Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jeremy Clarkson suspended

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Change.org petition now had 450,000 signatures in less than 24 hours .

Come on petrol heads

• Registered Users Posts: 17,128 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

That just proves that there are enough gob****es spurred on by the Mail and Sun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

So he should not be held out by zcorpian88 as the poster-boy for an anti-PC position.

Well that's something for zcorpian88 to debate not Clarkson.
    Karl Stein wrote: »

No? I didn't realise he was a maker of documentaries.

he has made a series of first class films about Brunel, Operation Market Garden, the Raid on St Nazaire and the relief convey that sailed to Murmansk in 1942 which was left to be destroyed by the German military due to Allied bungling. Inventions That Changed the World was also good.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,625 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Gatling wrote: »
    Watch it religiously on Sundays it's my little guilty pleasure wife's in college and I've the kids all day most days .
    I'm a united fan and haven't been able to enjoy my footy for the last year and a half .

It does need a shake up but it wouldn't work without clarkson .

Top gear oz was crap
    Top gear US they try

Maybe be a super topgear 5th gear mash up might work .

There's Something about viki getting all emotional or hot and bothered with certain cars .

Oh fcuk, yes! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

That just proves that there are enough gob****es spurred on by the Mail and Sun

Or people just genuinely like him/the show. Not everything is a big conspiracy, ya know. People forgot this is one of the most popular TV programmes around at the moment..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

he has made a series of first class films

He presented/narrated them I think you might mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

I heard on the radio that Clarkson was filming in Newcastle and had a fit because his grub wasn't ready when filming finished, is this true?

Karl Stein wrote: »
    He presented/narrated them I think you might mean.

He made them in the same way David Attenborough made Frozen Planet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Well that's something for zcorpian88 to debate not Clarkson....
    I was expressing my disagreement with zcorpian88, not inviting Clarkson to debate with me.

I heard on the radio that Clarkson was filming in Newcastle and had a fit because his grub wasn't ready when filming finished, is this true?

The petulant child lashed out because his food was late. The guy he hit is apparently Irish

• Advertisement

Here's Clarkson being none to pleased by being the subject of a prank.

So how did he make them?

I was expressing my disagreement with zcorpian88, not inviting Clarkson to debate with me.

You mentioned him in a reply to me. I don't really care either way!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,261 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

zcorpian88 wrote: »
    World is getting far too PC, we need the old dinosaurs like Clarkson to keep it real and keep television from getting as boring as it's getting lately, he only says what most people would think but he doesn't keep it to himself and puts a funny spin on it.

That bint Katie Hopkins is way worse, her remarks are just annoying and off-putting and aimed at rising people and she's on every fecking programme lately, where Jeremy would use some wit and general humour.

If Clarkson quits Top Gear and it gets axed, I'm done with tv, one of the few good shows still on, I love the specials especially.

Wheer the **** does PC come into it? No probelm with what he says, but you can't call PC the moment he starts hitting people!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Which is to say he didn't make Frozen Planet. I'm sure David Attenborough would be the first to make it clear that he's a presenter who has led a charmed life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

If Clarkson leaves he takes the show with him. His company makes it for the BBC. And ITV, C4 will only gladly snap it up.

So how did he make them?

He wrote the script and was the instigator of the Brunel film for example. He wrote and presented Greatest Raid of All Time (St Nazaire), PQ17 An Arctic Convoy Disaster, The Victoria Cross: For Valour (operation Market garden).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

He seems to be in the middle of a divorce from a wife he is never seen in public with anymore, an ex-wife who claims they were at it whilst he was married to the new wife. He was also apparently caught having an affair when in Australia.

He's plenty of reasons to be stressed, lost the head with some asst producer for not having a dinner out.

Doubt he's the first star to lash out at a lacky! That's showbiz innit.

I used to be a fan of the show but feel it's lost it's way in recent years. I reckon they should keep him on the payroll to make the specials. The studio part is usually pretty bad but the location stuff is interesting.

If Clarkson leaves he takes the show with him. His company makes it for the BBC. And ITV, C4 will only gladly snap it up.

Clarkson and Wilman sold Bedder 6 to the BBC so they own Top Gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

He owns 30% , the BBC own 50%.

• Advertisement

Read above - the BBC bought out Wilman and Clarkson in 2012

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Pedro Gonzalez

+1
    P.s Howya cuz?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

David Attenborough is an actual trained zoologist. So no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Not a fan but saw a few episodes years back when the housemate was watching. Do they still rant on about climate change being made up, and laugh at electric cars?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

The petulant child lashed out because his food was late. The guy he hit is apparently Irish

Oisin Tymon. He has worked on Top Gear for years in various roles, eventually becoming a producer.

It's odd, because it's not like it's some new kid the Clarkson took a dislike to, they've worked together for years.

I'd even go as far as to say it was messing about that either got out of hand, or a BBC bean counter took exception to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Desolation Of Smug

c_man wrote: »
    Not a fan but saw a few episodes years back when the housemate was watching. Do they still rant on about climate change being made up, and laugh at electric cars?

Hopefully.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 969 ✭✭✭JacquesDeLad

He must be trying to get fired.

He tried everything else and just resorted to violence when everything else failed.

Maybe he has something else lined up and he can't quit to join a rival or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Electric cars have a habit of overstating their range and their carbon offset to begin with is massive. They take years to become more 'evironmentally friendly' than traditional combustion engines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Yes, they're as scientifically illiterate as ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Who doesn't.

Actually clarkson fell in love with the new BMW i8 hybrid yes it's true .

But after having it for a week he claimed it's nearly there .
    And only gets 30 mpg not the 100+ mpg BMW are claiming

Advertisement