Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRISH URBAN LEGENDS you heard

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

I knew a man once,
    He died

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

What are the chances of one of the only passers by being an opportunistic homosexual rapist...

in some versions of the story all of the passers by were as you put it "opportunistic homosexual rapists" :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,905 ✭✭✭✭anewme

A woman in x estate, ( it is always one nearby) washed her Alsatian dog in the bath. Later on she took a bath herself. nine months later she had 3 pups! scared the bejaysus out of us as kids!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭kingchess

The stag party in Cork where the groom to be and the best man passed out from drink,their mates put both of them naked in the same bed,and sprayed Deep Heat around the nether regions of the Best man.when he woke up with a sore h..e he turned around and broke the jaw of the Groom-to -be
    THEY HAD TO POSTPONE THE WEDDING!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭FREDNISMO

That if you said bad words, the priest would put horns on you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

FREDNISMO wrote: »
    That if you said bad words, the priest would put horns on you

You're nearly right......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Sócrates, the Brazilian soccer player,
    • played for UCD in the GAA Sigerson Cup
    • played for Shelbourne in the League of Ireland
    • failed to make the UCD soccer team

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭pipelaser

There was once a house in Terrenure that in plan was the shape of a swastica, built by a man who "emigrated" from Germany in the 40s!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

what about the irish one who went on a girly trip to amsterdam/barcelona/berlin/london/carlow and shifted a fella in a club, developed sores on her face, went to doctor, got stopped in airport by the policia coz it turned out THE SORES ON HER FACE ONLY COME FROM DEAD BODYS AND YER MAN WAS A NECROPHILIAC SERIAL KILLER

pipelaser wrote: »
    There was once a house in Terrenure that in plan was the shape of a swastica, built by a man who "emigrated" from Germany in the 40s!

*off to Google Maps for the evening I go...*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭mapaco

conorhal wrote: »
    In 2012, the total figure of €867,000 spent on prams or buggies nationwide by the DSP, and the bang of entitlement off some of the social welfare classes most grasping clients is breathtaking to behold, so the story wouldn't surprise me, even if I doubt it's true.

I witnessed this actually happening in 2004! Couldn't believe my eyes and ears at the time. Not so much urban legend as common practice at one stage I'd say!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Some celebrity's neighbour is having a party and invites said celebrity to it, and then receives an invoice for an 'appearance fee'.

Used to be Gay Byrne a lot of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

The bloke on his stag whose mates stripped him and tied him to a fence, go to a chipper and return half an hour later and find their pal tearful and distraught. Apparently in their absence some rotter had rode the hole off the unfortunate fellow while he was naked,defencless and alone

This is true, it happened to a lad in cork city a few years back, needless to say the wedding was called off

mapaco wrote: »
    I witnessed this actually happening in 2004! Couldn't believe my eyes and ears at the time. Not so much urban legend as common practice at one stage I'd say!
    shamrock55 wrote: »
    This is true, it happened to a lad in cork city a few years back, needless to say the wedding was called off

Riiiiight.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

The one where 7 ambulances were called to the local underage disco, and two lads were in critical in hospital after a scrap

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Riiiiight.

It actually did, about 8 or 9 years ago id say, i remember it being on the news and in the papers at the time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭emeldc

retalivity wrote: »
    Some lad found a safe buried in the garden of his newly bought home that apparently had millions in it

While renovating his house, my brother found Ir£7k in a biscuit tin up the chimney. Seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭Dubwat

When you visit the Guinness Storehouse/Museum in Dublin, you get 2 drinks vouchers for when you get to the bar at the top. Since most of the visitors are American, they never use their second drinks voucher. Urban legand is that the local alcoholics pay in and use those second vouchers to drink all day, every day...

When Ikea first opened in Ballymun, the cafe got a reputation for really nice food. The cafe had a deal where the parents paid for their meals but the children ate for free. The locals would round up the local children and send them in with 'two parents' and get lots and lots of free food.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

fiachr_a wrote: »
    The shopping centre in the Midlands where a child went missing and they had to close all the front doors and do a search. They then find the kid in some changing room wearing new clothes and a non-national cutting its hair.

Heard myself that was in Blanch Shopping Centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Seen a movie from 1977 called "The Choirboys" very funny movie.

Not the actual scene but a clip from the film :p

More info here :)

http://www.thebacklot.com/scraping-the-barrel-eight-of-the-worst-gay-depictions-in-film/08/2008/

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Just to let you know, there was a time where you could drink on after the Guinness tour, until people absolutely starting taking the piss. That's why they cut it back. It boils my blood to this day.

Anyway, back on thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

thelad95 wrote: »
    Thought that was Sligo IT...?

The beauty of the jam making course, is that it moves to whatever IT is far away from you where you don't know anyone. I'm from Connacht, so I heard it was in Carlow. My friends from Leinster heard Sligo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

I was on Bus Eireann going from Limerick to Galway. As we got to Bunratty two Yanks on the bus said weren't the Irish so clever building the castle next to the freeway

A Trinity student was doing exams and demanded a staff member bring him cake and beer. It was an old rule going back to when students were sons of noble families and staff were servants.
    The lad got his cake & beer but then got fined for not having a sword, another rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Timothy Bryce

Best mate's cousin's friend broke up with her boyfriend of 5 years, he's moved out of the house. She devastated. Her friends drag her out on the lash to cheer her up, she gets sloshed and pulls a fella. Wakes up the next morning, barely able to remember a thing. She rings her friend to say all she can remember is the amazing sex she had with the lad she pulled. They were doing it everywhere, kitchen table, on the stairs. Everywhere. Her mate tells her it's just what she needed.

She gets out of bed, goes downstairs, little Down syndrome fella asleep on the couch...

mikemac1 wrote: »
    I was on Bus Eireann going from Limerick to Galway. As we got to Bunratty two Yanks on the bus said weren't the Irish so clever building the castle next to the freeway

A Trinity student was doing exams and demanded a staff member bring him cake and beer. It was an old rule going back to when students were sons of noble families and staff were servants.
    The lad got his cake & beer but then got fined for not having a sword, another rule.

Do you know what urban legend means?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭FluffyAngel

byrneg28 wrote: »
    They give Guinness to women who've just given birth for their iron levels

that one was true ,or the vartion of it in my house was every night to keep the blood levels up

mind you there was so much drank that it was a mircale there was any blood left ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭FluffyAngel

She gets out of bed, goes downstairs, little Down syndrome fella asleep on the couch

this thread is not looking good for those that have Down syndrome...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Do you know what urban legend means?

Those are friend of a friend stories. Heard them a few times and read them here too, all by people who swore they were there

Nowt wrong with my stories :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

What about not swimming for an hour after eating?

Me ma used to swear by it but when I told people from other countries, I just got laughed at.

Advertisement