Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham 2015 - Day 1 Tuesday 10/03/2015 *MOD WARNING IN OP AND POST #293*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

WoW is all I can say about today.

Annie let me down on just about everything yet I am still up having the last there in my yankee with shaneshill and gallant oscar.

Unreal Day punting

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭magicmoves

Thanks for all the advice on this forum. I managed to make a small profit. Lets hope we can all make some cash tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭supersean1999

Is that 5/6 for the irish

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Ben1994

Apart from annie power twas a good day!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Nice few early wins so have some money for tomorrow, cant complain, thanks all for the tips etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

I fully expect the bookies to fill their satchels back up come 5,30 tomorrow it can't get much better than that for the rest of the week

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Miall108

Actually sunk to my knees when Annie Power fell going over the last meaning I lost a lot of money. Gutted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

Still in shock, going with all the big 4, adrenalin pumping then Ruby balls it on the very last fence, fcuk sake Ruby!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Was in Paddy Powers and when Annie fell you could hear a pin drop. Somebody was actually in tears because they were in for a ~500 windfall.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭gooseygander

sitting watching with my dad, we both saying "just don't fall, just don't fall, just don't ....aggggghhhhhhhhhh. I felt the pain and I did not even have any money riding on it. Condolences to all that got burned by that little last hurdle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 LesVerts

Chuffed I backed glens melody

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Still in shock, going with all the big 4, adrenalin pumping then Ruby balls it on the very last fence, fcuk sake Ruby!

How exactly did Ruby "balls it" on this so called last fence?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

Yet again I am having to remind people to stop after timing.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 cashcarson

PADDY POWER REFUNDING 4FOLD ACCUM DOUVAN,UDS,FAUGHEEN ANNIE POWER.HOPE IT SOFTENS THE BLOW.UNFORTUNAETLY I HAD HER IN A TREBLE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Burned badly by Annie Power as well.

Just wanted to say though, Danny Mullins cops a lot of flack (most recently the insinuation that he may have been at fault for Our Conor being killed!!!) in this forum but what a great ride on Arctic Fire. Great to see, must have been a hard twelve months losing the retainer with Barry Connell.

The fastest finishing horse, some training performance by Mullins to achieve what he achieved today.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭A.Gorilla

Just got an E-mail from Paddy Power saying I'm getting refunded my stake for the Mullins Acca today coz Annie fell....Bloody nice of them really :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

any other gob****es do it with other bookies, wanna start flying off emails to them asking if they will also do that deal lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

mdwexford wrote: »
    How exactly did Ruby "balls it" on this so called last fence?

Even more difficult considering they were jumping hurdles :pac:

Even more difficult considering they were jumping hurdles :pac:

I think you missed something there.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

Hilarious stuff in this thread today! Some of the aftertiming is genuinely funny, also people crying about ruby not winning after just riding a grade 1 Cheltenham treble!

Really enjoyed today. blown away by Mullins team, didnt buy the hype in the run up, but 7 winners looks very likely. Wasn't winning anything but it was a great sight to see the promise delivered on all his horses today.

Disappointed with Jezki not placing, really couldn't see either the Fly or Arctic Fire(most improved horse of the season?) finishing in front of him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Cantonesque

Miall108 wrote: »
    Actually sunk to my knees when Annie Power fell going over the last meaning I lost a lot of money. Gutted

I feel your pain... Was in the frame to collect big time. Was sitting in the office watching it on betfair, stood up before she jumped the last and smashed the table with my fist... Incredible highs and lows in the blink of an eye.

Still blame my colleague who came into the office after he was told I was in the hunt for a nice return and exclaimed "jokingly" ... " I hope she falls"

Wait till he sees his pay check on Thursday....

Incredible... Only coming around from the shock now...

Time to study some form now;)

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Me_Grapes

Great to see Hurricane Fly reverse the form of last year and beat both Jezki and TNO, at Cheltenham on good ground with no excuses for either. Faugheen is an absoloute machine, and looks pretty much bombproof, but fair fcuks the Fly and Arctic Fire as well. Between Faugheen, UDS and Douvan, there is some exciting times ahead for Irish jumps racing. I feel this fact is being lost amongst all this Annie Power talk....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭Panrich

seanhynes wrote: »
    Did a 1ew acca on glens melody ,Druids ,faugheen,Jossies Hill got a 47 euro return absolutely gutted was sure I'd get almost 700,turned out once jossies hill lost ,the win part of the bets didn't count ,insult to get that return but I obviously didn't know they eliminate wins once one places,sickening thing is Un De Sceaux I would have put in but I thought ah il go for an outsider should place 7/2 won't be bad,sick as a parrot at that crap ,693/1 odds get 47 quid:rolleyes:

The rules didn't change after you struck the bet. You have no grounds for complaint. The onus was on you to understand how the bet worked (or ask if you're not sure) prior to laying down your money.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Cantonesque

Gregk961 wrote: »
    Hilarious stuff in this thread today! Some of the aftertiming is genuinely funny, also people crying about ruby not winning after just riding a grade 1 Cheltenham treble!

Really enjoyed today. blown away by Mullins team, didnt buy the hype in the run up, but 7 winners looks very likely. Wasn't winning anything but it was a great sight to see the promise delivered on all his horses today.

Disappointed with Jezki not placing, really couldn't see either the Fly or Arctic Fire(most improved horse of the season?) finishing in front of him.

It ain't that funny... Fine margins... Between right and wrong.

AP didn't deliver on her promise because she was unlucky... Too good if anything, would have jumped the last if Ruby had to be pushing her along but he didn't have to and trusted her to ping it... The rest is history.

Wow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

It ain't that funny... Fine margins... Between right and wrong.

AP didn't deliver on her promise because she was unlucky... Too good if anything, would have jumped the last if Ruby had to be pushing her along but he didn't have to and trusted her to ping it... The rest is history.

Wow

The only doubt about Annie Power pre race was that she might not be race fit, and she certainly was. What happened at the last was just a freak accident and neither jockey, horse or trainer are at fault. Im not one to fawn over jockeys but I thought Ruby rode every race perfectly today and again it was sensational stuff from Mullins and his team.

That poor guy who was on here yesterday saying he makes a fortune laying Favs must be under the duvet tonight, a bad day for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭United Chester Men

Thank god it was Ruby on Annie Power and not some other jockey e.g. Paddy Mullins or Townend. Could you imagine the hate brigade against them! Or the confidence drop. At least Ruby can take it on the chin (excuse the pun!)

On another note big shout out to Paul Townend, massive day today. Think he only had one winner in Cheltenham up to now and he hits 2 on the first day.

Can't see AP breaking his Cheltenham hoodoo and signing off in a heroic manner. May be unlucky enough not to even nab one winner, sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

Saw this on twitter ...seems Annie power jumped the shadow of the hurdle when she fell.

Apologies it this was posted earlier

Ffs trying to attach a photo and can't

Thats what I thought earlier when I saw it. I think L'Unique suffered the same fate.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Andalucia

Al_Coholic wrote: »
    Saw this on twitter ...seems Annie power jumped the shadow of the hurdle when she fell.

Apologies it this was posted earlier

Ffs trying to attach a photo and can't

defo seems to be what has happened, photo clearly shows the shadow of about 4 feet in front of hurdle which is why Annie Power took off way too early, Mullins and Walsh very gracious in what happened - can't win them all with the first string sure.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

Advertisement