Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway United 2015 season - MOD Warning in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Intifada

It being on a Monday is the kicker really. One of my favourite things about LOI football is being able to work it into a night out on the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭RichCRX

Hoping for another cracker tonight and if not...even just a place in semi final be nice!

I won't hold my breath on the quality of coverage given to Friday nights game on soccer republic, probably be last on again! ...Also, queue the 'What's happened to Boh's?' talk.

Frustratingcoverage.com

Anywho...Come on UNITED for tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

RichCRX wrote: »
    I won't hold my breath on the quality of coverage given to Friday nights game on soccer republic, probably be last on again! ...Also, queue the 'What's happened to Boh's?' talk.

Frustratingcoverage.com

Don't doubt it but it's the only way to watch it :/ Soccer Republic is terrible but I want to occasionally see more extended highlights than what the Galway Youtube page provides.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Don't doubt it but it's the only way to watch it :/ Soccer Republic is terrible but I want to occasionally see more extended highlights than what the Galway Youtube page provides.

RTÉ are never in a million years going to have highlights as long as those on the Galway United youtube channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭_Puma_

Looked at the RTE website on Friday evening to see the score at Half time, they hadn't even the fixture listed (Had the score in the other 2 games though)

The GUFC twitter and the Youtube channel are great for highlights and interviews. The Connacht Tribune and Advertiser seem to be taking a bit more notice of what's going on up in Terryland this weather too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

A fiver in is beautiful, I'm used to paying €10. (Should I mention I'm actually a Bohs fan?) I'm really impressed with how United are playing this season, and I'm raging I missed the match on Friday. Hopefully we'll recover. Hopefully.

Drogheda will be happy to hear that it's gone to extra time in Terryland. They really could have done without that. The squad is so thin at the moment and the work they put in last Friday is bound to catch up with them.

Galway United 1-0 Bohemians AET. Jake Keegan header early in extra time. That's 3 goals in 3 games for Keegan.

That's...

3 wins in a row,
    3 clean sheets in 5,
    6 wins in 9,
    and a cup semi final to look forward to in August.

Very tough away assignment in Drogheda on Friday after the exertions of the last week and a half.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 374 ✭✭Jjiipp79

Where can I pick up the home jersey online?

I don't live in Galway anymore but I'd love to represent here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Jjiipp79 wrote: »
    Where can I pick up the home jersey online?

I don't live in Galway anymore but I'd love to represent here
    www.elverys.ie/category/galway-united-fc/0000002408

• Advertisement

I followed the link, and I see only the 3rd kit for men. The rest are kids! They must be out of stock so I'll try again in a few days.

Thanks so much for the link.

I followed the link, and I see only the 3rd kit for men. The rest are kids! They must be out of stock so I'll try again in a few days.

There could be some in the club shop in Terryland.

I don't get to Galway very often now.... I could make a trip I suppose... Does it only opening match days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭Tommy Kelly

I don't get to Galway very often now.... I could make a trip I suppose... Does it only opening match days?

I was in Elverys there this evening and they appear to be well stocked in all GUFC items. The 3 jerseys (home, away and third), jackets, polo necks, hats, caps the lot really.

If you can't get to Galway it might be worth giving them a ring or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭UnleashTheBeast

I was in Elverys there this evening and they appear to be well stocked in all GUFC items. The 3 jerseys (home, away and third), jackets, polo necks, hats, caps the lot really.

If you can't get to Galway it might be worth giving them a ring or something.
    Which Elverys were you in if you don't mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,983 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Which Elverys were you in if you don't mind me asking?

Headford Rd id assume, they had everything there on Monday morning when i was in there.

I'll get my brother to pick one up for me there and post it to me.. Thanks for the info

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I'll get my brother to pick one up for me there and post it to me.. Thanks for the info

Are you near any elverys at all? Ask them to ring the headford store and see if they'll send it to your closest store. I don't see why they wouldn't do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

:pac:
    3wwydqf.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

The bit you highlighted is not even the most oddest part of that page. The continued efforts to rewrite the history of the club is petty to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

The bit you highlighted is not even the most oddest part of that page. The continued efforts to rewrite the history of the club is petty to say the least.

What?

I assume you mean the distinction being made between the Galway United that the boys run into the ground in 2011 and the club that was formed for the 2014 season.

GUST did give the lads on the Galway FC board an ultimatum regarding the name after last season and that's the only reason it is back, but technically the club is still a different entity to the other club. I don't know what needs to happen to change that.

To be honest, that along with the name change didn't and doesn't bother me in the slightest.

A name change doesn't change how the club is run.

Every club in the league has an u19 and u17 team. Galway United have none. Solidarity payments from UEFA that should be going to Galway United are being funnelled to Mervue and Salthill.

I'm sure the people on this new Galway United Co-op will do a great job, but as it stands, it seems to be nothing more than a glorified management committee that will do all the work and be given two fingers if they try to become involved in decision making.

Johnny Glynn appointed Galway United u19 manager

Dunne backs Glynn appointment

The u19 league is being aligned with the summer season, to run concurrently with the League of Ireland next year. There will be a shortened interim season to fill the gap, starting in August.

GUFC are grouped with last year's winners St. Pat's, along with Athlone, Longford, Rovers, Shels and Bohs. A very good group.

I know GUFC have gone some way to restoring the reputation of old, but having Glynn at the helm gives the first step into building an actual structure immediate legitimacy.

The half Season ticket is a great deal. 9 Games for the price of 6. I was on the fence at the start of the season about whether to buy a full season ticket so just decided to pay at the gate. Have only missed one or two games so the half season ticket is a good incentive for people like me. Got it there earlier so it will be ready for the Rovers game Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭deisedude

_Puma_ wrote: »
    The half Season ticket is a great deal. 9 Games for the price of 6. I was on the fence at the start of the season about whether to buy a full season ticket so just decided to pay at the gate. Have only missed one or two games so the half season ticket is a good incentive for people like me. Got it there earlier so it will be ready for the Rovers game Friday.

Ya I would have loved if a half season ticket was available at the start of the season too. I think Connacht have done that before

• Advertisement

I've never seen Terryland as full as the last time they we played the "Liverpool 11" a few years ago. Game was rubbish and Galway ended up winning 1-0. Far better standard of games being played in Terryland on a Friday night in the League. Seems like a needless friendly on the squads one weekend off without a game. Will pull in the punters, but I'd be more worried about lads picking up injuries. We have been very unlucky so far this season in that regard.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement