Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish celebrities who suddenly vanished out of the spotlight

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Hozier.
    Did someone finally take him to church?

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 15,425 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Hozier.
    Did someone finally take him to church?

New album recorded and to be released around may. Big things expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

New album recorded and to be released around may. Big things expected.

That's good to hear. I was starting to file him under the One Hit Wonder category.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 8,299 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

That's good to hear. I was starting to file him under the One Hit Wonder category.

Allegedly dating Saoirse Ronan, too. Tho neither discuss it.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭justincasey

Don conroy painter guy off the den and kevin sharky was a regular on nighthawks

Don Conroy is still around, he often pops up giving art advice and so on.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/lifestyle/healthandlife/parenting/acclaimed-artist-don-conroy-says-the-joy-of-creativity-is-in-the-action-421166.html

Sharkey was on Claire Byrne a few months back (two or three, I believe). He's broke, and was proceeding to promote a 'help the IRish out first, the the non-Irish' and included himself in the non Irish, like some kind of scale.

It was really bizarre, tbh.
    Kevin back on claire byrne show sporting an I am racist t-shirt !! Ok ..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

You don't hear much from Georgia Salpa these days. I remember when she was on Big Brother in 2012.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,353 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

You don't hear much from Georgia Salpa these days. I remember when she was on Big Brother in 2012.

she married a millionaire. Job done.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

Kevin back on claire byrne show sporting an I am racist t-shirt !! Ok ..

I remember Kevin Sharkey disappeared off the radar for a while in the latter half of the 80's after he left RTE then circa 1989 or 1990 he popped up on the Late Late Show in that section where Gaybo used to feature people who were showing their inventions and trying to get companies to sponser them. I think his featured thing was a cd player but not 100% sure. It was something music related anyway. Seem to remember him saying that he was living in Japan at the time or had just returned.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Where did Dervla Kirwan the actress go? She was doing well for herself at one stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭George White

She's become a sort of character actress. Took a break for a while, but started to put up in things again in the last year.

• Advertisement

She's become a sort of character actress. Took a break for a while, but started to put up in things again in the last year.

Her imdb page is pretty busy.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0457062/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

Last I heard of Fr Neil Horan, he had been arrested in Germany for some pro nazi protests and his brothers were trying to get him out of jail...this was at least a year ago not heard a peep since

Last I heard of Fr Neil Horan, he had been arrested in Germany for some pro nazi protests and his brothers were trying to get him out of jail...this was at least a year ago not heard a peep since

He's got a twitter--talking about a blood sacrifice...it's pretty darn disturbing. I'm not linking to it.

He's got a twitter--talking about a blood sacrifice...it's pretty darn disturbing. I'm not linking to it.

Blood sacrifice or blood libel? Blood Libel is a real nazi thing. PM me a link to his twitter please.

Blood sacrifice or blood libel? Blood Libel is a real nazi thing. PM me a link to his twitter please.

Blood sacrifice. PM sent.

Blood sacrifice. PM sent.

cheers. Nutty stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

That is just a sadcase. The kindest thing to do for everyone involved would be to " suspend his passport". I know a poor family in similar but not high profile circumstances. Everytime they have to pay to get their daughter back from some arse end of the world and worry about her safety.

"......... as she is neither a danger to herself or others there is nothing we can do". Gardai

• Registered Users Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭Radio5

Seamus Gubbins -played the baddie Ray Mullen in Emmerdale at the start of the 2000's. Never saw him in anything since. I believe he was from Limerick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

Radio5 wrote: »
    Seamus Gubbins -played the baddie Ray Mullen in Emmerdale at the start of the 2000's. Never saw him in anything since. I believe he was from Limerick.
    He was arreated in 2014 for running a cannabis factory.

He was arreated in 2014 for running a cannabis factory.

And his wasn't his first time.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/ex-emmerdale-actor-seamus-gubbins-7231547

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭ballsdeep69

Bauldy mc donagh

Bauldy mc donagh

Who?

Dickie Rocks son who was in a boyband, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Dickie Rocks son who was in a boyband, I think.

Boyzone, albeit for a short time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭George White

Richard Rock, he also represented Ireland in the short-lived Eurovision Dance Contest, and alongside Eileen Reid's daughter formed a showbands tribute.

Richard Rock, he also represented Ireland in the short-lived Eurovision Dance Contest, and alongside Eileen Reid's daughter formed a showbands tribute.

Did he represent Ireland tho? I think he was in the 'eurosong' final of that competition, but didn't win

Was pretty open about his drug problems, though hard not to be when it was splashed all over the papers. His sister was involved in em as well.
    Wasn't he touring as a tribute act to his dad?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭branie2

He was

• Registered Users Posts: 15,425 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Is dickie still touring? Haven’t seen him on tv for a good while. He was a regular on the LLS for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,991 ✭✭✭✭flazio

That presenter Caroline Morohan doesn't seem to be on air much anymore.

• Advertisement

Is dickie still touring? Haven’t seen him on tv for a good while. He was a regular on the LLS for years.

Yep, was on living with Lucy last year. Still recording too.

Advertisement