Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

********Motors Chat - Round 8 ********

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

166man wrote: »
    Funny! :D

Looking forward to it alright, if you're in college BP and going on a class trip to Malaga, not too difficult to guess what that'd involve...!

I'm in college alright although the trip is not being arranged by the college we arranged it ourselves there are about 12 going I think. Your right it's not hard to guess what will be involved :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Bpmull wrote: »
    I'm in college alright although the trip is not being arranged by the college we arranged it ourselves there are about 12 going I think. Your right it's not hard to guess what will be involved :)

Knitting...lots and lots of knitting :cool::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

We'd better not see you on here during your holliers Bp :P sounds like it'll be a cracking session!

Knitting...lots and lots of knitting :cool::pac:

Yep obviously loads of knitting :) it should be good it's our last chance to get a break away before college work placement starts in early april. That should be fun 6 months of being in seriously over your head and not having a clue what's going on :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Yep obviously loads of knitting :) it should be good it's our last chance to get a break away before college work placement starts in early april. That should be fun 6 months of being in seriously over your head and not having a clue what's going on :pac:

Haha ah yeah its nice to get away from it all, have a good one all the same though!

• Advertisement

Cheensbo wrote: »
    We'd better not see you on here during your holliers Bp :P sounds like it'll be a cracking session!

I'll only post if I see a cool car or something like that :) it should be great craic anyway. We all get on very well as its a small class at only 21 students so everyone knows everyone well if you get me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Bpmull wrote:
    I'll only post of I see a cool car or something like that  it should be great craic anyway. We all get on very well as its a small class at only 21 students so everyone knows everyone well if you get me.

Or you'll post if someone denounces a profanity against a golf. Actually scrap that, even if the word golf is mentioned you'll be back here like a bad smell :pac: Ah no, I'm only having you on. Enjoy the trip kid! :)

Or you'll post if someone denounces a profanity against a golf. Actually scrap that, even if the word golf is mentioned you'll be back here like a bad smell :pac: Ah no, I'm only having you on. Enjoy the trip kid! :)

I'm not going until the 24th anyway 2 weeks time :)

Unrelated but...Hehehe

Look in from the left too ;)

• Advertisement

Loving the new app layout! Much easier to use, and you can edit now TG!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Bit a motors related Waterford Whisper News:
    Nissan Juke Owner Also Nickelback Fan

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Jaysus some people like an EARLY lunch! :P

Just finished mine! Be feckin starvin by one.

Question for alfa folk. Whats the best 4 pot engine in the 156? Around the year of 2002. Tax bracket aside !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

NCT passed on the E38 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,612 ✭✭✭Glebee

Car serviced last week and readout shows 2mm left on thread(3.5mm outer, 3.5mm middle and 2mm inner) of O/S rear tyre. Have NCT Friday and between minds about replacing.. What would the valued opinion of the Boards forum do???

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Glebee wrote: »
    Car serviced last week and readout shows 2mm left on thread(3.5mm outer, 3.5mm middle and 2mm inner) of O/S rear tyre. Have NCT Friday and between minds about replacing.. What would the valued opinion of the Boards forum do???

The tyres will pass.
    I'd use them on if your not feeling a loss in traction.
    The minute you do or when you meet the limit at 1.6mm then change them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Interslice wrote: »
    Just finished mine! Be feckin starvin by one.

Question for alfa folk. Whats the best 4 pot engine in the 156? Around the year of 2002. Tax bracket aside !

4 pot petrol is the 1.8. Tspark. Best mpg and no silly balance belts.
    However the best engines in the 156 is the busso v6, followed closely by the 5 cylinder 2.4 jtd.

If you can get your hands on a busso with history buy it. Very hard to find a good busso

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Sobanek wrote: »
    NCT passed on the E38 :)

Must have made their day seeing it come in!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Cheapest parking in Dublin city center this afternoon?

Mycroft H wrote: »

Jarvis street great for the day rate, 13 euro. It's 3/hour up to 4 hours. Always park there when in Dublin as it suits me location wise, the dayrate is very reasonable though imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Mycroft H wrote: »

Free parking at the wax museum if it's not full of taxi drivers.

My renewal is after coming back to me for €1050 so I'm not happy to pay that. Any recommended brokers I could try?

dorgasm wrote: »
    Must have made their day seeing it come in!

07 LS600h took all the glory :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

07 LS600h took all the glory :(

They clearly didn't look under your bonnet!

They clearly didn't look under your bonnet!

Only the tester did and complimented me on the car :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Only the tester did and complimented me on the car :D

All you need really :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,069 ✭✭✭✭beertons

dorgasm wrote: »
    My renewal is after coming back to me for €1050 so I'm not happy to pay that. Any recommended brokers I could try?

Aaran insurance. 014782020.

beertons wrote: »

Lovely, I'll give them a call. Tried Campion and the lad on the phone told me that it's not worth either of our time having them try? Bizarre phone call from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

beertons wrote: »

I have a personal rule of thumb to avoid any business whose name was contrived so they would be first in the phone book!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

All seals now changed and VVTI cam pulley replaced, 400 euro down but at least the car is sorted.....now to tax it :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement