Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway United 2015 season - MOD Warning in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭UnleashTheBeast

Champions are coming to town tonight for a refixed league game because they're playing Champions League next week. Should be a good game. Looking forward to seeing Daryl Horgan and Stevie O'Donnell at Terryland Park

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Ruben Remus

Despite the result last night, I think it's worth highlighting what an honest and gutsy set of players Galway have this year. They always try to play football the right way and that's why I go to the games as often as I can.

To pull it back from 3-0 down to 3-2, and then almost snatch a draw against the best team in the country, showed great resolve. If Shanahan had pulled the trigger a bit quicker on that late chance it could have been a truly unforgettable night.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,002 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Ya it was a great comeback, great heart and effort shown, we really should have levelled too. Wish TD had set the players up to have a go rather than just sitting back for the first hour too though, let them play I say.

Surprised not to see any mention of this, should be a good crowd and I hope we can making a lasting impression on supporters that may not venture to Eamonn Deacy Park often.

Kick off brought forward so there is no clash with the GAA at 5pm at Pearse.

CKL6opgWEAAbKIn.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,836 ✭✭✭deisedude

I understand the importance of this game to the coffers but personally i had no interest in watching a load of teenagers who will end up playing for Chesterfield and Rochdale. Look forward seeing the lads knock a few past Bray the next day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,308 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

deisedude wrote: »
    I understand the importance of this game to the coffers but personally i had no interest in watching a load of teenagers who will end up playing for Chesterfield and Rochdale. Look forward seeing the lads knock a few past Bray the next day

Bit harsh that. In 2010 when Liverpool last played here, of the players that played that day 1 is currently playing fro AC Milan, 2 are playing first team for Liverpool and 6 others all played Premiership football at some stage after the game.

Saying that, I just looked at the team that played Saturday and there were not too many of the more 'household' youth players but to be fair they did have 3 games in a few days - they played Waterford & UCD also in the last couple of days.

What were the numbers like? Hopefully the got a nice turn out and more people can go to games. Would have gone myself but was out of the county for the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭_Puma_

Chance tonight to go 9 points clear of the playoff spot. Gave Bray a 5-0 thrashing last time we played them. Bray are on the up however and 3 wins from their last 3 will mean it will not be as straightforward as last time we played them. I predict goals but a narrow win for Galway 3-2. Hoping for a high turnout tonight, weather is good and should be an entertaining game.

_Puma_ wrote: »
    Chance tonight to go 9 points clear of the playoff spot. Gave Bray a 5-0 thrashing last time we played them. Bray are on the up however and 3 wins from their last 3 will mean it will not be as straightforward as last time we played them. I predict goals but a narrow win for Galway 3-2. Hoping for a high turnout tonight, weather is good and should be an entertaining game.
    A bit of a strange one, without playing a game, United moved up to 6th in the table because of the way the results went last weekend.

The Bray game has sort of snuck up and it's actually such an important game for the club. A top 6 finish would be above anyone's expectations for the first season back I'd imagine and we're still in both cups.

We hammered Bray last time out but they're a much different side now, I still feel we'll have too much for them, 3-1 United.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭ratracer

Woo hoo!! A cup final!! I know it might be a distraction from the league, but it'll be a great day out, hopefully the town will get behind the lads in the run up to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

colm-horgan-winning-penalty.png

• Advertisement

Great display by an injury ravaged squad last night. When and where is the final going to be played?

Great display by an injury ravaged squad last night. When and where is the final going to be played?

September 19th, rumour that we might be at home as that's the side of the draw ourselves and dundalk were on.Only a rumour though.

Great display by an injury ravaged squad last night.

4 subs from a possible 7 named. 3 of them were u19 players who haven't even played for that team yet (League hasn't started).

September 19th, rumour that we might be at home as that's the side of the draw ourselves and dundalk were on.Only a rumour though.

Haha typical it would be the only day in the next 2 months I can't go!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Poor result. Was some battle tho. Nice to see Ludden and Walsh are fine. Shame Vinny has thrown a wobbler on the "GUST" forum again. Means this is the best place for Galway fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

What's the story with the forum? Had seen the initial warning but now it's offline. I hadn't seen anything too bad but I suppose I wasn't on it regularly enough to see anything.

WallyGUFC wrote: »
    What's the story with the forum? Had seen the initial warning but now it's offline. I hadn't seen anything too bad but I suppose I wasn't on it regularly enough to see anything.

No idea. Guess its just another hissy fit. Ya think some of those GUST lads would pop here with an excuse/explanation but nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

Very strange. I suppose we'll have to stay here for the time being so.

Bad result last night but the injury crisis and now suspension crisis is affecting us big time. Huge game on Monday and I'm not at all confident.

Very strange. I suppose we'll have to stay here for the time being so.

Bad result last night but the injury crisis and now suspension crisis is affecting us big time. Huge game on Monday and I'm not at all confident.

Ludden and Walsh crocked and Curran suspended from lastnight alone.
    Cunninghams knee injury aswell. Running horribly short at the minute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,168 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Shame to see the problems with the squad at this point of the season. Hoping Jake Keegan has enough in his Engine to help drive the lads on. I would think there's not that many more points required to stay up. Staying up and a good performance in the cup would be a great result

Wompa1 wrote: »
    Shame to see the problems with the squad at this point of the season. Hoping Jake Keegan has enough in his Engine to help drive the lads on. I would think there's not that many more points required to stay up. Staying up and a good performance in the cup would be a great result

Lots of points needed to stay up given Sligo and Limericks form.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

What did the warning say?

Huge game tonight versus Drogheda, they are in equally bad form but you'd worry that the injuries are gonna hurt us more.

What did the warning say?

Basically if people werent nice about GUST he'd pull the site. No idea what caused the warning but was quite childish.

Huge game tonight versus Drogheda, they are in equally bad form but you'd worry that the injuries are gonna hurt us more.
    Out injured are:
    Ludden
    Walsh
    Barry
    Curran (susp)
    Cunningham
    Are O'Connell & O'Laoi still injured aswell or were they just silently released like the one game wonder O'Donovan?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Basically if people werent nice about GUST he'd pull the site. No idea what caused the warning but was quite childish.
    That's not what it said at all. The lad who owns the forum was pissed off about posters making the same (admittedly not very funny) joke over and over again. Every match thread had posts along the lines of "I hope we win, but a draw wouldn't be as bad as a defeat" posted repeatedly.

Out injured are:
    Ludden
    Walsh
    Barry
    Curran (susp)
    Cunningham
    Are O'Connell & O'Laoi still injured aswell or were they just silently released like the one game wonder O'Donovan?

Ludden, Walsh, Barry, Cunningam, Connolly, Cantwell and O'Connell are injured.

C. Horgan and Curran are suspended.

That leaves us with 10 fit senior players for tonight, two of which are goalkeepers. Seven or so of the U19s have been called up to the senior squad.

That's not what it said at all. The lad who owns the forum was pissed off about posters making the same (admittedly not very funny) joke over and over again. Every match thread had posts along the lines of "I hope we win, but a draw wouldn't be as bad as a defeat" posted repeatedly.

Ludden, Walsh, Barry, Cunningam, Connolly, Cantwell and O'Connell are injured.

C. Horgan and Curran are suspended.

That leaves us with 10 fit senior players for tonight, two of which are goalkeepers. Seven or so of the U19s have been called up to the senior squad.

Still petulant and childlike from Galways "Media Officer". Like a child he didnt like how people were playing so he took his ball and went home so no one could play. Is Colm suspended for accumulation of yellows?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Still petulant and childlike from Galways "Media Officer". Like a child he didnt like how people were playing so he took his ball and went home so no one could play. Is Colm suspended for accumulation of yellows?

Yeah, 5 yellows. Byrne is 1 yellow away from the same suspension.

• Advertisement

Yeah, 5 yellows. Byrne is 1 yellow away from the same suspension.

So probably be.

Hanley/Winn
    McConnell? Oji Sinnott Raftery
    Molloy Byrne O'Leary Melody Shanahan
    Keegan

Hape of kids on bench?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement