Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread V2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,758 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

nerd69 wrote: »
    AP is a massive part of that team though and they will likley lose some of the young guys to free agency if they dont start winning so they do need to be competing. Its a hell of a lot to give up though and makes the gamble on wentz a lot easier to take#

edit: the one strange thing is that they needed a qb because there qb got injured so in order to get a healthy qb they got sam bradford??/??

Yeah the ironman Sam Bradford :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,861 ✭✭✭nerd69

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Yeah but chase Daniels ? The only plus is he knows the Doug Pedersons system like the back of his hand.

daniels has been ass so far but we aint winning a superbowl this year and any wins will be due to the defense anyway. id like a few wins because handing over a high pick to the browns will be sickening but I lost any love for bradford when he asked for a trade so getting a first rounder for him is amazing

**** it we can suit up doug pederson if we need to

:eek: amazing we get to boo our first round pick in a philly draft

daniels has been ass so far but we aint winning a superbowl this year and any wins will be due to the defense anyway. id like a few wins because handing over a high pick to the browns will be sickening but I lost any love for bradford when he asked for a trade so getting a first rounder for him is amazing

Nerd you said to keep him when I said trade him in the eagles thread months ago.

• Advertisement

Nerd you said to keep him when I said trade him in the eagles thread months ago.

yup and I would have stood by that except we got a first rounder thats huge value for bradford I wouldn't have dreamed of getting a first for him.

yup and I would have stood by that except we got a first rounder thats huge value for bradford I wouldn't have dreamed of getting a first for him.

Well the Eagles are kind of taking advantage of the Vikings misfortune with bridgewater. But we have chase Daniels and Carson wentz ? I mean Carson obviously has talent but it's not this year. Chase Daniels as you said hasn't been great this year but again he does know the system like the back of his hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,136 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

AP is a massive part of that team though and they will likley lose some of the young guys to free agency if they dont start winning so they do need to be competing. Its a hell of a lot to give up though and makes the gamble on wentz a lot easier to take#

edit: the one strange thing is that they needed a qb because there qb got injured so in order to get a healthy qb they got sam bradford??/??

AP is unique, but RBs are a dime a dozen. He's not good enough to justify giving up so much to go "win now". Their defense is what brought them success last year and they aren't going anywhere.

They should have done their best this season, and looked to draft a quality QB prospect next year. Now they are burdened with a crap QB and have given up the ability to build for the future doing so.

Madness.

Well the Eagles are kind of taking advantage of the Vikings misfortune with bridgewater. But we have chase Daniels and Carson wentz ? I mean Carson obviously has talent but it's not this year. Chase Daniels as you said hasn't been great this year but again he does know the system like the back of his hand.

i dont think this team is built to win now. If we where getting a 3rd or 4th we may as well keep sam but when were getting a first and a fourth thats significant ammo for the future I think you have to jump at that if your not competing this year. Imagine if we could grab a juju smith/mike williams or if one of the 3 rbs fall to us that would be huge for wentzs development.

my only fear is if chase stinks it up tehy may play wentz and I still dont want him sniffing the field this year.

AP is unique, but RBs are a dime a dozen. He's not good enough to justify giving up so much to go "win now". Their defense is what brought them success last year and they aren't going anywhere.

They should have done their best this season, and looked to draft a quality QB prospect next year. Now they are burdened with a crap QB and have given up the ability to build for the future doing so.

Madness.
    I actually still think sam can be a good qb hes had bull**** receiving options his entire career put him into a team in the vikings where they have that dominant d and run game and he can sit back and be a game manager and I think he could do very well. He will still likley get injured though thats the real head scratchier.

with regards AP hes the greatest RB i'v seen play. when he retires or if he falls off this entire team is animal.

Im still think its a win for the eagles just because of what they got a first + fourth seems crazy

• Advertisement

I actually still think sam can be a good qb hes had bull**** receiving options his entire career put him into a team in the vikings where they have that dominant d and run game and he can sit back and be a game manager and I think he could do very well. He will still likley get injured though thats the real head scratchier.

with regards AP hes the greatest RB i'v seen play. when he retires or if he falls off this entire team is animal.

Im still think its a win for the eagles just because of what they got a first + fourth seems crazy

Massive win for the Eagles, dynasties have been built off of that sort of draft haul. I'd say the other NFCE teams are pretty pissed at the windfall that has fallen into the Eagles lap.

Massive win for the Eagles, dynasties have been built off of that sort of draft haul. I'd say the other NFCE teams are pretty pissed at the windfall that has fallen into the Eagles lap.

The duck are you talking about?

The duck are you talking about?

Go have a look at the results of the Herschel Walker trade.

Go have a look at the results of the Herschel Walker trade.

I know it when did I say anything about it?

I know it when did I say anything about it?

What are you arguing so? That this trade isn't a disaster in the making for the Vikings and a windfall for the Eagles?

What are you arguing so? That this trade isn't a disaster in the making for the Vikings and a windfall for the Eagles?

I never said it was I said that I felt the eagles got the better of it and you started going on about it being franchise changing???

I never said it was I said that I felt the eagles got the better of it and you started going on about it being franchise changing???

You don't consider having such high value picks as potentially franchise changing :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,863 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

It's not clear what you're worked up about tbh

Apologies perhaps I picked it up wrong I assumed this was sarcasm

Apologies perhaps I picked it up wrong I assumed this was sarcasm

No worries, had me confused.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Eagles still only have 1 first round pick next year and just an extra 4th. How is that in any way a huge boost?

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Eagles still only have 1 first round pick next year and just an extra 4th. How is that in any way a huge boost?

A good team could turn that 1st into a lot of picks.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

A good team could turn that 1st into a lot of picks.

Sure...but it's a first that every team has so they are not in any advantageous position. They traded away their own first for next year.

It basically just lessens the incredibly onerous cost of the Wentz draft pick trade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭TOss Sweep

Browns still on a clear out Justin Gilbert to Steelers for a 6th round pick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

TOss Sweep wrote: »
    Browns still on a clear out Justin Gilbert to Steelers for a 6th round pick.

That's all 6 of their first round picks from 2011-2014 off their roster now.

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Sure...but it's a first that every team has so they are not in any advantageous position. They traded away their own first for next year.

It basically just lessens the incredibly onerous cost of the Wentz draft pick trade.

Didn't know they had traded their 1st away previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

I think this trade suits both teams. As a Vikings fan, I am pleased. It also works for Philly, clearly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

I'd taken a shine to Eric Kush, tough cut. Will miss him on Hard Knocks. Hope he gets picked up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I'd taken a shine to Eric Kush, tough cut. Will miss him on Hard Knocks. Hope he gets picked up.

Use the Spoilers tags please......!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Rumours that the Packers are about to cut All-Pro Guard Josh Sitton?????

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement