Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRISH URBAN LEGENDS you heard

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,380 ✭✭✭cml387

Frynge wrote: »
    The collage student from carlow it/ trinity/ ucd/ ucc who got scurvy because all they ate was tesco 12c noodles so they could spend the rest of their money on drink.

Would the collage course require more or less points than the jam making course?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Bunny Carr was Hairy aped in prison

Fixed that for ya..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭nelly17

eviltwin wrote: »
    Men in white vans trying to steal children. Worst kidnappers ever.

Everyone knows its Silver Nissan Jeeps

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Stroke Politics

Back in the '90s, I heard of a guy that woke up after a night our, with his kidney removed and a phone beside him following a night out at Major Tom's where he met a nurse. Scared the bejayzus out of me....

Ballymun for fun:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭nelly17

Whats with the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

The wind will change and your face will stay like that forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

Muff diving club

rain on wrote: »
    Muff diving club

That one is actually true..

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

the dance hall where the devil appeared with cloven hooves.
    That happened in a town near me, he was dancing with some young wan then someone noticed he had cloven feet and he flew out the window. Probably because people were making fun of his feet. People keep pointing out the place it happened in.

We don't have enough houses in our village to generate urban legends. They're just called shyte talk around here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

They give Guinness to women who've just given birth for their iron levels

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Trinity student during the 1990s goes to doctor complaining about nausea and a sore bunghole in the morning. Turns out his roommate was drugging and raping him while he was unconscious.

How many people have you met who knows the Garda called to Ronan Keating's house?

Ronan the Barbarian? Have been waiting so long to use that...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Frynge wrote: »
    The collage student from carlow it/ trinity/ ucd/ ucc who got scurvy because all they ate was tesco 12c noodles so they could spend the rest of their money on drink.

How many points do you need to do a course where you cut up bits of papers and magazines?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭fizzypish

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Someone finds a safe in their back garden.
    Goes onto online forum about opening it.
    Finds millions...
    Shares wealth...

Heard that one though the ending I heard was much less interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

nelly17 wrote: »
    Everyone knows its Silver Nissan Jeeps

It was them stinking hippies in Morris Travellers when I was a lad

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

thelad95 wrote: »

Also, I don't know how many times people have told me the tale about the pet snake stretching out beside it's owner in preparation for eating them. It always seems to have happened to a cousins friend.

One of the other mothers at montessori told me that happened to her friend, apparently the friend rang her crying and all sorts. I was cringing so bad, I felt like just telling her to ssshhh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

The one I heard was that Gene Kelly was a major financial benefactor to the Provos.
    I'm pretty sure that one is true. Joseph Locke (him of Hear My Song and other popular ditties fame) was also a benefactor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭George White

I'm pretty sure that one is true. Joseph Locke (him of Hear My Song and other popular ditties fame) was also a benefactor.

And Richard Harris - which precluded his involvement in "The Eagle Has Landed" playing the 'Ra character, so instead we got Donald Sutherland, and the rest as they say is history...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

ScumLord wrote: »
    That happened in a town near me, he was dancing with some young wan then someone noticed he had cloven feet and he flew out the window. Probably because people were making fun of his feet. People keep pointing out the place it happened in.

We don't have enough houses in our village to generate urban legends. They're just called shyte talk around here.

I was in a club one night and saw a lot of women with camel toes

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

Birneybau wrote: »
    Ronan the Barbarian? Have been waiting so long to use that...

Hes the same guard that called to a domestic in Berties I believe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,986 ✭✭✭conorhal

Omackeral wrote: »
    This one happened to my friend's cousin's friend's cousin's friend. He was on the bus into Dublin and it was fairly packed. This big African one went to get on with her kids, including one in a buggy. Having already had two buggies on board, the driver said ''Sorry love, you'll have to fold that buggy up if you're coming on cos I'm full up here.'' She took the young child out and got onto the bus, leaving the pram behind. A passenger asked her why she just left the buggy there, in disbelief. She replied ''It is ok, Social Welfare will give me another one.''

In 2012, the total figure of €867,000 spent on prams or buggies nationwide by the DSP, and the bang of entitlement off some of the social welfare classes most grasping clients is breathtaking to behold, so the story wouldn't surprise me, even if I doubt it's true.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

And Richard Harris - which precluded his involvement in "The Eagle Has Landed" playing the 'Ra character, so instead we got Donald Sutherland, and the rest as they say is history...
    Hmmm I always heard the opposite about Richard Harris i.e. that he vehemently opposed the Provisionals, perhaps he was a Sticky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Axel Lamp

A certain Irish X-factor type judge and his love for the male backing singers/singers.

Probably just slander as opposed to an urban myth, but sure what's the difference really?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Irish Water.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

If you say 'Mary Harney' 3 times in front of a mirror, she'll appear behind you...

You'll need a widescreen mirror though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Luas trams on the red line can't go on the green line and vice versa.
    The tracks are the wrong size...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,217 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

retalivity wrote: »
    Some lad found a safe buried in the garden of his newly bought home that apparently had millions in it
    The safe was my favourite AH thread ever

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭thecornflake

If you say 'Mary Harney' 3 times in front of a mirror, she'll appear behind you...

I don't know why but the first thing I thought of when I read that was, what if you did that in one of those small toilets on a plane ? They'd never get you out alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,076 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Remember hearing one from primary school about Ronan Keating, Brian Kennedy and Mrs. Keating interrupting something or other.

Anyone else hear this one?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

The shopping centre in the Midlands where a child went missing and they had to close all the front doors and do a search. They then find the kid in some changing room wearing new clothes and a non-national cutting its hair.

Advertisement