Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland is not friendly enough to Muslim tourists

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

A bunch of local yahoos is not the government.

Ah(..................) nuffin".

If you don't like being called out on it, perhaps you should stop doing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭IrishTrajan

Nodin wrote: »
    A bunch of local yahoos is not the government.

Yea, Morsi, the guy who led the MB, is just a local yahoo...
    Nodin wrote: »
    If you don't like being called out on it, perhaps you should stop doing it.

You started the argument with saying Arabs didn't want to keep the Jews as dhimmi before the 1948 war, I told you they did and provided proof. Since then you've just tried to turn the debate into slandering me. Don't be farcical.

If you want to get down into the semantics of using terms, you should really not use "amorphous horde". Amorphous is something without a definitive shape, a horde is a form. Or were you being deliberately oxymoronic?

Regardless, I'm done talking to you. Have a nice day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Yea, Morsi, the guy who led the MB, is just a local yahoo....

He was mentioned in relation to that village? I think not.

You started the argument with saying Arabs didn't want to keep the Jews as dhimmi before the 1948 war, I told you they did and provided proof. Since then you've just tried to turn the debate into slandering me. Don't be farcical.....

No, you showed somebody using the word "dhimmi" to mean an inferior, as opposed to a strict legal status. You were wrong.

.[/QUOTE]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

I thought the whole point of travelling was to experience local culture and see how people from that country live.

If you want to travel and experience your own culture then that's completely pointless and you should stay at home.

Noone is coming here for the sunshine, lets face it, tourists come here for the tacky Irish diddly damsha, great food, drink, music, craic, our beautiful castles and history.

If you come here and don't want any of that, what are you here for?
    Why travel all the way from what you want to pray in a rainy country, avoid all the drink, avoid all the local food for fear it's not true halal, eat in only muslim run restaurants serving food you can get at home, keep away from the traditional music as its associated with the drink you're avoiding, keep away from most of the history as its all steeped in Catholic dogma.

What's the point?

The type of Muslim the above implies is the Talibanised, fascist-trained brainwashed type who has lived for too long under some dictatorship and who does not question their stupid laws (100% made up by the regime mostly and more in keeping with Mein Kampf than anything else).

The type of Muslim people are less familiar with (and who make up the majority) actually enjoy pretty much the same things as the rest of us: music, drink, food, history, film and culture. Many Muslims think for themselves and are quick to point out things like 'there's no mention of the USA in the Koran', 'there is no ban on alcohol but it is a ban on harmful alcohol consumption' and 'the Islam was moderate while Christianity was ruling with an iron fist'. All true and not documented!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭DarkyHughes

Palestine isn't faultless in the current conflict. They started the war against Israeli in 1948, and the Arab nations have tried to invade Israel several times, even going so far as to issue the Khartoum Resolution (no peace, no compromise, no Israel).

Yes, Israel's actions are deplorable and they should be brought to heel, but to blame is solely on the West (and the Ottomans), and ignore Palestine's own wrong doings, is ridiculous. Both sides deserve a good smack across the head.

You talk like Palestine is a state with 1000's of nuclear weapons. All of the double dealing by the West led to the 40's crisis. Here's two scumbag acts of the top of my head - The King David hotel bombing & the hanging & torture of two British officers by Israeli terrorists & not much has changed since the 1940's. Go read some history.

• Advertisement
Advertisement