Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MLB 2015 Season Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,057 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Welcome to my world. I'm always worrying for them!

Not to worry much longer. Enjoy the next week, I know I'll be on pins and needles and sleepless... It's been too long and the last WS was so freakin' painful!

Hey, so my posting the magic number here... I'm o.k. to do that next year now, right? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Igotadose wrote: »
    Not to worry much longer. Enjoy the next week, I know I'll be on pins and needles and sleepless... It's been too long and the last WS was so freakin' painful!

Hey, so my posting the magic number here... I'm o.k. to do that next year now, right? :p

Will probably be too nervous and on edge to enjoy the week. I'm already sick of the build up and it's only Sunday.

As for the magic number, post away. No one's going to stop you. I still think it's ridiculous posting a magic number of 33 or whatever in the middle of August. Why not start on April 2 after an opening day win and call it 161? It'll be equally as relevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Tickets for tonight on stubhub starting at $200. That's incredible value. Forbes reported yesterday that the secondary market for tickets is steadily going down for all games of the series. I'm thinking of going to game 5 (if it happens). Tickets were $635 a couple of days ago and loads now today nearly $100 less than that. If they drop to $400-450 I think I'll have to do it

8-10 wrote: »
    Tickets for tonight on stubhub starting at $200. That's incredible value. Forbes reported yesterday that the secondary market for tickets is steadily going down for all games of the series. I'm thinking of going to game 5 (if it happens). Tickets were $635 a couple of days ago and loads now today nearly $100 less than that. If they drop to $400-450 I think I'll have to do it

I suppose it'll on depend on how the first couple of games go. If the Royals go to NY up 2-0 then I can see the price of tickets drop but of the Mets split or (he says wishfully) they win the first two, then the prices will rocket for the games in NY.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

A couple of hours to Game One.

I'll be rooting for the Mets but watching KC this postseason i'd say they'll be hard to beat.

So it starts in KC and goes 2-2-2-1?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Tickets for tonight on stubhub starting at $200. That's incredible value.

That seems unbelievable.

SO I went and checked stubhub and indeed there are many tickets available. At $200 its standing only but it looks like there seats for around $220.

When the series moves to Ny the prices go up to around $600 though so it must be a midwest thing. At those prices I'd have thought you'd have new york fans flying to kansas city though.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,627 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well the rain seems to have cleared and the Mets and royals are about to get it on.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Well the rain seems to have cleared and the Mets and royals are about to get it on.

Just woke up as the 12th was due to start and switched on to see Chris Young strike out the side and then Bartolo get out of a bases loaded jam. Onto the 13th.....

No way out of this (bases loaded, no one out)

Ah well, an opportunity lost there with Familla blowing the save in the 9th. Just have to hope for a split tmw. Don't want to be going back to NY down 2.

Just read that Volquez heard that his dad had died while he was on the way to the stadium. Great for him to be able to get up and perform at all, never mind the way he did.

• Advertisement

Just finished the condensed game, glad I didn't attempt to watch the whole thing as I'd have gotten nothing done this morning. An absolutely enthralling battle and one that brings up the old cliche of it being a shame that somebody had to win.

Hope for more of the same tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Up last night till the bitter end great win for Kansas .. Mets played well though. Volquez terrific effort and what a clutch HR in the 9th. Tonight in Kansas , Cueto v De Gromme could be explosive.

I have a feeling Kansas are not going to let this chance get away but it's been epic so far so wouldn't be surprised with 7 games and extras in lots of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Just read that Volquez heard that his dad had died while he was on the way to the stadium. Great for him to be able to get up and perform at all, never mind the way he did.

Apparently he didn't know until after he had left the game.

Say the first two innings live last night and then say the fifth inning(?) when the mets were leading 2-1 live and then feel fully asleep. Watched the recap today.

Apparently he didn't know until after he had left the game.

Yeah the team top brass knew but he didn't.

Goes without saying but in a massive hole now. Need some magic from Thor tmw night and the offence to get going.

Just say the score from game 2. Damn.

Really tough now for the Mets. Not impossible but it's hard to see them winning four against this Kansas team. Hosmer is clutch. In fact 1-9 I don't think there is a better line up in baseball as regards batting, all of them can hurt you. This is what they paid Cinci for as well, Cueto was incredible last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

In fact 1-9 I don't think there is a better line up in baseball as regards batting, all of them can hurt you.

They will base hit you to death, score from first on a single and then back it up with top pitching. Great to watch, and nearly unstoppable unless your name is Madison Bumgarner.

This is what they paid Cinci for as well, Cueto was incredible last night.

No hits allowed after 4th inning - massive effort

• Advertisement

MoyVilla9 wrote: »
    Great Painful to watch

Fixed you post ha ha..!!

No hits allowed after 4th inning - massive effort

It's been peaks and troughs for Mets hitting all year. When they're off, they're off going inning after inning without a hit. And it is something they need to snap out of quickly (if it isn't too late already).

Igotadose seems to have gone into hiding.

MoyVilla9 wrote: »
    They will base hit you to death, score from first on a single and then back it up with top pitching. Great to watch, and nearly unstoppable unless your name is Madison Bumgarner.

Apparently they've only swung and missed on only 2 out of 84 fast balls thrown by Harvey/de Grom. Talk about neutralising your opponent's strengths.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

So mattingly is taking the marlins job

The blue jays GM has turned down an extension as well

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

Bud Black to become Nats manager.

The blue jays GM has turned down an extension as well

That's pretty surprising but I can understand the reasons behind it (new CEO, apparently they don't see eye to eye). Interesting thing is he gave a press conference a few days ago where he said his contract wasn't an issue.

It will be interesting to see where the Blue Jays go from here, whether they build on this year. I suspect they won't, given the number of free agents they will have.

That's pretty surprising but I can understand the reasons behind it (new CEO, apparently they don't see eye to eye). Interesting thing is he gave a press conference a few days ago where he said his contract wasn't an issue.

It will be interesting to see where the Blue Jays go from here, whether they build on this year. I suspect they won't, given the number of free agents they will have.

Price isn't going to sign is he?

Price isn't going to sign is he?

I think he might cant see a good fit for him elsewhere unless he wants to wear pinstripes

I think he might cant see a good fit for him elsewhere unless he wants to wear pinstripes

It really depends on what he is looking for.

It was also mentioned that the club option for Dickey next year is $12 million, which seems like an awful lot for a declining knuckleball pitcher. Granted he did get better after the all star break.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Waitsian

It was also mentioned that the club option for Dickey next year is $12 million, which seems like an awful lot for a declining knuckleball pitcher. Granted he did get better after the all star break.

AA is gone, so don't be surprised Gibbons follows him.

As for players, it'll be the same team next year barring the odd trade. Encarnacion could go for some bullpen help. I don't think Dickey will be back, nor Price. Id love to have Estrada return.

New GM will undoubtedly want to put his own mark on things though so who knows...

Advertisement