Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MLB 2015 Season Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

It really depends on what he is looking for.

It was also mentioned that the club option for Dickey next year is $12 million, which seems like an awful lot for a declining knuckleball pitcher. Granted he did get better after the all star break.

He'll be looking for big money. Which he will get

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Well there's one back anyway.

Chris Young made fools out of the Mets batters in his 3 innings in game 1 so hopefully they'll be better against him tonight than they were then.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,993 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Well there's one back anyway.

Chris Young made fools out of the Mets batters in his 3 innings in game 1 so hopefully they'll be better against him tonight than they were then.

Ex-met scrub will be BP practice today.

Igotadose wrote: »
    Ex-met scrub will be BP practice today.

Where was that cockiness after games 1 and 2?

Where was that cockiness after games 1 and 2?

He's not good for you guys, Jack you need more fans like your good self! :D:D

Great WS. Tit for tat all the way, if they can stay ahead here the Mets got themselves right back into it with momentum.

• Advertisement

So down 3-1. Have the Royals just where we want them...!!!!!

Seriously though, in big trouble now and probably done. Bad way to lose tonight. Up to Harvey now to at least get it back to KC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Yeah a bad loss in the end. A pity to see mistakes from two of the players who have pushed the Mets on the most this year, as that will be all that will be talked about tomorrow.

Yeah a bad loss in the end. A pity to see mistakes from two of the players who have pushed the Mets on the most this year, as that will be all that will be talked about tomorrow.

You'd wonder how much their stock has fallen these past few days. It's a very fickle world.

Sad loss. Clippard failed, Murphy failed again... Sigh.

Up to Harvey to prove his mettle tonight, and then we'll see.

Not giving up! It ain't over, till it's over!

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Thidp

Cespedes made a stupid mistake to end the game as well.

• Advertisement

In unrelated news: seems like Blue Jays have picked up Dickey's club option for next year.

Is that a move that BJ fans will like? Don't get me wrong, I like Dickey and love watching him when he's on his game but does he have it consistently enough to warrant another payday?

I get the impression he's being kept on because of experience. They have probably figured on losing Price and Mark Buehrle is probably done too, which would leave their starting rotation rather inexperienced. They also traded away a bunch of pitching prospects this year so they probably need all the pitching they can get.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Just got to Citi Field. Atmosphere is very tense. Have to say though it's awesome seeing all the national coverage like the pop up TV studios and promotional stands

8-10 wrote: »
    Just got to Citi Field. Atmosphere is very tense. Have to say though it's awesome seeing all the national coverage like the pop up TV studios and promotional stands

Bring us luck!

Bring us luck!

Need a performance from Harvey tonight.

Kansas seem to beat teams by just constantly singling, their entire line up is built around being able to hit the ball and get it in play.

will be interested to see how Harvey goes about his business tonight

Good luck Sirs! Have really enjoyed watching this

I just shook hands with Darryl Strawberry. Legend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

8-10 wrote: »
    I just shook hands with Darryl Strawberry. Legend

And that could be that.

Edit - now that's definitely that. Congrats KC, time to get 45 mins sleep

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

Prepare for the biggest baseball miracle ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

I retract my previous post.

Well done KC. Disappointing end to the season as a Mets fan especially the way the series played out. In 3 of the games they lost they had the lead in either the 8th or not he 9th so not being able to close out those games was tough. Shows the resilience of the Royals I suppose.

At the start of the season all I was hoping for was a season over .500 so the Mets have more than exceeded what I was expecting and no one could have predicted a run to the WS so when I get over this disappointment I'll look back on what was a terrific season for Mets fans with some great moments. I just hope they can build on it and back up the pitching with some offence and drive on next season.

Really enjoyed this thread too, thanks everyone!

Now how many days till pitchers and catchers report?

Yeah it was a tough way to end. We'll never know what would have happened if Harvey didn't pitch the 9th. I wonder was he trying too hard after being called out during the innings limit fiasco. I'm surprised Collins didn't put his foot down.

In any case, I guess that's what separated them in the end - the Royals were simply more driven to win and the Mets got distracted by errors and poor bullpen usage. I hope they build on next year too, they would have been more popular winners than the Royals that's for sure.

Well done KC. Disappointing end to the season as a Mets fan especially the way the series played out. In 3 of the games they lost they had the lead in either the 8th or not he 9th so not being able to close out those games was tough. Shows the resilience of the Royals I suppose.

At the start of the season all I was hoping for was a season over .500 so the Mets have more than exceeded what I was expecting and no one could have predicted a run to the WS so when I get over this disappointment I'll look back on what was a terrific season for Mets fans with some great moments. I just hope they can build on it and back up the pitching with some offence and drive on next season.

Really enjoyed this thread too, thanks everyone!

Now how many days till pitchers and catchers report?

Thanks for the great thread, Jack and everyone else. Feeling both depressed, and happy at the same time. Royals exposed all the Mets weaknesses, now as has been my lot as a Met fan since 1968, I'm looking forward to next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

I absolutely hate MLB.tv's clickable linescore. Automatically knew the game had gone to extra's before watching a single pitch.

Great season for both teams.

Kansas just soooo resilient. In the end Kansas bats just about got it done. Ballsy run by Hosmer on the throw from Wright., it's little things like that that win you WS. Also his double was terrific when under pressure. Have slept feck all the last week with the WS on so a little glad for it to be over.

Unlucky Jack, there is always next year .. my favourite quote for all my Washington teams :)

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Thidp

I couldn't believe the Royals were coming back AGAIN... how many times did they do that in the last two postseasons!? It's amazing.

But they deserved it... I was so sad when they lost last year, glad they won it all now. Great season for the Mets, I'd never expect them to go that far.

What about the decision of playing Harvey in the 9th, you guys think that was the right call?

Thidp wrote: »

What about the decision of playing Harvey in the 9th, you guys think that was the right call?

You're damned if you do, you're damned if you don't!

If they had taken him out and Famila gave up the lead, Terry would have been crucified. Hindsight is great so having seen how it played out, it was the wrong move to leave him in but at the time I would have been happy with letting him continue.

Thidp wrote: »
    I couldn't believe the Royals were coming back AGAIN... how many times did they do that in the last two postseasons!? It's amazing.

But they deserved it... I was so sad when they lost last year, glad they won it all now. Great season for the Mets, I'd never expect them to go that far.

At the time, yes I think it was correct. They'll have thought about Cueto's complete game and Familia's struggles and the fact that Harvey wouldn't be throwing again this season.

Hard to say in hindsight that it was correct because of course it wasn't, but at the time I understand the decision

• Advertisement

Hey, pitchers and catchers report in 108 days!

Something for everyone to look forward to.

See you around!

Advertisement