Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supergirl [CW] - US pace - [**Spoilers**]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,612 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,951 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Focusing on a movie career? I'm sorry, but LOL. The guy was a charisma vacuum, I look forward to him returning in 2 years ;)

That they gave him superpowers showed the writers couldn't think of anything else to do with him; he was a one note object of infatuation for Kara and that was kinda it.

Bring back Cat Grant!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,930 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

pixelburp wrote: »
    Focusing on a movie career? I'm sorry, but LOL. The guy was a charisma vacuum, I look forward to him returning in 2 years ;)

That they gave him superpowers showed the writers couldn't think of anything else to do with him; he was a one note object of infatuation for Kara and that was kinda it.

Bring back Cat Grant!

Win is coming back for three episodes after the Crossover event

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

SDCC trailer for next season.

Some casting news
    Lex Luthor is coming back
    Julie Gonzalo as Andrea Rojas (aka Acrata), the new head of CatCo, and Staz Nair as original character William Dey, who will act as a foil to Kara.

Jess Rath’s real-life sister, Megan will be joining the show. She will be playing a female Brainiac-5

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Looking forward to this much more than 'Arrow' or 'The Flash', after a strong fourth season. Hope they continue to break it up into smaller arcs as it worked very well.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Melissa Benoist is engaged to co-star Chris Wood

Now married

• Registered Users Posts: 60,434 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Pants :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,200 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Pants :(

Pants could be good too if the cape didn’t cover so much. :p

Bring back the skirt.

I’m still on season 4 and just watched the episode that introduced multiple Muss Tessmachers (which is a dream come true).

I’m really annoyed by Alex’s subplot in this one. Lockwood’s wife was just murdered and Haley went to DC to get his access to the DEO revoked - as the guy was already dangerous enough before the wife was killed.

What does Alex do? She goes jogging and then skips town. And Brainiac doesn’t send her a message to come back because Lockwood is spiralling out of control?

I like Alex but why in the name of God would the writers do this? A much better story is that she doesn’t go out of town and sacrifices her chance at having a child in order stop a maniac.

Bring back Cat Grant!

It seems to be an Olsen thing. The sister is just as bad. They are dead weights on all the scenes they in.

Plus the powers seem to just be the same as Superman and Supergirl - couldn’t even give him anything original.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,951 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

It seems to be an Olsen thing. The sister is just as bad. They are dead weights on all the scenes they in.

Plus the powers seem to just be the same as Superman and Supergirl - couldn’t even give him anything original.

I think this is a problem with the CW slate of shows in general: EVERYONE has to be a superhero, powers n' all. It's like they neither have the confidence or chops to actually give non-hero characters arcs or stories. It's weird.

I think this is a problem with the CW slate of shows in general: EVERYONE has to be a superhero, powers n' all. It's like they neither have the confidence or chops to actually give non-hero characters arcs or stories. It's weird.

Alex and Lena have had decent stories and development though. Granted Lena’s are tied to the main arc but they know what to do with her.

Alex’s life outside work has got good screen time. Kara doesn’t seem to have any.

In the Flash Joe doesn’t do much expect be there for sage advice but he sorely missed during his injury.

Quentin Lance was also a great character that didn’t get powers or be vigilante.

I don’t know if the writers contribute to each show but the ability is there for good non-powered characters if they actually try - or maybe those actors have had enough swing to guide their development themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,434 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Melissa Benoist came out last night in the States and said she was a survivor of domestic violence and what I am guessing is a new term for rape between partners IPV.. intimate partner violence.

She didn't name the partner but said he was younger than her, Her former husband is 4 years younger so I would guess he will be the target of the media attention that will come from this.

Brave thing for her to do in such a public forum hopefully it helps others going through the same issues.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,930 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Melissa Benoist came out last night in the States and said she was a survivor of domestic violence and what I am guessing is a new term for rape between partners IPV.. intimate partner violence.

She didn't name the partner but said he was younger than her, Her former husband is 4 years younger so I would guess he will be the target of the media attention that will come from this.

Brave thing for her to do in such a public forum hopefully it helps others going through the same issues.

The incident she mentioned with him throwing a phone at her face, breaking her nose and doing serious damage to her eye, happened while she was with her previous husband. She was on a chat show not long after it happened explaining how she was such a clutz and she fell down the stairs and landed face first on a pot plant, and she was married to him at the time.

Assuming it is him, he's doing pretty alright for himself career wise these days.

P.s. "intimate partner violence" doesn't specificity mean rape, it seems to just be another word for domestic violence which can take any number of forms.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,881 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Watched for the first time in a long time, not counting Crisis
    Clearly there are frequencies unknown to man as we saw at the end of Crisis that there are other Earths.

Nice to see Brainiac 5 closer to the comics

And Tani! aka Brainy's real life sister

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Watched for the first time in a long time, not counting Crisis
    Clearly there are frequencies unknown to man as we saw at the end of Crisis that there are other Earths.

Nice to see Brainiac 5 closer to the comics

And Tani! aka Brainy's real life sister

In relation to the
    frequencies of other Earths, as far as the heroes on Earth Prime are concerned there is no multiverse anymore, just their Universe, Guggenheim confirmed it on twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Anti-Life Equation
    was also mentioned.

Episode 100 was very good (and very clever). Serious amount of guest stars too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭youngblood

Really enjoyable, worth checking out if you've taken a break on Supergirl

Watched episode 100 and enjoyed it, even though I didn't know some of the original timelines.

Looked like Mxy was up to his old tricks at the very start making Kara's glasses disappear and reappear when he entered the apartment.

• Advertisement

Melissa Benoist is expecting her first child, wonder how this will affect season 6?
    https://tvline.com/2020/03/04/supergirl-melissa-benoist-pregnant-season-5-6-production/

Going by past instances of pregnant actors, lots and lots of close shots of the midriff up, and body double with conveniently obscuring hair. There was also those episodes last year where Kara was in that convenient Power Rangers armour, so they could rustle up another excuse to bring that out.

All caught up on this and the VR plot is really tedious, in that way of scripts that feel like the writers never played a video game in their life - with really generic "shiny new tech mania" tropes too. Who'd want their own custom personal fantasy world, hidden secrets n all, but then share it with other people?

This show about flying superheroes with laserbeam eyes makes no sense! :D;)

Some of the character stuff is good, but it has gone back to the wrong side of brainless lately, that lazy CW formula. Jon Cryer as Luthor is a blast though, always enjoy scenes with him. The Obsidian plot just ain't a patch on the Agent Liberty / Russian Supergirl of last year

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Finally caught up on this season god Alex is just getting more and more unlikeable as this show goes on

But agree I never thought I’d live Jon cryer as lex Luther but he is brilliant

All the CW shows are due back in early 2021, but Supergirl has been pushed to Summer 2021 because Melissa Benoist is pregnant. :)

https://screenrant.com/supergirl-season-6-arrowverse-delay-reason-melissa-benoist/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Probably makes sense. Think they've wrung about as much as they can from the concept and last season very mixed. Lord knows others like the Flash could wrap themselves up too TBH. Benoist might also want to step away to raise her first kid.

Melissa Benoist is expecting her first child, wonder how this will affect season 6?
    https://tvline.com/2020/03/04/supergirl-melissa-benoist-pregnant-season-5-6-production/

Was it her decision I wonder as a new mom to leave so end the show?

Makes sense with Melissa currently pregnant. At least they will be able to give the show a proper ending.

• Advertisement

At least she didn't just do a Ruby and quit leaving everyone hanging

Advertisement