Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jeremy Clarkson suspended

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

I watch the show and have one of his books, which are just collections of articles. I've read that too.

Same here, the books are a great Lou Reed.

• Administrators Posts: 53,556 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Gatling wrote: »
    So how many on here actually watch Top Gear every week or read clarksons articles

Genuinely that is ?

Watched it ages ago and sometimes have the Dave repeats on when eating my breakfast in the morning. Really it's a pile of crap most of the time.

The only time it's any good is the special episodes. When they actually review and talk cars it's mind-numbingly dull.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

garp wrote: »
    Have you met him in "real life" so as to be able to say that he is not as he presents himself to be on the box because he acts like a bit of a tosser on the TV IMO.
    I haven't met him but I haven't made any assertions about him other than him being a toff.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,902 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

So how many on here actually watch Top Gear every week or read clarksons articles

Genuinely that is ?
    I have all the Top Gear albums on my MP3 player, great cycling and driving music. Cycling probably not the intended purpose there.

It really was a great show once upon a time, clips like that Space Shuttle one make me all nostalgic, drinks and Top Gear before heading out in college...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

I'd regularly watch it and have most of his books (as does my brother), don't read newspapers,
    My brother met him, says he came across as a rather nice guy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

Genuinely that is ?

Haven't watched Top Gear for a few years, as it became tedious.

Sometimes used to read his Sunday Times column, but I don't really buy that any more so haven't in a good while.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

I cannot believe the amount of media spin this is getting, the fecker is lucky not to be charged with assault and dismissed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

James May was "very very drunk at the time"

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Watch it religiously on Sundays it's my little guilty pleasure wife's in college and I've the kids all day most days .
    I'm a united fan and haven't been able to enjoy my footy for the last year and a half .

It does need a shake up but it wouldn't work without clarkson .

Top gear oz was crap
    Top gear US they try

Maybe be a super topgear 5th gear mash up might work .

There's Something about viki getting all emotional or hot and bothered with certain cars .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

Tarzana2 wrote: »
    How original. :D

Well, Clarkson certainly has his dedicated fanboys, that's something I've learned today. The Beeb definitely won't be letting him go any time soon! You can all rejoice.

No fanboy here, I like how he's so unPC is all.

Just pointing out the plain obvious that you keep going on how he's insufferable, yet you're still here. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,241 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

So...

Top gear is crap or not?
    Calrkson should have been suspended or not?

Which one we tlaking about?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

So...

Top gear is crap or not?
    Calrkson should have been suspended or not?

Which one we tlaking about?

A bit of both depends on how you feel about jeremy clarkson apparently

I'm a united fan and haven't been able to enjoy my footy for the last year and a half .

:pac::D Hee hee!

:o

Tarzana2 wrote: »
    :pac::D Hee hee!

:o

Yep rub it in and now no Top Gear

Literally I could cry

No fanboy here, I like how he's so unPC is all.

Just pointing out the plain obvious that you keep going on how he's insufferable, yet you're still here. :D

Well, that's kinda how discussion forums work. Nobody has time to be posting on all the threads so you pick a few.

The thread is about Jeremy Clarkson, he himself isn't posting on the thread. So, unless you can elaborate, I'm not seeing why finding someone insufferable means one wouldn't post on a thread discussing them. Can you flesh out your point a bit more?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,241 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

A bit of both depends on how you feel about jeremy clarkson apparently

Indifferent. Would love to if he really did hit someone juts to see people gloss over the assault and bullying because he's a bit of a laugh.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Watch it religiously on Sundays it's my little guilty pleasure wife's in college and I've the kids all day most days .

It does need a shake up but it wouldn't work without clarkson .

Top gear oz was crap
    Top gear US they try
    US top gear went and did their own thing eventually (well sort of) and it's an ok show.

I'd love to see an international top gear challenge, they've done some cross over stuff once or twice. It would be nice to see American top gear bring American cars and so on for the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

World is getting far too PC, we need the old dinosaurs like Clarkson to keep it real and keep television from getting as boring as it's getting lately, he only says what most people would think but he doesn't keep it to himself and puts a funny spin on it.

That bint Katie Hopkins is way worse, her remarks are just annoying and off-putting and aimed at rising people and she's on every fecking programme lately, where Jeremy would use some wit and general humour.

If Clarkson quits Top Gear and it gets axed, I'm done with tv, one of the few good shows still on, I love the specials especially.

I dunno, I know Top Gear is a good ratings stalwart for the the Beeb, but I kinda wish they'd work on developing some good new programmes instead of relying on shows that should have been put out to pasture long ago. They've lost their nerve, IMO.

I always feel like ratings tyranny is the death of innovation when it comes to TV. If Father Ted had continued for another series, it would have got high ratings no matter what. But the creators admitted it had ran its course. They were out of ideas and wanted to end it. That takes guts and integrity. They could have continued on making a show that was a facsimile of its former self but they bowed out. Take note, BBC, instead of engaging in your annual tawdry Top Gear publicity stunt.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

zcorpian88 wrote: »
    World is getting far too PC....
    That's an AH meme. Acting like a dick is not a useful expression of freedom: it's simply acting the dick.

Clarkson makes no useful contribution to the great debates of our time. He's an annoying distraction from them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

zcorpian88 wrote: »
    World is getting far too PC, we need the old dinosaurs like Clarkson to keep it real and keep television from getting as boring as it's getting lately, he only says what most people would think but he doesn't keep it to himself and puts a funny spin on it.

That bint Katie Hopkins is way worse, her remarks are just annoying and off-putting and aimed at rising people and she's on every fecking programme lately, where Jeremy would use some wit and general humour.

If Clarkson quits Top Gear and it gets axed, I'm done with tv, one of the few good shows still on, I love the specials especially.

If he stays and TC stays, do you want to pay my TV licence for me?

That's an AH meme. Acting like a dick is not a useful expression of freedom: it's simply acting the dick.

Clarkson makes no useful contribution to the great debates of our time. He's an annoying distraction from them.

what the ****? He's the knowing clown not the Caesar. Its not his job to make any contributions to the great debates of our time. Pompous or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

I enjoy Top Gear for the cars, the spectacular locations, and superb quality of production. I've learned to tune out the painfully scripted 'comedy'. 'OMG the caravan has caught fire'.. em.. not funny.

May is the presenter I dislike least because he actually has some mechanical ability instead of being proud of his mechanical ignorance like Clarkson. Hammond just comes across as Clarkson's adoring pooch. Clarkson himself is a fucking twat with little talent. I think the show could easily survive without Clarkson if they got the right person in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Karl Stein wrote: »
    I enjoy Top Gear for the cars, the spectacular locations, and superb quality of production. I've learned to tune out the painfully scripted 'comedy'. 'OMG the caravan has caught fire'.. em.. not funny.

May is the presenter I dislike least because he actually has some mechanical ability instead of being proud of his mechanical ignorance like Clarkson. Hammond just comes across as Clarkson's adoring pooch. Clarkson himself is a fucking twat with little talent. I think the show could easily survive without Clarkson if they got the right person in.

Question would be will the other two jump ship if fear/anticipation of the show being axed?

He's presents a petrol heads programme he's not a political ,philosophy rapping art critic .

He's a side ways driving blundering oaf and he's knows it

Clarkson himself is a fucking twat with little talent. I think the show could easily survive without Clarkson if they got the right person in.

Did you see any of his documentaries?

Shane_ef wrote: »
    Question would be will the other two jump ship if fear/anticipation of the show being axed?

All three are out of contract in a month or so (after the current series was due to end) so my guess is that they and Wilman will pitch a format to someone like Netflix or Amazon. They are unlikely to turn up on ITV and SKY for editorial reasons while the new world of VOD and downloads offers plenty of scope for rebuilding a profile directly into peoples homes (and phones).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

what the ****? He's the knowing clown not the Caesar. Its not his job to make any contributions to the great debates of our time. Pompous or what?
    So he should not be held out by zcorpian88 as the poster-boy for an anti-PC position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

Shane_ef wrote: »

Or out of 'loyalty' to Clarkson. I get the impression James May tolerates Clarkson. Actually when you think of it James May and Hammond currently do quite a lot of work for BBC outside of TG unlike Clarkson.
    Did you see any of his documentaries?

No? I didn't realise he was a maker of documentaries.

• Advertisement

Yeah, the photography and production values are the only reason to watch it now.
    Hammond just comes across as Clarkson's adoring pooch.

Yup. :D
    Clarkson himself is a fucking twat with little talent. I think the show could easily survive without Clarkson if they got the right person in.

Agreed. People are overstating his importance massively.

Advertisement