Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRISH URBAN LEGENDS you heard

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,670 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

shamrock55 wrote: »
    This is true, it happened to a lad in cork city a few years back, needless to say the wedding was called off

Why needless to say? Bride to be was a homophobe?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

McGaggs wrote: »
    Why needless to say? Bride to be was a homophobe?

Eh no, it was the lad who got raped called it off

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭ViveLaVie

The story about some hapless Irish kid/old couple spending their first time in New York. Get into elevator in hotel. An imposing black man is in the lift with them. He looks a man not to be trifled with. He says "hit the floor" and they immediately fall to the ground and put their hands over their heads. He roars laughing and presses the floor button. Asks their names. When they go to pay for their stay they are told one Will Smith already paid their bill.

Heard it loads of times in different variations. A girl used it as her red chair story on Graham Norton recently which was pure cheating!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

Regardless of any racial preconceptions one might have, who the f*ck is going to be intimidated by Will Smith? At least make the story somewhat plausible lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swimming in a sea

Custardpi wrote: »
    Regardless of any racial preconceptions one might have, who the f*ck is going to be intimidated by Will Smith? At least make the story somewhat plausible lads!

his ears might scare you or his inoffensive rap might bore you to death

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

What about not swimming for an hour after eating?

Me ma used to swear by it but when I told people from other countries, I just got laughed at.
    That's not just an Irish thing. Stephen Fry debunked it as untrue on an episode of QI so we probably inherited it from 'them across the sea'.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Irelandcool

In glengarra wood and Galtee forest there is a legend of black panther or cougar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

Yeah those older Tipperary ladies can be pretty wild alright!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dog of Tears

The guy in school who got a wedgie and was found to be wearing women's underwear.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Mick55

I heard... that they Eat Da Poo Poo...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,852 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Roma and Romanians are one and the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Apparently American's are easily convinced that there are no Tuesdays in Ireland.
    ? Sorry can you explain that for me, I don't get it ?

I have heard several claims that a group of American tourists were convinced that there were no Tuesdays in Ireland and we have a 6 day week. I know this is an idiotic story and is obviously made up but people have often tried to claim it's true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Trinity student during the 1990s goes to doctor complaining about nausea and a sore bunghole in the morning. Turns out his roommate was drugging and raping him while he was unconscious.

How many people have you met who knows the Garda called to Ronan Keating's house?

haha I heard the same bollix story but with a lad staying in UCG ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭NormalBob Ubiquitypants

Americans driving around the country in 1st gear because they didn't know how to work a manual car.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭BillJ

I have heard several claims that a group of American tourists were convinced that there were no Tuesdays in Ireland and we have a 6 day week. I know this is an idiotic story and is obviously made up but people have often tried to claim it's true.

I know you won't believe me but myself and my friends did this to a group of teenagers on our j1!

No wednesdays and we had 28 hour days, a religious thing in Ireland, they were particularly gullible people

• Registered Users Posts: 15,852 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

The Blarney stone is p*ssed and puked on by the drunken locals on a regular basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭Simi

A girl told me this one in college. She was at house party at home at the weekend and there was a girl who was quite drunk who went into a bedroom with a guy. Sometime later the guy returns to the party and says something along the lines of 'She's out cold'. Sometime later everyone at the party hears screaming coming from the room and runs to the room, they flick on the light and the girl looks up in horror at her own brother trying to force himself on her.

I think my friend placed herself in the story to add credibility, not realizing the implications of being at an incestuous rape party in her home county of Mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Aldi and Lidl are owned by two brothers.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,067 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Aldi and Lidl are owned by two brothers.

When everyone knows its actually Aldi Nord & Aldi Sud!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭AndThatsAFact

Irelands coming out of the recession

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭daheff

wifi on irishrail.......

Advertisement