Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham 2015 - Day 1 Tuesday 10/03/2015 *MOD WARNING IN OP AND POST #293*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Conas

Easy to see the logic of the odds but not why anyone would match it. If its a gambler with cash to burn, surely a 1/20 shot isn't worth it. 20k to get a K back.

You can be guaranteed people would pile in thousands on it at 1.05. Even if it drifted in to 1.02. On the flat it would be fine. Over jumps, it's madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Realalemadrid

Come on Sego Success! Miracolously left Annie Power out of my Lucky 31 and I have 4 so far, including Druids Nephew at 8/1! Some day if Sego comes in!

Jesus there's always one.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,464 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I wouldn't normally bet on the horses but had Douvan, Un de sceaux, faugheen and annie power in a lucky 15.

Instead of getting mental money I just ended up doubling it. I have never felt so sickened when winning profit on a bet! Can anyone explain to me what happened was he going to fast? Did he lose concentration?

How the hell did he manage to land right on the flipping fence? It looked like it would be harder to fall then jump it from where annie power was.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭United Chester Men

TheTorment wrote: »
    I dont think so. Im siding towards the sun casting a shadow from the hurdle and she took off too early??

Which is something Ruby should have been able to envisage if that is the case. He knows how the sun can cause an error. I think he tried to find too much of a stride. Better to be cautious, let her make a slight bum and error going over as he was well clear. Thats my take.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 247 ✭✭primary 2

so sickened had just 2500 to collect if annie power had to win in a straight accumalator,and a seperate accumalator of 2500 running on to champagne fever tomorrow at 6/1:

• Advertisement

Jesus there's always one.

I actually would have thrown him in but I had that 18/1 for the big four to win today so wasn't worth it. Its only a 75 cent Lucky 31 but it is paying well now!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,506 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Come on Sego Success! Miracolously left Annie Power out of my Lucky 31 and I have 4 so far, including Druids Nephew at 8/1! Some day if Sego comes in!
    Only 4 winners? I have all 5 myself and am already sitting pretty on about €50k.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Why can't i find it on any channel??

Only 4 winners? I have all 5 myself and am already sitting pretty on about €50k.

jesus, if you want me to post up the slip i will. Why the sarcasm???

• Registered Users Posts: 14,165 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

so much aftertiming...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

What station are you people watching it on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Part and parcel of Cheltenham week. Well done to those who won. Gutted for those that lost on Annie

• Registered Users Posts: 85,905 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Annie just didn't have the Power :p

Sorry couldn't resist

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭supersean1999

yipeeeee wrote: »
    What station are you people watching it on?

Ch 4 and rte over. But racing ch sky 432 has two later races

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Did a 1ew acca on glens melody ,Druids ,faugheen,Jossies Hill got a 47 euro return absolutely gutted was sure I'd get almost 700,turned out once jossies hill lost ,the win part of the bets didn't count ,insult to get that return but I obviously didn't know they eliminate wins once one places,sickening thing is Un De Sceaux I would have put in but I thought ah il go for an outsider should place 7/2 won't be bad,sick as a parrot at that crap ,693/1 odds get 47 quid:rolleyes:

Ok, I am new to the forum, just logged on. Didnt realise the "Aftertiming" Regulation. Apologies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

1-2-3 from that lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭naughto

naughto wrote: »
    Cause of causes hopefully will do the business

Thank god

• Registered Users Posts: 33,746 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I knew when Very Wood was being cursed on twitter, it mustn't be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,905 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

1. Cause Of Causes
    2. Broadway Buffalo
    3. The Job Is Right
    4. Perfect Gentleman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Casue of Causes
    Broadway buffalo
    The job is right

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

Thought the job is right had it there for a moment. Good run none the less and got the place

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

I'm giving up for today and putting 50e double on Don Poli and Sprinter Sacre tomorrow to try and recover losses from annie

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭zpehtsfd

Cheltenham Festival 2015: Annie Power costs punters £40million with dramatic fall in Mares' Hurdle

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/horse-racing/cheltenham-festival-2015-annie-power-5306348

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

jamesbere wrote: »
    I'm going for perfect gentleman, as this horse has won me money before.

No joy there, on to the next one

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

zpehtsfd wrote: »
    Cheltenham Festival 2015: Annie Power costs punters £40million with dramatic fall in Mares' Hurdle

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/horse-racing/cheltenham-festival-2015-annie-power-5306348

Where do they get these figures from

• Registered Users Posts: 15,489 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

3 winners & 2 places from 6 races. Should be a joyful day, but alas it wasn't to be for Annie & I!

was counting the cash, instead I'm now trying to breakeven :(

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

Absolutely sick! Annie power let down my place pot including 4 winners. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Any tips for last race today? Still trying to recover. :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

battser wrote: »
    Absolutely sick! Annie power let down my place pot including 4 winners. :(

Can someone explain how a placepot works? Like is it basically an accumulator of each horse you've picked to be placed?

Advertisement