Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham 2015 - Day 1 Tuesday 10/03/2015 *MOD WARNING IN OP AND POST #293*

Options
1121314151618»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Me_Grapes wrote: »
    Great to see Hurricane Fly reverse the form of last year and beat both Jezki and TNO, at Cheltenham on good ground with no excuses for either. Faugheen is an absoloute machine, and looks pretty much bombproof, but fair fcuks the Fly and Arctic Fire as well. Between Faugheen, UDS and Douvan, there is some exciting times ahead for Irish jumps racing. I feel this fact is being lost amongst all this Annie Power talk....

I think the slow pace didn't suit The New One or Jezki today.

Surprised JP didn't run a pacemaker.
    Thought Kitten Rock might make it.

Last years run might have flattered him a bit though and I always said TNO wasn't as unlucky as people made out last year.

No way she was getting over that hurdle from that far back.

Ive seen similar happen just recently when our own filly was schooling over fences. Shadow threw her right off.

Nice footage Oscars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭United Chester Men

mdwexford wrote: »

Last years run might have flattered him a bit though and I always said TNO wasn't as unlucky as people made out last year.

There was one stage Jezki really looked like he was on a nice pace but suddenly Mccoy went lower and lower and next minute out of picture. No offence to AP but his riding style/mentality does not compliment Jezki and, yes, a hardridden pacemaker was needed for him to have any chance. But maybe Harrington knew his fate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rocky911

There was one stage Jezki really looked like he was on a nice pace but suddenly Mccoy went lower and lower and next minute out of picture. No offence to AP but his riding style/mentality does not compliment Jezki and, yes, a hardridden pacemaker was needed for him to have any chance. But maybe Harrington knew his fate.

+1

I think Gerraghty is the only pilot that can get Jezki to perform..I was worried Danny Mullins wouldnt get the same out of Arctic Fire as Townend has over the last few trips..one to consider for the future ?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭coopdog85

Not the best of days laying favs. If I had got one of the Mullins 3 beaten then I'd have maybe broken even. Hadn't a whole lot left in the account to lay Annie Power. No harm, these things happen. Money will come & go but it was a pleasure seeing Faugheen today even if he did cost me a good few pound! Not the greatest of champion hurdles - 3 seconds slower than the supreme says everything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Missed the racing today but just got to see all the replays just there. Very wood was very poor. Pity Annie power fell. The other 3 favs were incredible, not that I backed any. Willie Mullins must be the man to follow for the rest of the week - his string are on fire given their placings today. Incredible day for him. And 5 Irish winners on Day 1 with placed horses as well. GL tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

How exactly did Ruby "balls it" on this so called last fence?

so you didn't see the race or hear about it? Timed the last jump wrong and went straight into the fence. Surprised you didn't hear about it

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Cantonesque

Brilliant footage Oscars... If only there had been a cloud like most other days :p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭mulbot

has anyone a link to online replays of the racing,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭coopdog85

so you didn't see the race or hear about it? Timed the last jump wrong and went straight into the fence. Surprised you didn't hear about it

Pocket talk if ever I heard it. You've absolutely no clue what you're talking about. I rest my case with "straight into the fence". The race was called the mares HURDLE you muppet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭johnny osbourne

did del roy/ the kid have any winners/

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭frank93

Horse jumped a shadow nothing ruby could gave done about it. Lots of people were let down for four holds accums etc. Including myself. No need to come on here and blame ruby. It shows you don't know what your talking about when you blame the jockey for the horse jumping a shadow. These things happen. The most important news was that the horse got up and was OK after it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

Apparently Annie Power cost punters an Estimated £50 million

http://www.the42.ie/annie-power-cheltenham-1983941-Mar2015/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭mulbot

BumperD wrote: »

Thanks for this,working in canada:( had to watch the races on filmon sneakily-so couldn't enjoy them at all-watching now in comfort though:)

Same as. Big time difference so I just watch them in the evenings.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Sick with Annie Power falling, literally saw €700 disappear in front of my very eyes. Still made a little profit due to doubling Faugheen and UDS, but it wasn't enough to make me feel better :( Anyway, onwards and upwards for tomorrow, I've invested pretty heavily so need some returns.

L15 Moon Racer / Champagne Fever / Outlander / Southfield Theatre €1 e/w - €30
    L15 SDG 7/2 - Moon Racer 9/1 - Aux Petits Soins 9/1 - Nichols Canyon 4/1 €1 e/w L15 and 2.50 e/w accum - €35

SDG 7/2 - Don Poli 2/1 - Outlander 4/1 €5 accum
    Neptune - Beast of Burden 12/1 €12.50 e/w
    Cross Country - Duke of Lucca 6/1 €10 win.

Coral Cup - Tagliatelle 16/1 €15 e/w
    Neptune - Nichols Canyon €40 win 4/1
    QMCC - SDG €60 win 7/2.
    RSA - Don Poli €40 win 2/1.

Total Stake = €275 or thereabouts. Way more than intended but feck it.

As you can see although I fancy Nichols Canyon I think Outlander is a smashing horse so fully intend to go balls deep on the rfc too. I've invested heavily tomorrow as I've done Antepost bets for Thursday already, got a tip for Abbyssial in January for World Hurdle so €25 e/w on him at 50/1 with Hills.

Sorry for long post and my ridiculous bets, hopefully some come in and I don't get wiped out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭jimini0

MONEY BACK
    Apart from paddy power did any other bookies give money back on the 4 horse acc?
    Well done paddy power it was a very nice 😊. I only had a small wager on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭zpehtsfd

You can't let a horse like Faugheen dictate the pace. Absolutely shocking lack of tactics by the other jockeys. I guess the Kitten Rock was out for the experience. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

zpehtsfd wrote: »
    You can't let a horse like Faugheen dictate the pace. Absolutely shocking lack of tactics by the other jockeys. I guess the Kitten Rock was out for the experience. :confused:

Kitten rock was a strange one, for all love and money I was sure he would blaze out in front. Even still I think Faugheen would have won if he sat behind the pace, the placings may well have been different though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

What happened L'ami serge yesterday only saw highlights but he travelled great when he got into race but was 10 lenghts off the pace, did he just get left at the start? big field caught him out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Any deals out there guys in the bumper,really fancy Hobbs horse in it,12s at the mo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

darced wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Thanks, could have got within a lenght or two I think but wouldnt have won, he can carry my money again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

What happened L'ami serge yesterday only saw highlights but he travelled great when he got into race but was 10 lenghts off the pace, did he just get left at the start? big field caught him out.

Was actually the joint smallest Supreme field of the last 15+ years.

I think he'll be better over a longer trip, dont think he could go the gallop yesterday and he was plodding on at the end. Id expect him to step up to 2m4f at Aintree.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

Thanks, could have got within a lenght or two I think but wouldnt have won, he can carry my money again.

Petty unlucky positioning wise aswell, Geraghty was trying to track Douvan in midfield but ended up being left way behind the pace when they kicked. I cant see it being the most talented supreme we've seen but Lami Serge was probably one to take out of it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

What happened L'ami serge yesterday

I was at the race and when he passed us the first time he didn't seem to be travelling at all, then he was hampered by the faller and he badly lost his place after that. I had him backed and after he was hampered I turned to my mate and said this would be ride of the season if he wins.

Aside from the winner he is the one to take out of the race for me.

Un De Sceaux was incredible I got goosebumps watching him, I watched from the inside of the track and videoed him passing us twice taking the fences in front of the stand. The reason the second video goes off him between the fences was so I could get a better look at him and I saw Ruby gathering in the reigns coming to the last as Gods Own was coming to challenge, I knew Ruby had tons up his sleeve there. His time was 2 seconds quicker than the champion chase and if he stays running over 2 miles as he should then he should have a few champion chases in him.

UDS going to start:

First time past the stands:

Last two flights:

Faugheen was very good, pity he took Jezki off the bridle turning in, could have made for an interesting race, Jezki hit a flat spot coming to the last and obviously got it wrong too.

Annie Power took off an absolute mile from the last, I was in line with it and when I saw her about to take off I knew it was all over. Had a few bob on glens with and without so not bad.

Great days racing all told.

Advertisement