Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

********Motors Chat - Round 8 ********

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭mhackett102

Can't see him being suspended long, the show pretty much revolves around him.

Very unlikely that they'll take it far, but if they do "fire" him then I cant imagine the show going too far..

Having no Top Gear this sunday is enough to make me panic :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Very unlikely that they'll take it far, but if they do "fire" him then I cant imagine the show going too far..

Having no Top Gear this sunday is enough to make me panic :eek:

If they fire him it'l be henry sellers all over again! :eek:

BO12rKyCEAENLNT.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

I made the BBC!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

The world is far too PC but its funny the amount of stuff he got away with in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

The world is far too PC but its funny the amount of stuff he got away with in the past.

Yeah, everyone is overly sensitive nowadays. I mean, you wouldn't hear the n-word in that Clarkson's rhyme unless you actually wanted and/or tried to hear it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

The rear passenger outer light on the golf has a good bit of condensation and small bit of water sitting in it. No obvious signs where it is getting in. I had the same problem with the astra and the rear light was easy to take out and seperate the glass from the light to dry it out. Not sure whether or not it's possible to do with the golf as I've never had the rear lights out.

Bpmull wrote: »
    The rear passenger out light in golf has a good bit of condensation and small bit of water sitting in it. No obvious signs where is is getting in. I had the same problem with the astra and the rear light was easy to take out and seperate the glass from the light to dry it out. Not sure whether or not it's possible to do with the golf as I've never had the rear lights out.

Well, first time for everything! You won't know until you try

Well, first time for everything! You won't know until you try

Had a look on utube looks handy enough to take out 2 bolts. I'll take it out and see what I can do to orrow when it's bright.

166man wrote: »
    A car that in 2013 was destined realistically for the scrapheap will now make the 2500km journey from Dublin to Milan/Turin and back.

As a car enthusiast, it doesn't matter if it's a Toyota or an Alfa or a BM, that's pretty fvcking cool in my books...

Will the AA cover you over there :pac:

Ah no only joking sounds like an unreal trips 2.5k km of lovely scenery and nice roads sounds like a dream holiday. I can't wait for my class holiday to Malaga in two weeks although that won't revolve around cars unfortunately.

http://www.halfords.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductMobileDisplay?catalogId=15551&langId=-1&categoryId=290505&productId=177537&storeId=11101

Speaking of halfords sale this looks like a handy set anyone have any experience with there sets are they decent. My dad has a huge amount of tools and socket sets but would be nice to start building up my own collection. Plus this ones seems handy to have thrown in the boot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

http://www.halfords.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductMobileDisplay?catalogId=15551&langId=-1&categoryId=290505&productId=177537&storeId=11101

Speaking of halfords sale this looks like a handy set anyone have any experience with there sets are they decent. My dad has a huge amount of tools and socket sets but would be nice to start building up my own collection. Plus this ones seems handy to have thrown in the boot.

Housemate has them an thinks they're very good. The Halfords Advanced stuff has a lifetime warranty too I'm sure so that's nice. I bought a big set of spanners, regular Halfords brand, not Halfords Advanced and I think they're great too, no complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

I DON'T want a response to this, but have to say it, in light of seeing a thread about it.

I can't for the life of me figure out what the big controversy is with front fog lights, and people complaining about them. I pass loads of cars daily and not once was I blinded by them. The people that complain about them blinding them must have strange eyes. And yes, I am one of those that sets the lights to park and on with the fogs during the day! Anyhow, as I said DON'T respond, don't want the debacle to start up again.

/rant.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

I DON'T want a response to this, but have to say it, in light of seeing a thread about it.

I can't for the life of me figure out what the big controversy is with front fog lights, and people complaining about them. I pass loads of cars daily and not once was I blinded by them. The people that complain about them blinding them must have strange eyes. And yes, I am one of those that sets the lights to park and on with the fogs during the day! Anyhow, as I said DON'T respond, don't want the debacle to start up again.

/rant.

Response :pac:

To be fair, when I have both Fogs working I have them on with the eyes :P Cool kids and all :pac:

I've the bigger set and well they helped me with both cars, so like they're not too bad! they do what they were made to do yknow? Get a breaker bar too and you're flying

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭ShaunieVW

Perhaps I'd gain a few MPG if I didnt carry so much crap

2015-03-10%2012.14.12_zpsbfrbylh7.jpg

Nice licence plate! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Well I suppose you all heard it but Clarkson has been suspended.
    Sundays episode won't be aired.
    Sick to the balls of the BBC pulling this ****e all the time.
    I think it's the beginning of the end of Top Gear lads :(

ShaunieVW wrote: »
    Perhaps I'd gain a few MPG if I didnt carry so much crap

My dad is terrible for having his boot full of stuff. When he had the octavia it used to be full to the brim you could barely close it. Granted he has to carry a good bit of stuff for work but he had a lot of unnecessary things. Although since he's got the golf he is still going trough the trying to keep it clean phase which I give another few months so he has everything in plastic containers with lids.

I badly need to get a few decent ones for my own I have two plastic boxes as it is but they are not great. I really need to go through it abit. Although most things in the back are beneficial the likes of first aid, proper tow rope with the eyes, bulbs fuses, fire extinguisher, tyre inflator, hi vis jackets. They are all good to have its everything else that is the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Finally have the 159 back outside the door after my OH picked up her Leon today. It'll still be easter before I can give it a clean :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    He takes a swing at a producer and its the BBCs fault?

Did he? I thought it was just a war of words?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

bear1 wrote: »
    Did he? I thought it was just a war of words?

Nobody knows yet. The language suggests it was a physical altercation but nobody has said it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

GvidoR wrote: »
    Nice licence plate! :D

PHUC UUM......AND THEIR LAW!

Y'know what makes me laugh? when people go against someone who has more experience than themselves at a certain topic, over on a saab forum and this guy is having a strange issue so a mechanic who done his time with saab and then worked with them till they went under is guiding him on how to sort it out, and some guy is going along saying nah this guy doesn't know what he's talking about, why bother like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

PHUC UUM......AND THEIR LAW!

Oh blast from the past...
    And on the day they legalised yokes and all!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

166man wrote: »
    None of us indeed.

I found out I have a week off work in three weeks time, so promptly booked tickets to bring my 156 back to its homeland.

Excited isn't even the word...:cool:

Flying home then? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

Spent the last two weeks with no heater blower, had to order a new resistor for it,

Or so I thought...

New one came today and still no-blow, checked the fuses again, the one for the heater was blown, was looking at the wrong fuckin fuse all along.

It's been a needlessly cold few weeks :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

This is where you've all been!! Thought it was awful quite around here:o

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    This is where you've all been!! Thought it was awful quite around here:o

Ah sh1te he's found us :pac:

Ah sh1te he's found us :pac:

Not surprised, look at his signature. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Will the AA cover you over there :pac:

Ah no only joking sounds like an unreal trips 2.5k km of lovely scenery and nice roads sounds like a dream holiday. I can't wait for my class holiday to Malaga in two weeks although that won't revolve around cars unfortunately.

Funny! :D

Looking forward to it alright, if you're in college BP and going on a class trip to Malaga, not too difficult to guess what that'd involve...!
    Flying home then? :pac:

Might get the TGV yeah, leave the 156 in a museum......:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement