Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

********Motors Chat - Round 8 ********

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

They clearly didn't look under your bonnet!

I loved putting the Bora through the NCT, the inspector opened the bonnet scratched his head and called over 2 other guys and they all scratched their heads, and me like the proud father in a maternity ward looking through the glass :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,075 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I have a personal rule of thumb to avoid any business whose name was contrived so they would be first in the phone book!

It's just business. You don't have to cuddle them.

Reminds me of a time I was looking up accountants. Aardvark accounting. Genius.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

tossy wrote: »
    I loved putting the Bora through the NCT, the inspector opened the bonnet scratched his head and called over 2 other guys and they all scratched their heads, and me like the proud father in a maternity ward looking through the glass :D

Was the check engine light on :pac::pac:

Have you any pics of that Bora? Don't think I ever saw it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Mycroft H wrote: »
    Cheapest parking in Dublin city center this afternoon?

Bit late now but Connolly station is 9 quid for the day but you can pay per hour as well. 9 Euro is for 24 hours by the way and not until six like some car parks.

Was the check engine light on :pac::pac:

lol

A few pics.

ds62k.jpg

ds63k.jpg

29062008135oe41.jpg

273.jpg

283.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Submitted for your pleasure, a 1906 Adams-Farwell 6A Convertible Roundabout with a five-cylinder rotary engine:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Wow tossy!

Just wow!

From the drawer labelled "If it ain't broke...", a 1,500 BHP Koeneggsiggsegggsigg that works much like a 1962 British Rail Class 55 locomotive:

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-shows/geneva-auto-show/news/a25167/koenigsegg-regera-hypercar-first-look-details/?mag=roa&click=yr

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

lol

A few pics.

1282786204310.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

YbFocus wrote: »
    Wow tossy!

Just wow!

Agreed.

I thought the Bora was just a boring 4 pot lump of a car similar to a Primera or a Avensis. Your car looks class.

• Advertisement

Agreed.

I thought the Bora was just a boring 4 pot lump of a car similar to a Primera or a Avensis. Your car looks class.

No available in 5 and 6 cylinders and 4wd.0

VW added a few nice things in the factory then i added a few more. There is something missing from the Engine bay and something added :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

When you get that tossy?

Thought you were in an A4 Avant or was that someone else?

Big Nasty wrote: »
    When you get that tossy?

Thought you were in an A4 Avant or was that someone else?

I am lol had the Bora years ago, i like to remember it every now and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

dorgasm wrote: »
    My renewal is after coming back to me for €1050 so I'm not happy to pay that. Any recommended brokers I could try?

At this point it feels like I'm advertising or something but I got the best quote from coverinaclick.ie
    A few pics.

I said it before and I'll say it again, that's purely amazing.
    I thought the Bora was just a boring 4 pot lump of a car similar to a Primera or a Avensis.

Such+insult+much+sad+very+cry+_d844feb73914de574240a995b7a944cc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

jimgoose wrote: »
    Submitted for your pleasure, a 1906 Adams-Farwell 6A Convertible Roundabout with a five-cylinder rotary engine:

I fail to see how a rotary engine can have cylinders :confused:

I fail to see how a rotary engine can have cylinders :confused:

Not a Wankel rotary, a "radial" rotary, as in the old WWI fighter planes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotary_engine

jimgoose wrote: »
    Not a Wankel rotary, a "radial" rotary, as in the old WWI fighter planes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotary_engine

okay.jpg

It saddens me however, that I shall never own a car with an engine built by Motorenfabrik Oberursel A.G. or Klöckner-Humboldt-Deutz. :D

OSI wrote: »
    Probably both get the same mpg.

Quite. They were an interesting bit of kit insofar as they had the normal four-stroke arrangement, but the fuel/air/oil was inducted via the crankcase, like a two-stroke.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭RobTheLad

• Advertisement

^ In fairness, who thought they'd get away with re-registering an E46 M3 as anything else? 1.8 on the logbook......yeah, twat!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

^ In fairness, who thought they'd get away with re-registering an E46 M3 as anything else? 1.8 on the logbook......yeah, twat!

You'd have to wonder. The M3 isn't even cosmetically the same as the regular E46. If it was a 330 marked as a 318 then maybe you'd understand why they'd risk it.

My point exactly!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Hey guys, what is the difference between a Volkswagon Golf Match, compared to the other golf models, i.e trendline , comfortline etc.
    I tried googling it but couldnt find an explanation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Pangea wrote: »
    Hey guys, what is the difference between a Volkswagon Golf Match, compared to the other models, i.e trendline , comfortline etc.
    I tried googling it but couldnt find an explanation.
    Takes all day to complete the roundtrip, but you have a great natter along the way and get to wear wacky clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Loving the new app layout! Much easier to use, and you can edit now TG!

What app?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,427 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

RobTheLad wrote: »

Delighted for them. Revenue should be inspecting any engine change where the supposed engine going in is smaller than the one going out.
    Someone signed off on those forms.

OSI wrote: »
    Which model?

1.6 Tdi hatchback golf match the ad says

• Registered Users Posts: 73,427 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I'd imagine match is the uk run-out mark6 golf model. It was on the mk5 anyway.

The VW Golf Match offers terrific value for money in a terrific car. For around £1,250 more than a base level Golf S, you get automatic lights and wipers, cruise control, front and rear parking sensors, USB and iPod connectors, a digital radio, a trip computer, alloy wheels, more storage areas and a classier interior finish. There's no better family car in this class. The Golf will transport four in comfort and five at a pinch, has a full five-star Euro NCAP safety rating and enjoys a fine reputation for reliability. In Match trim it is available with a 120bhp 1.4-litre turbo petrol engine and two diesels – a 103bhp 1.6 and a 138bhp 2.0-litre, both of which are available with VW's BlueMotion Technology, which adds engine stop-start, low rolling resistance tyres, a gearshift indicator and battery recharging under braking. BlueMotion Technology is an optional extra on Match and GT models, and shouldn’t be confused with the separate BlueMotion models, which have even more fuel-saving modifications.

• Advertisement

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I'd imagine match is the uk run-out mark6 golf model. It was on the mk5 anyway.

Excellent thanks, never heard of mk5 or the mark 6 either.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement