Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supergirl [CW] - US pace - [**Spoilers**]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,930 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I assumed the Chloe mention was more just a handy way to get the girls the information they needed off the laptop rather than a sign they were going to introduce the character. Also a little wink to the fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,881 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah I think that's all it was. Just like having Winn handy to get what they need in modern day.

I always find it funny when people encrypt files yet don't password protect their laptop. How often is data stolen in tv shows by people just going into an office, opening a laptop and having full access

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Best episode this season - so much happened.

It'll be a bit of a shame to kill that momentum next week with the crisis crossover.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Felt it was a bit trite and obvious. Still enjoyed it, but feeling very by the numbers at the moment. Highlights for me were those scenes with D’jonn.

Worst transformation scene ever.

The DEO really need to rethink their security. Mon-El mysteriously returns and they don't have any security watching him, then the same with Imra. She gets up and leaves her bed with seemingly no one stopping her.

• Advertisement

Good one this week. The long awaited fight was well done and the slow motion fall at the end was a nice touch.

Could have done without the Mon-El stuff though. I assume that future stuff is going to play into the story at some time in the .... er ... future.

Off until mid-January now.

Previously on Supergirl: Mon-El is from the future and married now? Hold that thought while I head off to an alternate earth for a wedding.
    This week: Now where were we, since he didn't elaborate to anyone else while I was away.

Fight was pretty cool. And Alex became a doctor at some point as well

• Registered Users Posts: 8,930 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

http://tvline.com/2017/12/08/legends-of-tomorrow-season-3-return-date-supergirl-time-slot-mondays/

Black lightning is taking over Legends of Tomorrow’s slot
    Legends of Tomorrow will move to Supergirl’s slot on February 12 and will finish up on April 9th.

Supergirl returns on January 15th and then is back on April 16th with finale on June 18th.

List of dates

Monday, Jan. 15: Supergirl resumes Season 3
    Tuesday, Jan. 16: Black Lighting premieres, in Legends time slot
    Monday, Feb. 12: Legends resumes Season 3, in Supergirl‘s time slot
    Monday, April 9: Legends Season 3 finale
    Monday, April 16: Supergirl re-resumes Season 3
    Monday, June 18: Supergirl Season 3 finale

Well that's weird handling for the series.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Well that's weird handling for the series.

Yeah would have been better to either air legends earlier and give supergirl an extended break or wait for valor to end as it only has four episodes left in its season.

• Advertisement

Maybe it's to confuse people into watching Black Lightning

• Registered Users Posts: 15,724 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Wow Supergirl Episode ''Reign'' Wow. I have to say that was one super tough fight really well done. Have to feel for poor Supergirl. That evil reign one seems very evil. What a cliffhanger do best cliffhanger of any series since Star Trek: TNG ''Best Of Both Worlds''
    Can,t wait to see the next episode.

Great episode this week. Would have liked a nice juicy cliffhanger considering that we now have a 10 week break. :rolleyes:

What's the bet that the next worldkiller will be one of the regular cast?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Alex is a shocking character that needs to be wrote out as soon as possible

• Registered Users Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭corkie

Supergirl is back with Laurie Metcalf playing a role!

MV5BMTc1NDA1NDA5N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODAyNTU3MQ@@._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

She gets around Roseanne, Big Bang Theory and Lady Bird.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

I have literally not watched a single episode of any Arrowverse show this season. Except for the crossover that is. I'm just finding them all so boring, and it doesn't help that they're all so cluttered as well (Arrow with its mini-Justice League wannabes; Flash who cannot even defeat the simplest villain without help from his support hub; Supergirl where Martian Manhunter is made out to be a complete and utter weakling [one of my favourite DC heros]; Legends.... well I just don't like Legends full stop, nothing in particular (although I'm in love with Caity Lotz); and I've not watched Black Lightning.

I will probably watch Titans when it debuts (whenever that is), but as for the rest I keep up with the stories just by reading the synopsis on their respective wiki pages.

Black Lighting is weird (the costumes especially) but I like it so far.

Given up on Arrow with its B team nonsense and a if I hear Hoss one more ****ing time...

Legends is great: Beebo needs hugs

Kinda forget about Supergirl until I saw the thread active in the forum

Flash, turned Allen into a bit player to his support team but on its last chance. Will binge a few episodes in a few weeks and make a decision.

So overall tge writers have ruined the Verse with teen melodramatic crap

I dropped most of them earlier this season. Never watched Black Lightning.

Did a catch up on Flash which wasn't too bad so up to date on that again
    Tried the same with Arrow but was a struggle so still about 4 episodes behind
    Haven't gone back to Supergirl.
    Legends was the one I didn't drop because it's such a fun show. If you're basing your not liking it opinion on season 1, they just gave in to the ridiculousness of it from season 2 on and had fun with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

I am really getting sick of this show. I remember back in season one when the show was about Supergirl fighting bad guys. Now it’s like watching a soap opera. I don’t care at all about the characters love lives or their family dynamics. It would be fine if that was the minor part of the show. But now every episode seems to be 75% romance and family and just a few minutes of superhero stuff.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

DMcL1971 wrote: »
    I am really getting sick of this show. I remember back in season one when the show was about Supergirl fighting bad guys. Now it’s like watching a soap opera. I don’t care at all about the characters love lives or their family dynamics. It would be fine if that was the minor part of the show. But now every episode seems to be 75% romance and family and just a few minutes of superhero stuff.
    Wouldn't really be a show I'd watch, but when I have dropped in on it the overriding impression was that it's a show for the girls in their early teens demographic and is aimed in such a way to appeal to that demographic, in the producers minds anyway.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement

Wibbs wrote: »
    Wouldn't really be a show I'd watch, but when I have dropped in on it the overriding impression was that it's a show for the girls in their early teens demographic and is aimed in such a way to appeal to that demographic, in the producers minds anyway.

Complete with season 1 love triangle

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,951 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

New promo, featuring what I presume to be a temporary costume for Kara. Looks like a cheap cosplay outfit TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,434 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Started back last night.

Red Daughter?

Always good to see Rhona Mitra and now I wonder will we get to see Lex.

Also Sabine Wren is a bit of a babe.

Excelsior :)

This season is off to a great start. Episode 2 was excellent too.....

Surprising Casting news
    Jon Cryer to play Lex Luthor
    TVLine

• Registered Users Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭corkie

Elseworlds, Crossover!

The Flash ~ Elseworlds, Part 1 ~ 9 Dec. 2018

Arrow ~ Elseworlds, Part 2 ~ 10 Dec. 2018

SuperGirl ~ Elseworlds, Part 3 ~ 11 Dec. 2018

^^^ Links may contain spoilers to the crossover series of episodes.

Edit:- Elseworlds (Arrowverse Crossover) [** Spoilers **] Thread!

corkie wrote: »
    Elseworlds, Crossover!

The Flash ~ Elseworlds, Part 1 ~ 9 Dec. 2018

Arrow ~ Elseworlds, Part 2 ~ 10 Dec. 2018

SuperGirl ~ Elseworlds, Part 3 ~ 11 Dec. 2018

^^^ Links may contain spoilers to the crossover series of episodes.

The legends don't seem to be included, is there a part 4 on another show, i'm unaware of?
    Legends of Tomorrow are not in the Crossover event this year. They are doing their own type of crossover episode though

I enjoyed that. Good bookend to the first arc of the season.

Nice little intro to the crossover too, although I have no idea what's going on. Really fake looking book prop too. :o

• Advertisement

Mr E wrote: »
    I enjoyed that. Good bookend to the first arc of the season.

Nice little intro to the crossover too, although I have no idea what's going on. Really fake looking book prop too. :o

Rundown of everybody in that scene
    Cbr

Advertisement