself welcome in Hollywood cos they love to cast Irish as Brits.

And Victoria Smurfit was cast as Cruella DeVille-and then charged 25 quid for her signature. In sterling, not euros.

They all do that at cons, but Smurfit's always been an unlikeable presence.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,937 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Managed to sit thru about 30 seconds of his TV show....belongs in the Worst Irish comedians thread....he did play a pizzeria in Tralee a few times though fyi

What?

They all do that at cons, but Smurfit's always been an unlikeable presence.
    True, and true
    But not all those con people have multi millionaire dads. She has always been unlikable, hasn't she? It's one of those unexplainable things, isn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Don Kiddick

What?

Did I stutter?

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭justincasey

Don conroy painter guy off the den and kevin sharky was a regular on nighthawks

Don Conroy is still around, he often pops up giving art advice and so on.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/lifestyle/healthandlife/parenting/acclaimed-artist-don-conroy-says-the-joy-of-creativity-is-in-the-action-421166.html

Sharkey was on Claire Byrne a few months back (two or three, I believe). He's broke, and was proceeding to promote a 'help the IRish out first, the the non-Irish' and included himself in the non Irish, like some kind of scale.

It was really bizarre, tbh.

RTE Secret Producer.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

Kevin Sharky pops up from time to time in the news usually as a result of going bankrupt or some legal issues. No idea what Don Conroy is up to these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭El Tarangu

Sharkey was on Claire Byrne a few months back (two or three, I believe). He's broke, and was proceeding to promote a 'help the IRish out first, the the non-Irish' and included himself in the non Irish, like some kind of scale.

It was really bizarre, tbh.

- he seems to be keeping his profile up amongst his Czech audience, anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

RTE Secret Producer.
    I was wondering where they went the other day.... I don't know much about the producer that's up in court in England but any possibility it's him?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Hannibal wrote: »
    RTE Secret Producer.
    I was wondering where they went the other day.... I don't know much about the producer that's up in court in England but any possibility it's him?
    Omg. Omg. Wtf !

• Registered Users Posts: 20,937 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

ha that's actually a good point. on one hand you'd think they had something to say but then again it's a very sensitive issue too. however i'd say his age profile and style doesn't match the language used in their tweets.

He has posted after the whole Creaven thing.
    Is it just me or does Creaven look like a balder, less cheery/avuncular version of Mick Foster of Foster and Allen?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,499 ✭✭✭✭L1011

They may have realised that saying stuff everyone who wanted to know knew already wasn't very exciting :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

ha that's actually a good point. on one hand you'd think they had something to say but then again it's a very sensitive issue too. however i'd say his age profile and style doesn't match the language used in their tweets.
    Age profile is true but maybe it's a collection of anecdotes so it's not narrowed down to one person.
    Look at the Secret Footballer, it took years for him to be narrowed down to Dave Kitson.

Oh my god..my though exactly..
    Den den deeeennnn...

Oh my god..my though exactly..
    Den den deeeennnn...

Not him, he was posting long after Creaven was arrested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

Brendan Kilkenny

Brendan Kilkenny

Remember when he turned up on some show called the Salon, I think? It was British,,a reality tv show, and he had the most horrific toenails you ever saw.

Almost made the poor pedicurist vomit.

Apparently has a twitter. Dunno if its legit tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,017 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Fr. Neil Horan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Fr. Neil Horan.

I think the kindest thing for everyone would be to take away his passport. It is sanctuary the poor man needs. A terrible tragedy.

I think the kindest thing for everyone would be to take away his passport. It is sanctuary the poor man needs. A terrible tragedy.

Wasn't he defrocked? He's just Neil Horan now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Wasn't he defrocked? He's just Neil Horan now.

You can defrock him in the morning but he still is retaining the title of a religious Father. It would have been simple and kinder just to deny him a passport as he is "a danger to himself and other people" (See Silverstone).

Thats another Irish Celebrity Priest you dont hear much about ? Fr. Pat Ryan Father Pat Ryan.

Took out 2 MI-6 agents and made off with 200 timing devices ....

Advertisement