Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supergirl [CW] - US pace - [**Spoilers**]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,551 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

I'm glossing over the fact that they are all techno wizards working with tech that is not available to us yet due to the aliens bringing said tech to earth. For Supergirl, add in Jonn's experience as, well, an alien working with alien tech and a hive mind of memories. Cisco has all the help he needed to understand tech from Evil Wells, and Felicity is a super hackzorz genius who also utilises alien tech to further her own agendas (up to and including her current story arc in Arrow). Whatever way it is, i ignore if for the benefit of not trying to find holes!

I can go with nearly all the techno wizardry because it's based on sci-fi stuff. But the computer hacking on Arrow is annoying as hell because they can't just leave it all completely in layman terms, they have to try and throw I a few bits of computer jargon they clearly plucked out of their asses. Like Arrow a couple weeks ago, Curtis complaining about the difficulties of creating a four-dimensional array...it's like one line of code.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,831 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

It's funny the direction a show can take. This show is more like Men IN Black than Supergirl, it's a big over the top with all the Aliens and creatures from another world. The whole point of Supergirl was that she was unique .

• Registered Users Posts: 13,856 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

It's funny the direction a show can take. This show is more like Men IN Black than Supergirl, it's a big over the top with all the Aliens and creatures from another world. The whole point of Supergirl was that she was unique .

She is unique, she's the last daughter of Krypton (completely ignoring all the ones from season 1...)

I actually really like this direction, it gives the show a unique feeling in comparison to other DCCW shows. The first episode they had the portals, Wynn was making lots of Stargate references and I was actually thinking it'd be nice to have a show that had Stargate's breezy, planet-of-the-week type thing going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,613 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

General Zod to be played by Mark Gibbon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭OmegaRed

Sorry if this has been mentioned already...
    They all act shocked that Kara's identity has been found out and then in the DEO they actually go through a list of about 200 people (Mostly random DEO agents) who know here identity and are still scratching their heads as to how someone could find out the truth.... Angers me so much! Everyone Fing knows......

• Registered Users Posts: 60,437 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Calista Flockhart returns and shows why she has been greatly missed from this show.

God that was so ham fisted again throughout. Just watching Gotham after it and it's so much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭youngblood

Great episode, action packed and lots of fun! Leading up well to finale!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,884 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Good job Kara chose to save Cat instead of the President. If I was the president, I would take offence to that. I was thinking about all others on board. But going by the wreckage, it looks like there was no one else on board.

I was wondering though why they chose to relocate to a bar rather than their old HQ. It's as though they could only choose to relocate to 1 of a few places. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,933 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Good job Kara chose to save Cat instead of the President. If I was the president, I would take offence to that. I was thinking about all others on board. But going by the wreckage, it looks like there was no one else on board.

I was wondering though why they chose to relocate to a bar rather than their old HQ. It's as though they could only choose to relocate to 1 of a few places. :pac:

I'm guessing because the set for the old hq would have been in LA where they filmed season 1. They now film in Vancouver.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,588 ✭✭✭LLMMLL

This episode reminded me why I enjoyed last season way more than this season - Cat Grant. So many great lines.

I'm guessing because the set for the old hq would have been in LA where they filmed season 1. They now film in Vancouver.

Yep. Was trying to make a joke about that

Yep. Was trying to make a joke about that

Oh :o

I really enjoyed that season finale.

I'll say it again Calista Flockhart is greatly missed the cameo over the last two episodes prove as much Cat's flirting with Clark was was great and her heart to heart with Kara at the end.

Also I'm really disappointed that we didn't get a Dean Cain Teri Hatcher on screen moment or ten this season.

Nice tv spot for Wonder Woman

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

Was a good episode but them going out of their way to say Supergirl beat Superman fair and square is annoying.

The show will be worse of without Mon-El.

I'm still trying to figure out why they changed Mon El's origin. Since it now seems like the King and Queen of Daxam who hate Krypton named their son after a prominent house of Krypton.

That box worked very quickly and considering what it supposedly did, I'm pretty sure the ones standing right beside it should be dead from lead poisoning.

Was Jimmy even in this episode?

Wish they had at least said something about Superman losing due to not being of sound mind.

Megan and John kissing just seems wrong. Didn't he already mention she was like a daughter to him? What age, relatively speaking, is she meant to be? The actress is 44.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭Sparko

That box worked very quickly and considering what it supposedly did, I'm pretty sure the ones standing right beside it should be dead from lead poisoning.

I was curious about why the ships scarpered so fast, would have thought they'd have independent air if they are spaceships. Probably shouldn't nitpick, but I'd have expected them to at least blow the place up a bit more before fleeing! Very convenient doodad that box.

Also, Superman seemed to have no hassle whatsoever in doing major damage to one of the larger ships, with just an eye blast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

How did Kara become earths champion and not SM?

Interesting that Kat knows Karas true identity....nice touch.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

How did Kara become earths champion and not SM?

Interesting that Kat knows Karas true identity....nice touch.

From the Superman Kara fight at the beginning of the episode

Interesting that they're following up Supergirl beating Superman in a fight with
    Reign, given that was exactly how it went down comics-wise. Of course, in that particular fight, Superman was holding back on fighting Kara.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,613 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Finally Finally Finally caught up.

This show had good moments. Some action, some surprise and then some cool scenes between characters. Getting to know more about Supergirls story is a plus. Silver kryptonite was new to me! .. I think.

The drop in money since season 1 was noticeable but they gave a good go at covering it. I also found some scenes between the characters or where there was fighting on just didn't feel like they had their heart in it. Finale fights with Superman and Rhea were cool enough.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,954 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Yeah, the budget drop is really pronounced in places, and it's obvious how the actual flying has been the main victim of the reduced coffers; Supergirl just doesn't fly as much as she used to, bar a few entrances and exits at open windows. It makes the continued insistence on CGI rendering the Martian Manhunter's face all the more baffling; it ain't that complicated some latex couldn't replace, and it'd surely free up more cash for better overall FX.

Season 2 felt deeply ... CW'ified, and in some ways I think Supergirl lost a little of its own voice & personality that made Season 1 stand (not that the CBS version didn't have its own problems mind you). You could sort of sense where Greg Berlanti's influence became stronger; suddenly everyone was involved in superheroics, no character isn't 'just' normal anymore...

That kinda felt like the CW show comic-con trailer that got the most work.. or has a big season 3 ahead of it

• Advertisement

Yer man looks like Mac from Agents of Shield

Advertisement